Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipskunk View Post
    yeah, live what we preach, just don't pay attention when we hightail it outta here and leave you to fight, k? all they do is talk and run. Azeroth has been fortunate enough to have people who can and have DONE things against the legion.
    Might have something to do with the fact Azeroth is the world they foresaw the defeat of the Legion on.

Exarch Menelous

"Gaze upon the Exodar, young <race>. It is hard to imagine that we survived such a catastrophe.

<Menelaous sighs.>

The Prophet states that it is here that our fate will finally be known. Ten lifetimes spent fleeing from the madness of the Burning Legion... here we finally make a stand.

No more running... I am ready to die."

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Exarch_Menelaous
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Might have something to do with the fact Azeroth is the world they foresaw the defeat of the Legion on.

Exarch Menelous

"Gaze upon the Exodar, young <race>. It is hard to imagine that we survived such a catastrophe.

<Menelaous sighs.>

The Prophet states that it is here that our fate will finally be known. Ten lifetimes spent fleeing from the madness of the Burning Legion... here we finally make a stand.

No more running... I am ready to die."

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Exarch_Menelaous
    would be neat to see draenei that want to stay and help and directly disobey velen when he wants to leave. velen will have more opportunities to talk to his son. he is a demon afterall unless KJ destroys him for failing.

velen runs. i spose its wrong for me to assume that the people who have blindly followed him for 25000 years would do the same.

It's almost like Draenei as a race are focused towards the greater good. Which is not the pointless outdated faction conflict, who knew.
    And boy, is it pointless and outdated.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you really want it to move around emitting radiation that mutates? the draenei start zone shows what happens to animals where fragments of the ship crash land. even had to nullify the effects as the new spacegoat
    It's not that i want it, but if it's going to happen anyway then i'd like to see the affect of it in game. But that's why we probably won't, because they'd have to update the entire Draenei starting zone and that's not gonna happen any time soon.

Maxilian is right, they'll probably show all this through an instanced dungeon or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    So basically the rehashed protoss campaign from Legacy of the Void.
    The first mission or two anyways, which is hardly a rehash of the campaign. Unless the draenei travel around the universe uniting their people and recruiting allies against the Legion.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2016-05-12 at 12:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    would be neat to see draenei that want to stay and help and directly disobey velen when he wants to leave. velen will have more opportunities to talk to his son. he is a demon afterall unless KJ destroys him for failing.

velen runs. i spose its wrong for me to assume that the people who have blindly followed him for 25000 years would do the same.
    I don't think you understand the implications of the Attack on Exodar.

He's not "running away", he's going back to Argus.

Where no doubt his story some how will cross with Illidan's and the Army of the Light will finally take form.
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    The first mission or two anyways, which is hardly a rehash of the campaign. Unless the draenei travel around the universe uniting their people and recruiting allies against the Legion.
    Well... that means that they just need to find Turalion, he already have an army and there are many draneais in that army, so 2 birds with 1 stone!

I don't think you understand the implications of the Attack on Exodar.

He's not "running away", he's going back to Argus.

Where no doubt his story some how will cross with Illidan's and the Army of the Light will finally take form.
    yeah i forgot that part since i only glanced at the pictures provided that showed velen saying that. would still take ages for him to get there unless the ship itself teleports. Illidan was one of the few with a direct link to argus.

bout time velen gets motivated. sucks it took the death of his son to spur him on, but this definitely has the tones of a suicide mission. if he is gonna do it now, and wipe out the uncorrupted portion of his race, why didn't he just do it before when he thought his son was dead?
    Last edited by Chipskunk; 2016-05-12 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i forgot that part since i only glanced at the pictures provided that showed velen saying that. would still take ages for him to get there unless the ship itself teleports. Illidan was one of the few with a direct link to argus.
    Hit #3: World of Spacecrafts

Another concern I’ve been hearing about is the inclusion of certain sci-fi elements into the setting. I appreciate that this stuff is pretty far out, but that’s the whole point: Outland – and the greater universe out there in the void – ARE far out. Change is always difficult – I remember people getting really upset about dwarves with guns, steam-tech, Gnomeregan as a hi-tech city – many people had a hard time rolling with those technologies in a fantasy setting. But I ask you all – can you imagine WoW without those elements now?

We’re definitely throwing some new concepts at you all, but I’m very confident that when you’re able to see these elements in context, over the course of the gameplay – you’ll understand why we’ve been so excited to include them.

To be clear, we’re not talking about having the Millennium Falcon cruising around the Twisting Nether (I’m certain there would be some legal issues there, to say the least). The draenei ‘nether-ship’ you’ve been hearing about is far more than it seems. It’s part of a larger dimension-traveling fortress called Tempest Keep that essentially teleports through alternate realities. It doesn’t bank and roll or shoot proton torpedoes (not yet, anyway).

While we will be introducing a number of naaru technologies (like this ship, for instance), we’re not planning on going hog-wild. Conceptual balance is everything. For those of you who are fearful of seeing jet-packs and laser pistols filling up the AH, never fear. If you did see them, they’d likely be goblin engineered and get your character killed anyway.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Metzen_on_lore

Just to answer that concern.
    I AM the victim.

KJ just earned my respect. You seriously gonna give a credit where its due, and by god, his commitment to that troll is more than awesome. I wonder if that legion machine had camera that would record velens reaction.

One way or another amazing prank from legion.
    Exactly what I was thinking when I watched it. Like, holy crap, 13,000 years in the making? That tops Cartman from that one south park episode.

Hit #3: World of Spacecrafts

Another concern I’ve been hearing about is the inclusion of certain sci-fi elements into the setting. I appreciate that this stuff is pretty far out, but that’s the whole point: Outland – and the greater universe out there in the void – ARE far out. Change is always difficult – I remember people getting really upset about dwarves with guns, steam-tech, Gnomeregan as a hi-tech city – many people had a hard time rolling with those technologies in a fantasy setting. But I ask you all – can you imagine WoW without those elements now?

We’re definitely throwing some new concepts at you all, but I’m very confident that when you’re able to see these elements in context, over the course of the gameplay – you’ll understand why we’ve been so excited to include them.

To be clear, we’re not talking about having the Millennium Falcon cruising around the Twisting Nether (I’m certain there would be some legal issues there, to say the least). The draenei ‘nether-ship’ you’ve been hearing about is far more than it seems. It’s part of a larger dimension-traveling fortress called Tempest Keep that essentially teleports through alternate realities. It doesn’t bank and roll or shoot proton torpedoes (not yet, anyway).

While we will be introducing a number of naaru technologies (like this ship, for instance), we’re not planning on going hog-wild. Conceptual balance is everything. For those of you who are fearful of seeing jet-packs and laser pistols filling up the AH, never fear. If you did see them, they’d likely be goblin engineered and get your character killed anyway.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Metzen_on_lore

Just to answer that concern.
    thanks for the info
    but that also brings up a weird point. is argus in our reality the same as the ones in other realities? it reality hops. is there 1 argus like there is 1 legion through all realities?
    what about the suramar elves' divining into the cosmos and finding out that all other realities/universes lost to the legion?
    curiouser and curiouser
    Last edited by Chipskunk; 2016-05-12 at 01:59 AM.

One thing I can get from this is that the Velen is a coward. Argus gets invaded they leave. Draenor gets invaded they leave. Azeroth gets invaded they leave. Damn Velen man up and help the Alliance.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the leader with the most potential who was saddled with a retardted level of passivism has finally had enough?

Finally? Truly?

Don't disappoint me Blizzard. I want to see this drive Velen to launch a suiciade attack on Augus. I want the Dreanai to go down in a blaze of glory (think the last scene in Cowboy Bebop, but larger in scale and scope)

Oh, and I want @breadisfunny to be the first to die in the onslaught, under @Celestia''s hoof.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Don't disappoint me Blizzard. I want to see this drive Velen to launch a suiciade attack on Augus. I want the Dreanai to go down in a blaze of glory (think the last scene in Cowboy Bebop, but larger in scale and scope)
    That actually sounds kinda cool. But...

Blizz'll probably mess it up or something.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceratrozer View Post
    That actually sounds kinda cool. But...

Blizz'll probably mess it up or something.
    It makes perfect sense.

How much shit has the Dreanai take over the years? My main is a tauren and even I've noticed the Drenai just taking the abuse and asking for more.

. It's time they finally snapped. Anyone/everyone can relate to that and it'd be epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the leader with the most potential who was saddled with a retardted level of passivism has finally had enough?

Finally? Truly?

Oh, and I want @breadisfunny to be the first to die in the onslaught, under @Celestia''s hoof.
    NEVER! it would be the other way around with @Celista and a certain other unnamed draenei (adelphie) getting crushed under the boots of the sin'dorei empire! finally we will drive out the foul beasts from this planet and exterminate them once and for all! with yours truly planting the sin'dorei flag over the corpses of all the dead and slain draenei! especially that uppity velen and yrel!

- - - Updated - - -

It makes perfect sense.

How much shit has the Dreanai take over the years? My main is a tauren and even I've noticed the Drenai just taking the abuse and asking for more.

. It's time they finally snapped. Anyone/everyone can relate to that and it'd be epic.
    those draenei are asking for it.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-05-12 at 03:53 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I agree with Bigzo, time for the Blood Elves to die.
    Something about the Third War, Arthas laying waste to Quel'Thalas, wiping out most of its population and reducing large tracts of the mighty kingdom to ash in his quest to reach the Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Something about the Third War, Arthas laying waste to Quel'Thalas, wiping out most of its population and reducing large tracts of the mighty kingdom to ash in his quest to reach the Sunwell.
    Yes well, kick 'em while they're down, that's what I always say.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes well, kick 'em while they're down, that's what I always say.
    To be fair with what? After that Questline the draenei on Azeroth are pretty much decimated and are on a campaign to certain extinction, their chances of taking on anyone in that state are slim to none.