Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why selfies get so much hate. They want to remember being at a specific place, is that so wrong?

It's only when they do something stupid and put people in danger that it's a problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblez View Post
    The selfie+duckface combo still makes me cringe. xD
    Duckface needs to die.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Pretty much, wether it be behind the wheel of a car, in heights, near cliffs, on boats, near dangerous animals, railroad tracks, highways, etc. you name it.

here's a perfect example, guy almost gets himself splattered by a train.

Headphones in his ears, too..."BUT I GOT IT ON FILM, GUYZ!" lol what a fucking retard.

Protip: being aware of your surroundings is a nice habit if you want to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Damn those people and their pictures! Taking pictures is truly a heinous crime.
    Really it could be considered rape if you don't get consent from everyone in the picture.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Pretty much, wether it be behind the wheel of a car, in heights, near cliffs, on boats, near dangerous animals, railroad tracks, highways, etc. you name it.

here's a perfect example, guy almost gets himself splattered by a train.

Looks like the brain damage did not alter his IQ

It's a miracle

So what I'm getting is that people don't like thing. And here are a handful of isolated examples of thing turning out horribly wrong, even though for the trillions of selfies that are probably taken every day, this is all I can come up with, which goes to show "selfie incidents" are probably rarer than getting hit by a bolt of lightning...riding a shark...riding vladmir putin, riding a bear riding a squirrel riding an eagle. But that's just how desperate we are to harp on other people and boost our own ego in the process?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I've been to 4 countries in the last few weeks and the number of people taking selfies is just ridiculous.

You can't go anywhere, especially tourist sites without it being ruined by all the selfies. Even worse is the selfie stick.

It's like people aren't even enjoying the actual moment of being where they are but are only focused of a good photo to post on instagram.

What a sad state of affairs.
    What is really sad is people like you giving two fucks about others taking selfies.

Life for you must be great for you if you got time to be pissed about someone taking a selfie.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    So what I'm getting is that people don't like thing. And here are a handful of isolated examples of thing turning out horribly wrong, even though for the trillions of selfies that are probably taken every day, this is all I can come up with, which goes to show "selfie incidents" are probably rarer than getting hit by a bolt of lightning...riding a shark...riding vladmir putin, riding a bear riding a squirrel riding an eagle. But that's just how desperate we are to harp on other people and boost our own ego in the process?
    Yes, you pretty much nailed it.

well before people just bothered the locals to take a picture for them with those huge cameras, even worse those really big video cameras

7+ Year Old Account
    Came in expecting boobfies and was not only disappointed but it's a TA thread to boot. :/

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not true at all though. I'm around the same age as many of these rascals.
    "Wah Wah I was born in the wrong generation!"
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps let people do what they want to do and enjoy the sightseeing the way you want to?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Mobile phones should be forbidden, violations should be punishable with a fine of at least $75000 when you get seen with one.

Am I the only one that hates the term "selfie"? lol, why not just call it a picture?

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you expect? People are fucking monkeys and monkeys like selfies.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've been to 4 countries in the last few weeks and the number of people taking selfies is just ridiculous.

You can't go anywhere, especially tourist sites without it being ruined by all the selfies. Even worse is the selfie stick.

It's like people aren't even enjoying the actual moment of being where they are but are only focused of a good photo to post on instagram.

What a sad state of affairs.

I'd need a picture of you somewhere other than Canada to ever believe this.

If you're having selfie problems, I feel bad for you son. But I got 99 problems but a pic ain't one.

Deleted

actually, I take selfies and post on instagram at places I go to, not just so my "friends" can see, but more so because I use it as my own photo album and it keeps it very organized. If a friend wants to see my latest pic cause we change over the years I link them to my instagram which is my public photo album basically. I just showed my mom the latest pics on my instagram to keep her visually updated with my life lol. I don't mind it, it's 2016. What can you expect when people have smartphones that replace their normal cameras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    If you're having selfie problems, I feel bad for you son. But I got 99 problems but a pic ain't one.
    lol I giggled

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothg View Post
    I'd need a picture of you somewhere other than Canada to ever believe this.
    My word is good enough for you.

seeing people take selfies is pretty amusing, cause they probably don't realize that they look silly