Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    We did have a case where he reported one of his properties as being worth 1.4M to the IRS, despite paying 8M for it and putting 45M worth of restoration into it.
    To be fair, that's probably a realistic assumption based on his past history of business decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Ultimately he doesn't have to, it's his own financial information. But by not doing so, expect the natural backlash in calling him a hypocrite with something to hide.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    Agreed, I have no idea why this has become part of the process of running for president. It adds nothing to the race besides additional, unneeded drama.
    The precedent was set by George Romney, because of scrutiny over his finances. As a result, just about every candidate has released those records to avoid scrutiny. Even in current elections, Rubio, Cruz, Clinton and Sanders revealed theirs. Trump, despite demanding others reveal their records, refuses to reveal his. Yet, he is the only candidate who's only merit for candidacy is his wealth. As in, of all of them, his credibility lies directly with those returns.

So, yes, if you are going to vote for Trump, despite lack of policy, you wouldn't care about his tax records. That's how blind worship works...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Don't count on it, unfortunately. Rope a dope got him this far, no reason to think he's going to stop.
    He won't stop. Doesn't mean he wont get damaged by this . His fervent followers will ignore it but that is not who needs to convince to vote for him now.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why are you voting for him?
    Honest answer? Because hes not Hillary Clinton. I am also a blue collar factory worker and trump speaks to my interests, even if hes full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    So if it came back he is not even a billionaire despite his claims you would still vote for him? If it came back he hasn't really given anything to charity despite claiming so would you vote for him? If it came back he owed Chase, Goldman Sachs,.. hundreds of millions of dollars would you still vote for him?
    Still a lesser evil than Hillary. I dont care if pols give to charity, I dont; just becuase they have money doesnt mean they have to. If he owed banks, good for him. I wouldnt pay those corrupt pieces of shit either.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    Honest answer? Because hes not Hillary Clinton. I am also a blue collar factory worker and trump speaks to my interests, even if hes full of shit.

Still a lesser evil than Hillary. I dont care if pols give to charity, I dont just becuase they have money doesnt mean they have to. If he owed banks, good for him. I wouldnt pay those corrupt pieces of shit either.
    Heh. If he owes money to banks they own him.

And I am interested to hear how he speaks to your interests. Can you explain?

He won't stop. Doesn't mean he wont get damaged by this . His fervent followers will ignore it but that is not who needs to convince to vote for him now.
    Once the nominee is found it's all about the damage control, so it'll be interesting to see what he does regarding the damage they'll do, and they'll do lots of it due to how badly the media wants to elect that dried out cunt.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

...? I guess that means everybody is owned by the banks then......

I swear General Off-topic is going further and further down the rabbit hole.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that is called blind following. You do not care what he is saying, you will vote for him regardless.

Still a lesser evil than Hillary. I dont care if pols give to charity, I dont; just becuase they have money doesnt mean they have to. If he owed banks, good for him. I wouldnt pay those corrupt pieces of shit either.
    You do realize that him not paying those loans, the banks don't lose money. The person who pays for it, is you as a tax payer. But, yeah, worse than Hillery...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, that is called blind following. You do not care what he is saying, you will vote for him regardless.

You do realize that him not paying those loans, the banks don't lose money. The person who pays for it, is you as a tax payer. But, yeah, worse than Hillery...
    Generally, most banks have loan protection with an insurer which they pay premiums for so it is usually the insurer that pays up and the insurer may chase after Donald for the money that they are out of pocket with.

I mean you guys come on here and act like financial experts but you don't even understand financial products other than loans, deposits, shares and basic derivatives.

He wants to keep me employed, Queen Hillary wants to ship my company overseas. Only reason. I truly wish we had a real option, but we dont.

Also the banks own everyone who has a car loan or mortgage, the only difference is the number of zeros.
    Last edited by twelvethirty; 2016-05-12 at 01:02 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    To be fair, that's probably a realistic assumption based on his past history of business decisions.
    True enough, he is a pretty big failure.

- - - Updated - - -

He wants to keep me employed, Queen Hillary wants to ship my company overseas. Only reason. I truly wish we had a real option, but we dont.
    It already happened with Trump.

Oops?

It's funny because all Trump line of goods are made in China, Taiwan, Mexico, or some country other than the US.

If Trump has so much money, he should easily be able to pay some extra to have his stuff made in America and make American jobs. He doesn't have the power to do that as president, but he does as the owner of several companies. His own companies. But he won't, because he's just the same as all the other oligarchs.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Once the nominee is found it's all about the damage control, so it'll be interesting to see what he does regarding the damage they'll do, and they'll do lots of it due to how badly the media wants to elect that dried out cunt.
    They do? I think most of the media are stenographers myself. But if you makes you feel better railing against "cunts" who am I to stop ya?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    ...? I guess that means everybody is owned by the banks then......

I swear General Off-topic is going further and further down the rabbit hole.
    Nope. And I note you didn't answer my other question. How does he speak to your interests?

True enough, he is a pretty big failure.

- - - Updated - - -

It already happened with Trump.

Oops?
    No kidding, its the only way you can compete. Im aware his crap is made in mexico and china

I think tax returns are relevant information for any public candidate. Trump especially so as his "business expertise" is basically the only plank of his platform bordering on cogency.

They do? I think most of the media are stenographers myself. But if you makes you feel better railing against "cunts" who am I to stop ya?

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. And I note you didn't answer my other question. How does he speak to your interests?
    I'm not American so I don't particularly care at all. He is looking to solve some problems over the middle east and in the international arena in general (looking to make peace with Putin).

But you basically implied that he is owned by the banks because he is owed them money. So using your logic, that means that most people owned by the banks.

In reality, it can be the opposite when you're lent a whole deal of money as the banks will definitely work with you to re-negotiate it if you can't pay up and not the other way around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Generally, most banks have loan protection with an insurer which they pay premiums for so it is usually the insurer that pays up and the insurer may chase after Donald for the money that they are out of pocket with.

I mean you guys come on here and act like financial experts but you don't even understand financial products other than loans, deposits, shares and basic derivatives.
    Actually loan protection is for creditors not lenders. But I am glad to say I am wrong if you can provide cites that show banks with this loan protection as you claimed it to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    No kidding, its the only way you can compete. Im aware his crap is made in mexico and china
    He boasts enormous profits, so it's not like he's in trouble as far as competing (unless he's lying about his companies' successes). He could easily make a lot of American jobs... if he's not lying to us about his success.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not American so I don't particularly care at all. He is looking to solve some problems over the middle east and in the international arena in general (looking to make peace with Putin).

But you basically implied that he is owned by the banks because he is owed them money. So using your logic, that means that most people owned by the banks.

In reality, it can be the opposite when you're lent a whole deal of money as the banks will definitely work with you to re-negotiate it if you can't pay up and not the other way around.
    Lol Trump's looking to solve issue in the ME. Care to explain how you think he is doing that?

Yes I did imply that. Does it mean everyone is? In a sense yes. Especially if they don't pay the debt. And if they owe millions and millions as Trump does most certainly. They can use that debt to influence his actions.

He boasts enormous profits, so it's not like he's in trouble as far as competing (unless he's lying about his companies' successes). He could easily make a lot of American jobs... if he's not lying to us about his success.
    Companies are beholden to their shareholders. Bottom line is the only thing that matters, you make more profit overseas because labor is cheap and regulations are weak or nonexistent. Its simple math. I can pay Jong Lee 34 cents an hour or Jane Doe $9.50 an hour to make the same shirt, what option would you choose? I really cant blame the man for playing by the same rules that every other company in our country plays by. Tax returns arent required to be disclosed, they are a nicety and we all know by now Trump isnt playing nice.