Searching for the hidden death knight artifact skins

The 6th skin for every weapon is tied to some item you can get, and ofc its "hidden" (probably like that murloc in Borean Tundra). Now obviously they may not be implemented but wanted to get your thoughts on where the death knight ones could be? Going by flavor text

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13954...-the-darkening Frost DK.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13954...nereapers-hook Unholy DK.

http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13954...anima-of-souls Blood DK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, just a guess for them.

Blood - Construct Quarter of Naxx.
    Unholy - one of the Quarters in ICC, or one of the three IC Dungeons.
    Frost - Not a clue. I have no idea what the "ancient language that no living soul remembers" is lore wise.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Blood refers to Anima and failed experiments. I'm betting it will be tied to Throne of Thunder.
    Unholy is obviusly in ICC, probably Marrowgar.
    Frost is probably Naxxramas?

I wonder if the Frost DK one is related to the iron dwarves in Northrend? Since I know some of the quests involved reading runes

Or Vrykul in Stormheim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The skin for the Frost one kinda reminds me of Corrupted Ashbringer, so maybe that ones hiding in Naxx too

Oh wow danm they moved around where some of the artifact skins were on the list. Bone Reaper used to be the one unlocked from PvP. I mean if it's just a drop in the world or such I would rather it be like that as it would be easier to get, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I wonder if the Frost DK one is related to the iron dwarves in Northrend? Since I know some of the quests involved reading runes

Or Vrykul in Stormheim.
    Ulduar possibly. there were lots of runic beings. even the 1 guy on iron council used runes, death runes. maybe we killed the only being that remembered the language

If it's anything like the others, there are two that we know of for druid and priest respectively that combine an item you buy from a reputation with some other item from a still-unknown source that turns into the item to unlock the artifact appearance. I don't think we get the item outright...then again, Marksmanship does seem to from reps, but those are the only three we know of for sure.

There's also the Arms warrior one where it's unlocked via a quest (http://legion.wowhead.com/quest=4364...ts-of-the-axes), so my assumption is it will be some kind of Legion content that we have to do to get the item. Either a personal quest, reputation rewards, or some kind of grind drop, but I doubt it would come from older content. That seems rather counter-intuitive.

The question I have is where the fifth artifact appearance comes from. We currently know the initial, the "empowered" version from artifact completionism (and archaeology...another form of artifact completionism which I found amusing), the third skin being PvE achievements, the fourth from PvP, and the sixth as the "hidden" from some task and potentially a lot of kills from those strings found referring to the skin, but there's been no comment on the one listed as the fifth skin. Potentially PvE stuff further down the line?
    Last edited by Ariyana; 2016-05-12 at 02:35 AM.

Deleted
    They should make hidden skin obtainable from some kind of tough epic quest like warlock's green fire quest (possibly harder than green fire) . Make it gated behind individual skill. If its just hidden in some place then one person will find it and post it on a fan site and we will all just flock to that location.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ariyana View Post
    If it's anything like the others, there are two that we know of for druid and priest respectively that combine an item you buy from a reputation with some other item from a still-unknown source that turns into the item to unlock the artifact appearance. I don't think we get the item outright...then again, Marksmanship does seem to from reps, but those are the only three we know of for sure.

There's also the Arms warrior one where it's unlocked via a quest (http://legion.wowhead.com/quest=4364...ts-of-the-axes), so my assumption is it will be some kind of Legion content that we have to do to get the item. Either a personal quest, reputation rewards, or some kind of grind drop, but I doubt it would come from older content. That seems rather counter-intuitive.

The question I have is where the fifth artifact appearance comes from. We currently know the initial, the "empowered" version from artifact completionism (and archaeology...another form of artifact completionism which I found amusing), the third skin being PvE achievements, the fourth from PvP, and the sixth as the "hidden" from some task and potentially a lot of kills from those strings found referring to the skin, but there's been no comment on the one listed as the fifth skin. Potentially PvE stuff further down the line?
    5th skin probably from new mythic dungeons. They stated a very long time ago that artifact appearance will be obtained from mythic dungeons. probably gated behind high keystone run compilation.

I agree Blood sounds tied to the Isle of Thunder. Unholy obvi is ICC related. Frost sounds Old God related, (ancient language), so probably Ulduar (Yogg) or Ahn'Qiraj(Cthun)?

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    They should make hidden skin obtainable from some kind of tough epic quest like warlock's green fire quest (possibly harder than green fire) . Make it gated behind individual skill. If its just hidden in some place then one person will find it and post it on a fan site and we will all just flock to that location.

- - - Updated - - -

5th skin probably from new mythic dungeons. They stated a very long time ago that artifact appearance will be obtained from mythic dungeons. probably gated behind high keystone run compilation.
    If you look at artifact appearance calcs you can see that the third or fourth skin? One of those two, has its third coloration tied to a level 15 keystone. After that is killing Guldan

15+ Year Old Account
    The blood one is a drop from the Suramar WQ "Withered Army Training" if I'm correct

Deleted
    I know we are death Knights, but this is one unnecessary act of necromancy. Also, there is a 200+ page post og this stuff already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolto View Post
    I know we are death Knights, but this is one unnecessary act of necromancy. Also, there is a 200+ page post og this stuff already.
    and this post is like 5 month old :P

Quote Originally Posted by exeetor View Post
    and this post is like 5 month old :P
    *fwoosh*
    Hence the necromancy part of the comment