Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    No, but it is Walmart's fault that so many of their employees are working 32-40 hour per week while still being so broke they need welfare to survive on top of their paychecks which amounts to hundreds of millions if not billions per year in welfare to Walmart to offset their paychecks and subsidize their payrolls. And that isn't even getting into their direct subsidizes to the company or anything. Quite literally, after you take into account how much they officially pay in taxes annually and then take into account what is paid out to them and their employees, they are actually revenue neutral to the US if not a cost sink last I checked.

Your friend is the blip on the radar, the company you mentioned was one of the big problems that make him look like nothing by comparison.

Also, how is your friend able to sit around all day and play video games and eat on the government dime? Did he somehow manage to qualify for or scam for disability? And if that is the case, how? I have been on file for disability for years now while fighting the VA and both social security and the VA have tried to ignore their own doctors and their doctors medical opinions trying to deny me with social security trying to tell me that while my injuries can cause all my symptoms that they didn't think they were as bad as claimed and gave all supporting evidence of my case from the VA no medical weight basically trying to claim that since I didn't have every single possible symptom, they didn't believe I had the others bad enough to matter.

How did your friend get around that? And even if I get it from SSI, I would still cap out at $779 per month. So how is your friend mooching and living the high life off that system?
    I have friends that work at Walmart and they don't live off welfare and have a nice place, maybe stop blaming Walmart for your failures and take personal responsibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Noone is talking about your lazy friend. The discussion is about the people who work much harder than a lot of rich people, and yet they can barely get by. "Just get an education!" - Right, except that costs a lot of money, and doesn't exactly leave much room for working. And you know, they have to work to get food and pay bills.

I'm so immensely sick and tired of this discussion, because one side is so blatantly oblivious when it comes to reality. "Why can't people just do like me, I did fine" - Says guy who has every opportunity to do things, because of the life he was born into. Not everyone gets that, and the ones who don't get fucked so unbelievably hard in America. Thank god I don't live there, it is frustrating enough to watch it from outside the country, I can only imagine the frustration of living there and watching it continue.
    No one was talking about Walmart either, if he can bring up pointless banter so can I

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Outside of Food Stamps, what all could you get living with your parents? And even Food Stamps living with them would require jumping through hoops and in that situation you aren't mooching from the government so much as you are from your family.

Zenkai was talking about his friend basically living mooching off the government and I am wondering how.

As it stands for me with legitimate injuries I am forced to try and survive off $836 per month from the 50% the VA has me at now plus $99 per month in Food Stamps they say is all I qualify for and trying to stretch that out to last me a month while trying to provide for myself and even with the doctors on my side, the paper pushers are trying to ignore them to keep me low balled.

So wondering how his friend is making it as he claimed. And if his response involves him mooching off his family and friends and using the government for Food Stamps only, I can basically write him off as being full of it.
    trust me there is things you can get other then food stamps, but i can claim food stamps just by claiming i do not eat the same meals as my parents, no proof needed. hell i bet i could claim disability because of a back injury 5 years ago that while it does not affect me now, it is easy for me to shift out my L3 and have to get it fix by a chiropractor and it will be a problem later in my life....

again, i could get free money for doing nothing IF I WANTED TO, but parents raised me with a work ethic and while some might say i been lazy the last few months job searching, i do not want to go back to retail and i want something in my field, problem is EVERYONE WANTS EXPERIENCE and you can't get experience without already having it for a starting position.

also i would rate my parents income middle class *upperish* so i can say i have it good at home, but i want my own place with a job i can live off of.

but i had a promising interview and i hope it leads to the job.
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2016-05-11 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    trust me there is things you can get other then food stamps, but i can claim food stamps just by claiming i do not eat the same meals as my parents, no proof needed. hell i bet i could claim disability because of a back injury 5 years ago that while it does not affect me now, it is easy for me to shift out my L3 and have to get it fix by a chiropractor and it will be a problem later in my life....

again, i could get free money for doing nothing IF I WANTED TO, but parents raised me with a work ethic and while some might say i been lazy the last few months job searching, i do not want to go back to retail and i want something in my field, problem is EVERYONE WANTS EXPERIENCE and you can't get experience without already having it for a starting position.

also i would rate my parents income middle class *upperish* so i can say i have it good at home, but i want my own place with a job i can live off of.

but i had a promising interview and i hope it leads to the job.
    While I can understand Food Stamps depending on your area. I honestly think you underestimate just how hard it is to get disability and fallen for the hype many conservatives have been throwing out.

I have a legitimate back injury with a mountain of evidence. I have had my spine operated on and a section of disc cut out of my spine along with a pre-op MRI showing the damage and a post-op MRI showing where the surgery didn't heal properly and the area near my spine scared over instead of healing and is putting more pressure on the spine. I have multiple doctors going back about 3 years stating my injury has caused nerve damage that will likely never heal and in their opinion my injury will prevent me from holding down jobs as it causes 24/7 constant pain and partial paralysis of my leg. The only reason I am even using a cane at this point is because I refuse to use the Walker they say I should be using.

And despite all of that, they still aren't trying to give disability making the claim they don't believe my injuries are as bad as me, the physical therapists, the surgeon or the board certified doctors at the VA are claiming them to be.

You think it is easier than it actually is I am thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I have friends that work at Walmart and they don't live off welfare and have a nice place, maybe stop blaming Walmart for your failures and take personal responsibility.
    I have a friend doing that as well but only because they are living in an area where Walmart has to compete on labor. I also have seen plenty more in areas where Walmart doesn't have to compete and can treat their workers however they want as the workers are easily replaced and they know it.

I am not blaming Walmart for my failures, I am blaming Walmart for THEIR failures. But nice try though.

And that still doesn't change the fact of what I said previously which you just tried to sidestep entirely with your anecdote and personal attack while saying nothing about the issue at hand with how the rich are bigger moochers than the poor collectively.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.