Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way, but then again I don't like the game (But I understand it's quite good).

Maps are too small, rounds too short for my taste.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play shooter mostly for story, there are very few games I play for pvp. Overwatch may be worth the 60 if later release characters are free.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    They were free from the start?
    Aye, but I was in PS2 when it launched and that game had some serious issues (still have them really) with a progression curve for vehicles that essentially mandated player investment in real currency to be able to compete in any way.

Warframe and Planetside 2 were free at launch, but dear goodness have those years of iteration been needed to get them to the relatively polished state they are now. You could argue that Planetside 2 still doesn't do enough for the vehicle play by a long shot, but construction recently helped.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    I play shooter mostly for story, there are very few games I play for pvp. Overwatch may be worth the 60 if later release characters are free.
    I suspect Overwatch will follow the Diablo 3-esque model of updates, Reaper of Souls has had huge swaths of content added to it free-of-charge to owners years after it was released.

Blizzard supports their titles pretty vehemently.

Deleted
    I don't think the crossgame extras are worth the additional 20 units of currency but the 40 are fine so far. They may need to push out some more maps down the line.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still torn. I've enjoyed the beta but I'm worried that it will get old fast. They've said that maps and heroes will be free (or they 'hope' to make them free), so hopefully they can get updates out quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderahn View Post
    Blizzard supports their titles pretty vehemently.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I think i just had a stroke, because I could NOT have read that correctly.

i'm not a pvper, likely will never go into ranked games until it's me and my friends willing to get our asses collectively whipped and handed back to us.

Still think it's worth the money. I've had great fun with it, rage moments yes, but i find it a really good co-op shooter. We're not good, we know that, we just try to do our best (even if it includes swearing at each other) and we won some games.

Completely personal opinion though.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    not even close. you can get counter-strike for $15, battlefield 4 premium for $20, rocket league for $20 and several other great games even for free. overwatch can't compete with them.

Deleted
    I only paid 39,99 euro :P
    And me and my friends play for the pvp.
    Considering how much we played during this beta, and how fun we had, I already know it will be well worth the money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drarakaun View Post
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I think i just had a stroke, because I could NOT have read that correctly.
    Every content patch beyond the launch content in a WoW expansion is free support and content. Every patch they've added in Diablo 3 with new features has been added content for free. Blizzard provides a lot of content without charging for it, once you've bought into their products.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Even tho having campaign would have been nice, I came to Overwatch mostly for PvP.
    I agree with this, I too came to Overwatch for the PvP however I discovered a host of engaging characters, and an intriguing story set within an interesting setting, I would love to see the universe Blizzard has created expanded upon, however it is not the main focus of the game.

Story DLC for each hero would be really neat though.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I'd say it isn't...probably end up like HotS or HS...making money off of it is more important than expanding the game...so skins and new heroes you'll have to unlock will take priority over new maps and modes.
    This after they already showed us their work on Arena mode Hots. And the fact they released a bunch of maps not long ago or that new hereos are not "expanding the game" IN A MOBA.

This should be F2P with cosmetics. No way it costs $40. You can buy some proper games for that money, like FO4 or 2 copies of Witcher 3 with the expansion pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    I'd say it isn't...probably end up like HotS or HS...making money off of it is more important than expanding the game...so skins and new heroes you'll have to unlock will take priority over new maps and modes.

- - - Updated - - -

Something I don't like about this game...it's sorta casual to the extreme...I'm not some hardcore shooter player...I'm not the best by far...but taking the *shooting* out of a shooter is kinda silly to me...but hey...that is what blizzard does...king of the casuals these days lol.
    I would disagree to the utmost extreme here. OW is faaar from casual. While they have taken the MMO/card/MOBA industry and made a super casual friendly iteration, this is not what you have with Overwatch. If you're just sticking to Tracer or Genji or Widow and wont play anything else or adapt to the other teams strategy... You're going to get absolutely wrecked. You have to play to the objective, not the kill count. Like play a team that knows hard counters or how heroes synergize and you'll see that it is far from casual.

With warcraft being so boring at the moment, I really enjoyed overwatch, over 25 hours played, I think it is def worth the money. I cannot wait till the 24th, Time to pew pew with my lvl 49 tracer hehe

10+ Year Old Account
    You really don't know why they didn't add 4-5 hour campaign for every hero OP!?

21 chars to play and learn at launch with more free content coming. Everything you could buy will be cosmetic

Base game is 40 for PC not 60. So are the skins worth 20 basically :P (Plus other games goodies) Don't know if there's a 40 dollar version for console, I'd assume so :0 idk
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Only for PC, consoles are forced into getting the Origins Edition.

And there's no campaign, although I'm assuming you meant that even for that short of a campaign adds up, just adding this as an additional clarification in case.

That being said, I think it's worth the $60, but then again, I spent $140 or whatever to get the physical CE, so maybe I'm a bit bias.
    You mean 'a bit biased'. It's like saying, 'maybe I'm a bit tire' when you mean 'tired', and so on.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-05-11 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    Ok this is my honest opinion for OverWatch.

First off I would like to say that I like playing shooters with a Campaign and without it I get bored very fast.

I played the Beta for a few days and it was pretty fun. Mostly played Vs AI. The characters felt very unique from one another and i actually liked. And it hurts that this game is just focus on PVP Aka Esports. Why couldnt Blizzard add a 4-5 hour campaign for each Hero? I would never know.. so the question is, is this game worth the 60 dollar price tag for us console players? The answer is No sadly For NOW. Maybe they will add Chapters with mini stories that we can play through but this will be a pass for me.

Do you guys play shooters for the story or for PVP?

The answer is: It depends on the person. I normally play online shooters for a grand total of 30-40 hours over their life, before getting sick of them... I've put more time than that into Overwatch already, and it isn't even released yet. And I still badly want to play it.
    Yes, it's worth the $40 for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not going to lie, if they added a single player campaign, I would play the hell out of it.

I love the single player stuff they have added to StarCraft 2. The new CO-OP is so much fun.