Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wardrobe exploit....

If you down a boss couldn't everyone just pass around the item to unlock the model in their wardrobe? I mean like guildies you trust, not randoms.

Haven't played in awhile but if if remember correctly you have two hours to trade bop raid items with members that helped you down the boss it dropped from.

In the wardrobe's current iteration, sure. If you want blizzard to fix it, bring it to their attention. I imagine a fix would be something like "soulbound equipment that previously was not in your wardrobe and still has a timer to allow it to be traded to other eligible people will not permanently be added to your wardrobe unless the timer expires while said equipment is in your posession". Kind of wordy, but means soulbound tradeable gear will be removed from your wardrobe if you trade it to someone while it still has a timer. It'll only be permanently added if the timer expires and the gear is still on you.

Or blizz could be like "eh, enjoy the free transmog"

The Wardrobe can easily be adjusted to only adding Soulbound items into the collection, and therefore prevent players from passing around loot.

As long as the item is within the 2 hour return/trade period, it will be deleted from your collection if you return or trade it.

Been that way from the start.
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

All hail the DE master who gets all the appearances.

Deleted
    I don't understand why this is an issue, you are sharing transmog but who the fuck cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    haha yea

Would match the D3 system if it worked this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    You can only get appearances based on what you can equipt, also only your armor type. So if a Paladin looted tons of cloth and leather he wouldn't get any of it in his transmog list. Same with weapons too, although thankfully most classes can use a lot of different weapons

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Would match the D3 system if it worked this way.
    Which would be a cool thing imho.

When you try transmoging something it becomes soulbound and prevents trading of the item... this has been around for God knows how long... so I'd imagine the wardrobe won't be acknowledging the item until it is so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Which would be a cool thing imho.
    yea agreed, nice to not have to get duplicates of everything just for xmogs

I was under the impression that if the item was traded to another player that you would lose that appearance if it was the sole source of it in your collection.
    So it doesn't function like that ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean you have to hold on to items for 2 hours after you recieve them to unlock the appearance?

So you loot an item, then DE / vendor whatever, within the 2 hour time period, you still keep the appearance? Its just if you trade it you lose it?

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    If you down a boss couldn't everyone just pass around the item to unlock the model in their wardrobe? I mean like guildies you trust, not randoms.

Haven't played in awhile but if if remember correctly you have two hours to trade bop raid items with members that helped you down the boss it dropped from.
    No, you can't.
    The item is added to your wardrobe when it fully binds to your character.
    ~Metzen whispered in my ear "it's all ogar now"...

Quote Originally Posted by Osinin View Post
    Does that mean you have to hold on to items for 2 hours after you recieve them to unlock the appearance?

So you loot an item, then DE / vendor whatever, within the 2 hour time period, you still keep the appearance? Its just if you trade it you lose it?
    The item has to be fully bound to you before you get to keep the appearance.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if the scenario given by the OP was the case, I'm failing to see the problem.

Works that way in D3. My wife and I have gotten a new model to drop while in group play, and one or the other would drop it on the ground so the other can grab it for the xmog unlock, then pass it back.

Big flappy deal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even if this "exploit" worked, i would not really care. There is little fun being taken away from people, when you do this thing. If you are willing to trade with other people to get transmorg, then you are proberly also okay with seeing other peopl with the same gear/outfit.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I don't want to start a new thread since its similar.

Ok, we talked about BOP items in raid, but what about BOE items?

Will I need to equip (thus soulbounding it) it to receive its appearance or is there some other way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    I don't want to start a new thread since its similar.

Ok, we talked about BOP items in raid, but what about BOE items?

Will I need to equip (thus soulbounding it) it to receive its appearance or is there some other way?
    BoE items don't give appearances until they become soulbound, at least in the last current build of the Alpha.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead