Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I think this was collateral damage, not intentional.

(They just talked about leveling being broken, btw. This doesn't mean much, because that's just talk, but if they actually fixed some of leveling, fixing gold rewards / professions during leveling would be much appreciated.)
    No, this has been a scale through tbc-wrath-cata-mop. The main thing is they upped it a little more (I haven't seen any 113g grey vendors but I'll take peoples word for it) above curve to compensate for garrisons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It seems pretty steep a price imo... Considering it doesn't actually DO anything other than look cool...

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Might wanna read the post where Watcher said it's not a placeholder and the price is not going to change.

A lot of people were excited to get this mount when it was datamined, but maybe this will show people that you should not automatically assume that you are going to get everything that gets added to the game.

The sooner the mentality of "I should get everything in the game cause I paid for the game" dies the better.
    oh my bad then, I just went from the op,

As for the second part you typed I hope your not directly referring to me there, I've already outlined why I think 2 mil is ott, and its not nothing to do with "I should get everything in the game cause I paid for the game" in the slightest

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This has always been the case, and has always been intentional.
    @Schizoide the entire game is intentionally at max level, new players are raced to max level where the new content is and they are on a level playing field to long time players, not trying to compete with people who have all the old expansion stuff that will take them forever to attain. Top heavy inflation is only a benefit to hte new/returning players, as it lowers the value of the gold we had prior.
    This is largely true, but allowing inflation to rise exponentially each expansion means that as we progress through expansion-after-expansion, eventually the casual player will be pushed out of the market entirely (which is paralleled in the U.S. economy currently, where the lower- and middle-classes have been effectively removed from certain parts of the market because their purchasing power isn't strong enough; this is especially the case in the housing market, where you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who makes $70,000 who can afford to regularly invest anything more than $3,000-5,000, annually, into anything.

The U.S. prints around $541,000,000 in U.S. legal currency each year and subsequently removes about $513,950,000 of it; which means that of all of the new money thrown into the economy, 95% of it is removed. This is a concerted effort by the Federal Reserve to maintain the purchasing power of the dollar, allowing for 5% of their printed money to be added to the overall inflation rate of the country -- and if you'll notice, even with this absolutely microscopic level of overall inflation, in just 20 years the cost of many things has in many cases tripled or even quadrupled.

To compare this to WoW, the only money taken out of the economy consistently by design comes from the Auction House Cut (15%), repairs and vanity purchases -- with the only universally effective method, repairs, being the one whose deflationary value is the lowest. So if the U.S. government takes 95% of their newly generated currency out of the game, every year, by design... and 20 years has seen things triple in price, or more, what is likely to happen to the WoW economy when they only remove a tiny portion of their generated gold each expansion?

The answer is, eventually, it will cost like 5,000g for a single flask... which in theory is fine, as long as everybody makes 5,000 in like a daily quest. The problem is the interim periods between these expansions is where "the rich" play the market and get ahead by millions and "the poor" just complain about it on the forums. It isn't a fix at all to just throw inflation, nor is it a fix to take money from the rich to give to the poor (no matter how much you enjoyed Robin Hood as a child)... the only solution is to attempt to make the market as fair as possible and let those with the drive to participate do so, or not do so, as they please.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    The answer is, eventually, it will cost like 5,000g for a single flask... which in theory is fine, as long as everybody makes 5,000 in like a daily quest. The problem is the interim periods between these expansions is where "the rich" play the market and get ahead by millions and "the poor" just complain about it on the forums. It isn't a fix at all to just throw inflation, nor is it a fix to take money from the rich to give to the poor (no matter how much you enjoyed Robin Hood as a child)... the only solution is to attempt to make the market as fair as possible and let those with the drive to participate do so, or not do so, as they please.
    This never becomes an issue when we get a patch of some sort every year and ideally every 6 months.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    oh my bad then, I just went from the op,

As for the second part you typed I hope your not directly referring to me there, I've already outlined why I think 2 mil is ott, and its not nothing to do with "I should get everything in the game cause I paid for the game" in the slightest
    I was not specifically referring to you, I have seen a lot of people on forums complain that it's unfair that people with lots of gold can get a spider while they themselves can't get that much gold.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    whenever i read this im like ... how ? how the hell can logging in 1 a day for 30 seconds to make a daily profession cd be too much effort for "casual players" if you logged in just 1 per day and kill kazzak 1 per week you can craft 1 item per month which alonge shoudl give you 35k gold a month giving total of 400k per year - and then people say bs like they have problem to make 20k >< unbeliveable :/

- - - Updated - - -

and then at some point they dropped to 31k - thats when people should have made 3 years supply to save milions of gold when their prices risen - thats why rich are gettin richer becasue they have liquid assest ready to invest whnever oportunity strikes. thats why i will play the game for 3 years for +/- 1 mln gold while little timmy will spend 4-6 mln in that time still being happy that he plays "for free" while ill save that amount of gold by simply not spending it at all while he will -_-
    by spending 5 minutes a day, 30 minutes each tuesday (when i just do my selling, openign crates, putting stuff on AH) i make 150k from 11 toons ( i have another 11 but they arnt all fully maxed/full garrison and at this point i stopped since legion is soon and i wont make back my investment with those garrisons)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    In what game you have only income and no expenses? Can I move in too please?

Maybe little timmy will simply not be subbed if theres no content, while you feel obligated to use your cheap token (otherwise it's a waste that they are lying around in your bag) and play a subpar game. Maybe you play 1 year from your cheap token that is a content drought, supporting a game studio that doesn't give a fuck about delivering continous content for their customers, while Timmy plays other games. Maybe timmy rather pays 13 eur a month to play wow when it's good rather than strain himself to save up gold for tokens.
    Maybe wow gets shut down in 3 years and all your remaining tokens will be a waste of gold in your bags.
    cookie clicker has only income no expenses :3

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This never becomes an issue when we get a patch of some sort every year and ideally every 6 months.
    I'm not sure how you can say this never becomes an issue, it's already an issue and is evidenced by the fact that some people were able to participate in the economy (i.e. make millions of gold from thousands) and some were not (i.e. sitting on 23,418g right now, unable to even really get started).

The people who currently have low purchasing power, owing to their lack of participation in the economy during WoD, in some cases literally cannot afford to buy even a single Stage 1-3 Crafted Item. That's not "an issue" of inflation?

Edit: It's also partly on the player to actually make an attempt to accrue some wealth, if they want it, but a large part of the problem is that the moment the inflation hits (at the beginning of every expansion)... some people utilize it and increase their in-game wealth exponentially and some do not. If this inflation didn't really occur to begin with, the widening of the wealth gap wouldn't be occurring as rapidly.
    Last edited by Fyersing; 2016-05-11 at 07:50 PM.

Very well explained, Fyersing. I wish the devs would read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenry View Post
    Oh it's a cashgrab alright. Happen to forget that Blizz purchased Candycrush? Let's rewind further. Devs used to poke fun at players being "packrats", collectors, and never had any empty bank space due to redundant items. Why are there 5000+ non-combat pets in the game and 500+ mounts? It's because the bulk of player base are collectors. Did we ever need 30,000 achievement points in the game? All this stuff is what OCD player must have checked off.

Don't believe me? People on forums have been posting a lot lately in preparation of Wardrobe Transmog system. Going out of there way to plan ahead on checking off absolutely useless items .. because it's there.

This new system they are disguising is not about Gold Inflation or just a simple money sink to balance gold. It's Candycrush stimulating "I MUST BUY WOW TOKENS TO FUND THIS HABIT". And this is loooong past freemium microtransactions on mobile. 2 million gold !? Thats $80 worth of WoW Tokens. Anybody, even collectors would see $80 on Blizzard Store and say hell no. How often do you see people use that stupid fire deathcharger mount that is like $40. Never.

But ... this is different.. It's in game. Staring at people's faces. Just like TCG items. It's in game not on a store, I must check it off the OCD collector's box.

1 million gold for junk toys that have 3 second novelty proc? $40!

Don't be blind people. It's Carrot-On-A-Stick back again to lure people to buy WoW tokens.
    You believe in magic unicorns too don't you? Absolutely delusional.

Ya because spending 20$ to get 18k-25k from a token (which go down when more people buy them, which is going to happen soon as Legion hits.) is the most efficient way to get 2 million gold.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2016-05-11 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya because spending 20$ to get 18k-25k from a token is the most efficient way to get 2 million gold.
    Jesus, they're that low in the US? On EU they're at 85k+ I believe

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Jesus, they're that low in the US? On EU they're at 85k+ I believe
    Oh Blizzard made the base amounts different based on each region because their economies were very much different. However I edited my post to explain how the supply/demand works.

Unless the gold is easy to make, those aren't "gold sinks".

I'll have 3-4mil when Legion hits. I am NOT paying 2mil for a mount. I am NOT paying 1mil for a archy mythic mount now. 1/300 or 1/400 mounts just isn't worth that much money. I would rather buy tokens.

The guys sitting on 20-50 million that buy it, 2mil is nothing to them. They will most likely be making 2mil+ a week the first few months or Legion. Hell probably 2mil a day. So that mount does nothing to get their gold out of the economy.

1mil for a pet is also absolutely crazy. There has never been a pet even remotely that expensive.

I think they will have to adjust the prices, especially when Legion hits and those who don't hit the forums regularly see that and really start to pour out the tears.

I'm not sure how you can say this never becomes an issue, it's already an issue and is evidenced by the fact that some people were able to participate in the economy (i.e. make millions of gold from thousands) and some were not (i.e. sitting on 23,418g right now, unable to even really get started).
    In what world is 23k not enough to get started? You have enough disposable to flip any trade based material. You can afford to operate in all but the niche expensive markets (which aren't good to start in anyway, regardless of your starting capital)

The people who currently have low purchasing power, owing to their lack of participation in the economy during WoD, in some cases literally cannot afford to buy even a single Stage 1-3 Crafted Item. That's not "an issue" of inflation?
    you know what you can afford to do? craft them yourself.

Gold sink for the fuck up Blizz did with all mats and gold being free with Garrisons of WoD...

Screws over people that didn't abuse the system making 10-20+ characters on a [connected] realm though, whom made 100-200+k a week from a few seconds of login time between chars.

Personally I have 13m gold mostly playing with the AH, I only have 4 level 100s that did help somewhat to contribute to that amount. I sure as hell wouldn't be paying 2m gold for an unlimited stock mount when currently the spectral tiger mount is going for that amount which is limited...

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you know what you can afford to do? craft them yourself.
    Certainly. You could also join a raiding guild or do mythic dungeons to get loot. But that isn't participating in the economy, which is the whole point.

@BeerWolf: You have more money than I do, but we agree-- neither of us will pay 2 million gold for a BoP mount. But if it was tradeable, and the vendor went away after a month... hoo boy. I'd spend every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Certainly. But that isn't participating in the economy, which is the whole point.
    well on my realm stage 1-3 items are like 1.3k sometimes less, so 23k is enough to purchase those items.

23k also means you're not playing the game, you know who also can't afford to buy items in wow, my friends who don't play wow

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/...e%20spellstaff

Stages 1 and 2 are quite cheap, true, but you can get better un-upgraded items from follower missions in the Garrison (ilvl 645). It gets quite a lot more expensive after that-- Stages 4 and 5 are more like 12k at ilvls 660/675, and you can get equivalent loot from killing solo mobs in Tanaan Jungle. Stage 5 is the first one that's actually useful after more than a week at maximum level, and it costs 26k gold.

Of course your server will vary. But even 10k is a lot of money for a single item as a new boosted level 100.