Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    Can someone tell me why you have to buy earlier versions of the game, if blizzard wants you to skip content by boosting chars to 100?
    They are greedy. It obvious but most people don't see it right away, or they ignore it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    A lot of people don't like leveling, myself included. This game revolves around max level. If you want to slow down then Blizzard should give you that option and allow the rest of us to continue to go through it as fast as possible to get it over with.

That option already exists, it's called HEIRLOOMS.

Can someone tell me please.
    Do you have to be an active sub to get a Beta invite?

Quote Originally Posted by ShuraEU View Post
    That option already exists, it's called HEIRLOOMS.
    Exactly, and they shouldn't mess with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    Why would they send an invite to someone that doesn't even play? That makes no sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djprada View Post
    People who haven't played since Cata have gotten beta invites, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddysmind View Post
    Leveling is broken, you can't even get half way through a zone before the quests give little to no reward.
    If you want to skip leveling and just go to max you can purchase that.
    You shouldn't have the fucking option of being able to purchase one. They should have sorted out leveling instead of making a blatant cash grab.

So...how do we know if we got an invite through the launcher? I don't recall seeing the Legion alpha option in my drop down menu but it's now there...and I can install it...is that how we know we got the invite? Because I never got an email from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    So...how do we know if we got an invite through the launcher? I don't recall seeing the Legion alpha option in my drop down menu but it's now there...and I can install it...is that how we know we got the invite? Because I never got an email from Blizzard.
    Yeah, someone said in the other beta thread this is their way of helping to prevent phishing attacks. IF its there in your launcher then congrats. you got in.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Yeah, someone said in the other beta thread this is their way of helping to prevent phishing attacks. IF its there in your launcher then congrats. you got in.
    Oh thank god...Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2016-05-11 at 08:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Oh thank god...Thanks for the info.
    You can either check your launcher or go directly through the battle.net website (type in the url yourself, pay attention it's the HTTPS! URL) and then look at you account overview, it will tell also tell you when your PTR account is Legion Beta flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    I think people forget that levelling again and again primarily exists because of numbers and stat scaling. They raise the cap to make you feel more powerful between expansions, albeit superficially.

Sure they add in a trivial quest-line here and there for you to progress through on your way to max level again but it's not intended for it to last a large amount of time.

Frankly I was perfectly fine with the levelling/questing experience in Warlords (it was one of the few good things about the xpac) and as content apparently scales now, why would it matter what level you are when you take part in that storyline. I don't see how it should play any part in how long it takes to be max level. That's archaic RPG thinking, its a dated mindset.

If content scales, the time it takes to do content (presumably the difficulty) actually has very little to do with your current level and how long it takes you to reach max level.
    There's two camps in this fight - those who see leveling as an imposition, and those who see it as a journey. I'm in the latter - the 1-100 game should be just as important as end game - the game needs population at all levels, so every player has a good experience in the game. The legacy crowd has been bellowing about this very thing for weeks, and as loathe as I am to throw in with their "cause" - the abandonment of old content has always bothered me, and the lack of focus on lower level journeys. We, the people who played since vanilla, learned by leveling and playing and interacting with NPCs and dungeons and raids who the people are, what the stories now, and it makes the story mean more, especially when the player confronts one of the big lore characters in-game. Boosts take that away. New players who Boost to Legion will have no context to really appreciate Illidan, or Gul'Dan, or the Legion returning. They boosted past all of that story, and all those experiences.

Think of an amusement park, where only the scariest rollercoaster is maintained, and the rest of the park is allowed to fall apart and break down and the rides last 30 seconds. Nobody is going to bother. The ones riding the rollercoaster will be happy, but the people who want the ferris wheel? The park sucks. So you make a special pass that lets yo in a special gate that leads directly to the roller coaster, and avoids the rest.

You need more than roller coasters.

You specifically might not like leveling, but the leveling part of the game is important to a lot of people. It drives the economy. It teaches people how to play, to form friendships, loyalties, and guilds. It makes alts as fun as main characters. It makes a world, not just one corner of the map getting any life. Ion addressed this, and i'm glad he sees it - not that I have much hope they can still fix it. Taking character level away is not that crazy an idea, at this point.

And, i found the lack of leveling content in WOD disturbing. In the past, once I stopped raiding seriously, enjoyed taking my time, and getting weeks out of new content. Wrath and MoP were perfect in the amount of exploring, zones, story, and lore, and how long it took. I got what, 3 days out of WOD? Unacceptable, especially as I'm not a raider, and that it cost so much.

The scaling tech might be what saves the game, so they can have both camps happy. Maybe. I think too many people these days would be happy with NO leveling, and would rather start the expansion at the door of the first raid.

12-15 seconds combat time per enemy, WTF

I started a new Monk a few weeks ago and wanted to rip my eyes out by level 10, so slow even with a few heirlooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    They can't fix what they ruined in Legion. Pristine will help and be a few steps in the right direction but this games current realm population per realm will never ever compete with what an official Legacy realm population would be.
    Going to have to disagree with you there. People would play Legacy for a month or so, then they'd go back to live. Even less if they had to pay for Legacy.

When I click "Region / Account," there is an item for "Legion: Alpha." I never got an e-mail invite. Does this mean I have it or does everyone have it? When I try to log in, I get that all servers are Offline. Is this accurate and I just have to wait for them to come online again? I noticed that it was also active in my Battle Net Account, so I want to say that I have it, but without e-mail confirmation, I don't want to assume anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengril View Post
    When I click "Region / Account," there is an item for "Legion: Alpha." I never got an e-mail invite. Does this mean I have it or does everyone have it? When I try to log in, I get that all servers are Offline. Is this accurate and I just have to wait for them to come online again? I noticed that it was also active in my Battle Net Account, so I want to say that I have it, but without e-mail confirmation, I don't want to assume anything.
    Yes you have it.
    Congratz

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    They are greedy. It obvious but most people don't see it right away, or they ignore it.
    So greedy that they put all the older versions in one package for $20 instead of charging separately for WoW, BC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP.

So greedy that they'll probably put WoD in there too at some point without raising the price much.

So, so greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShuraEU View Post
    You can either check your launcher or go directly through the battle.net website (type in the url yourself, pay attention it's the HTTPS! URL) and then look at you account overview, it will tell also tell you when your PTR account is Legion Beta flagged.
    Checked my account on bnet actually...and it's not enabled....but i have the ability to install the Legion beta..many of my friends dont have that in their drop down. so idk if the account flagging has happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by roninwookie View Post
    1. What do you want them to talk about? There are new arenas. They have a pvp tree that they are still working on. They didn't mention they're working on new talents either. They don't have to :P
    2. They mentioned this before...I can't seem to find the post but it will work like WoD.
    3. They are probably still discussing how that'll work internally.
    4.If they havn't said anything about new dungeons by this point, don't get your hopes up.
    1. maybe they can talk about how the shitty class design and ability pruning are ruining PvP, and their plans for fixing it?

you know, the topic that dominates *every single discussion thread* on the alpha PvP forums right now...
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JaceDraccus View Post
    So greedy that they put all the older versions in one package for $20 instead of charging separately for WoW, BC, WotLK, Cata, and MoP.

So greedy that they'll probably put WoD in there too at some point without raising the price much.

So, so greedy.
    So this isn't appearing for you? Strange - but still if you can download it, that is most definitely proof you are in and I'm envious! =P

http://i.imgur.com/eDa6oiF.png