Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    TBH i think that is more a problem with the extremely well known ashbringer and doomhammer, rather then the rest of the artifacts. If they just hadn't given players the extremely iconic weapons, the contrast between the remaining made up ones and semi-known ones would have been a lot different in perception.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn it, we should have had d

that scale fit in a humans hand/pocket so that sure woulda made an amazing shield

- - - Updated - - -

He was probably given the scale by Neltharion for some reason/reward/task, since it's such a huge scale. Though dragons shed scales all the time like we shed hairs/skin flakes.

Dragon scales are highly magical in nature they can do all sorts of fancy shit in lore, a common use is to use them as a phone between the dragon and his agents.
    Damn, I guess I can go back to wanting his chin as a weapon.
    'A corpse should be left alone.'

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    snip
    I agree with you on the broad strokes, but I don't really accept the premise that the problem is due to Warriors being different across races.

Realize that a lot of that applies to other classes too:
    • Silver Hand, Sunwalkers, and Blood Knights are completely different from one another in nearly every way describable, yet they manage to bring them together without a problem.
    • Rogues encompasses at least as many archtypes as Warriors, and come from a wide variety of backgrounds as well, yet they group together without a problem.
    • Warlocks are perhaps the single most diverse class in terms of ideology.
    • Lore-wise Shadow Priests and Holy/Discipline Priests are complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

I don't know why so many people think that it's a problem unique to Warriors, but that's also exactly what the Order Halls were meant to do: set aside differences and join together as a single class. Bring the Silver Hand and Blood Elves together, unite the differing factions of Rogues, band the various groups of Warriors together... instead Warriors are ignored completely and we're given Vrykul.

Thus, for Warriors the problem persists, simply because they've never bothered to address it. This is my biggest complaint with our Order; it's not that I hate Vrykul or Valhalla (quite the opposite, really), it's simply that it has nothing to do with Warriors, and doesn't do what the Order Halls are meant to do. It's the one Order that's completely different from every other.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Thus, for Warriors the problem persists, simply because they've never bothered to address it. This is my biggest complaint with our Order; it's not that I hate Vrykul or Valhalla (quite the opposite, really), it's simply that it has nothing to do with Warriors, and doesn't do what the Order Halls are meant to do. It's the one Order that's completely different from every other.
    Snipped for the sake of space, but Archi basically said everything I was going to say. Warrior is just as "generic" or "broad" as Priest or Hunter. Every race has their own priests leading worship or praise of the Light or Shadow or whatever. There are lots of classes that are just as broad in terms of scope and meaning as warriors, with just as much racial difference and identity. Ultimately, Blizz just shit the bed with warriors, for whatever reason; be it apathy, distaste, or simply ideas that they thought were good but completely missed the mark of what the warrior class hall and fantasy really should have been.

Ultimately, however, it's all academic because we're at the point now where changes just won't be made. They screwed the pooch on this long ago. The development cycle is so long for Blizz that the art assets and "story" were probably set in stone for us months ago; we needed to be a fly on the wall inside Blizz HQ to see the mistakes being made and halt them. Plus, they don't seem to be all that great at taking criticism of their storytelling or lore, so I don't think any of it would've mattered anyway.

A war against the Legion is exactly the kind of thing that would unite every warrior of disparate races and factions together under a single banner, dedicated to protecting our homes and taking bloody vengeance against those who kill, enslave, and torture our people. It should've been a great moment in warrior lore and storytelling. Instead we got generic fantasy vikings #3,872 (see also Elder Scrolls, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Marvel Comics/Films, etc.). So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Hodir and Thorim under the Warrior player's command? What the hell... That is like me (a Druid) commanding Cenarius and Malorne... Not to mention King Ymiron who is the first boss in the Helheim/Maw of Souls dungeon.
    Ultimatly they still answer to Odynn.

We're more a Lieutenant than a General
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    We're more a Lieutenant than a General
    "You are one of the leaders of your class, helping to guide the Order." From the Legion Developer Update.

And if I remember correctly, Odyn left Ulduar because the other Titan Keepers did not listen to him when he forbade the blessing of the five proto-drakes (the future Dragon Aspects). Loken also rewrote Ulduar's programming and took Odyn's title of Prime Designate (World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume 1). Odyn has as much command over the other Titan Keepers as the players should.
    Last edited by RedGamer030; 2016-05-11 at 01:41 AM.

"You are one of the leaders of your class, helping to guide the Order." From the Legion Developer Update.
    He's right though, they still answer to Odyn, and technically we do too. Again, ours doesn't act like any other Order: we aren't in charge, we're Odyn's pawn. It's not even a "Warrior" Order, it's a Vrykrul one, we just happen to be a Warrior that they use.

And if I remember correctly, Odyn left Ulduar because the other Titan Keepers did not listen to him when he forbade the blessing of the five proto-drakes (the future Dragon Aspects). Loken also rewrote Ulduar's programming and took Odyn's title of Prime Designate (World of Warcraft Chronicle: Volume 1). Odyn has as much command over the other Titan Keepers as the players should.
    Odynn has been rewritten to be Thorim's father and what we've seen so far of the warrior campaign, we're bringing in the other watchers to be part of ODYNN'S ARMY.

What blizz has said concerning the Order Halls, so far does not apply to the warrior one. At all.

Its not a place for warriors
    We're not the leader
    Its not a place for meeting up as canonicly, we're the only warrior who can ever be there
    Its not even an Order by any means. Its just a generic army of mixed Vrykul and some watchers shoved in.

Hell for that matter, our hall is contradictory. "I brought you here because I cant bring my army to azeroth" "Now go and send my army out to azeroth to do missions instead of bringing in the races of azeroth"

Wait until the 14 day "build" time on order hall progression.

"Sweet, I finally unlocked tier X effect and can equip another legendary!" /wait 2 weeks.

I doubt it will change, but I made a post about it. In my opinion the 2 week time is fine if it takes that long to unlock said tier, but not an arbitrary gate after unlocking it. Same result, much different perception.
    I really dont mind it taking that long for the 2nd legendary, since the effect is too powerful to be unlocked early. This warrior campaign is supposed to unlock the other two artifacts & the 3rd relic slot. Now Im fine with the 3rd relc slot taking time, but Im not fine having to wait 3-4 days so I can play protection for faster dungeon ques or make it easier to make a 5 man group with my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    I really dont mind it taking that long for the 2nd legendary, since the effect is too powerful to be unlocked early. This warrior campaign is supposed to unlock the other two artifacts & the 3rd relic slot. Now Im fine with the 3rd relc slot taking time, but Im not fine having to wait 3-4 days so I can play protection for faster dungeon ques or make it easier to make a 5 man group with my guild.
    Re-read what I wrote, my complaint isn't with gating the mechanic, it's the way that gating is presented to the player.

"In my opinion the 2 week time is fine if it takes that long to unlock said tier, but not an arbitrary gate after unlocking it. Same result, much different perception."

Odyn has been rewritten to be Thorim's father
    Oh joy... Blizzard has already retconned a book barely a month old.

7+ Year Old Account
    Odynn has been rewritten to be Thorim's father and what we've seen so far of the warrior campaign, we're bringing in the other watchers to be part of ODYNN'S ARMY.

What blizz has said concerning the Order Halls, so far does not apply to the warrior one. At all.

Its not a place for warriors
    We're not the leader
    Its not a place for meeting up as canonicly, we're the only warrior who can ever be there
    Its not even an Order by any means. Its just a generic army of mixed Vrykul and some watchers shoved in.

Hell for that matter, our hall is contradictory. "I brought you here because I cant bring my army to azeroth" "Now go and send my army out to azeroth to do missions instead of bringing in the races of azeroth"
    Don't forget, EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME gets called to Odyn to be tested in the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Don't forget, EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME gets called to Odyn to be tested in the dungeon.
    And again later after you send your orderhall/garrison people to steal artifacts in the halls of valor. See:
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=141195/odyns-challenge
    "Odyn himself invites the most powerful champions of Azeroth to enter his halls and face his warriors."

Deleted
    He's right though, they still answer to Odyn, and technically we do too. Again, ours doesn't act like any other Order: we aren't in charge, we're Odyn's pawn. It's not even a "Warrior" Order, it's a Vrykrul one, we just happen to be a Warrior that they use.
    I think Odyn serves as a confusing puzzle piece. We're supposed to lead the Valhajar. But we're given no clear cut WHAT the Valhajar ARE anymore, like you said, they're just Odyn's fanction instead of OUR order.

- - - Updated - - -

And again later after you send your orderhall/garrison people to steal artifacts in the halls of valor. See:
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=141195/odyns-challenge
    "Odyn himself invites the most powerful champions of Azeroth to enter his halls and face his warriors."
    To be fair, that sounds more like he is using champions to test the Valhajar than letting them become champions himself. The end result of the dungeon is him stopping from kicking your ass at 80% saying "Yeah that was fun, now fuck off out of my house"

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior seems to have a very uninspiring order hall story
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Warrior seems to have a very uninspiring order hall story
    So do all of them to be honest.

DK gather 4 Horsemen.

Warriors gather 4 watchers

Shamans gather 4 elemental lords

I think DH recruit Akama.

Deleted
    Is there anything in campaign besides the follower stuff ? Something like when DKs raids Stromgrade/pala order hall ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Is there anything in campaign besides the follower stuff ? Something like when DKs raids Stromgrade/pala order hall ?
    Yes, you got to ulduar and try to save thorim. I say try because I didnt get to finish it before alpha went down.

We know Magni pops up somewhere in Ulduar, does he pop up in the warrior campaign at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    We know Magni pops up somewhere in Ulduar, does he pop up in the warrior campaign at all?
    He's not a Vrykul, so no. He'll probably end up a part of the Shaman campaign or something, since he "speaks for the earth now".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    So do all of them to be honest.

DK gather 4 Horsemen.

Warriors gather 4 watchers

Shamans gather 4 elemental lords

I think DH recruit Akama.
    I mean, I'd rather be collecting powerful champions relating to my class, or creating them in the DK's case, rather than collecting more Vrykul. Don't get me wrong, Vrykul and Watchers can be cool and all, but there's a pretty overwhelming theme in Legion that has dick all to do with Warriors.

The 1 day missions were changed to 2 hours (at least the first one did so assuming the other 2 did aswell), so at least you dont have to spend 4 days getting other artifacts or 3rd relic anymore.