Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    He wants to keep me employed, Queen Hillary wants to ship my company overseas. Only reason. I truly wish we had a real option, but we dont.

Also the banks own everyone who has a car loan or mortgage, the only difference is the number of zeros.
    His actual policy about China suggests he is speaking out of both sides of his mouth on that issue.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

15+ Year Old Account
    Companies are beholden to their shareholders. Bottom line is the only thing that matters, you make more profit overseas because labor is cheap and regulations are weak or nonexistent. Its simple math. I can pay Jong Lee 34 cents an hour or Jane Doe $9.50 an hour to make the same shirt, what option would you choose? I really cant blame the man for playing by the same rules that every other company in our country plays by. Tax returns arent required to be disclosed, they are a nicety and we all know by now Trump isnt playing nice.
    And yet Trump is preaching against this kind of practice, and vowing to bring jobs back from overseas... that was his promise to the blue collars that got them so interested in him. If he can't (won't) do it in his own business where he has the power to do it, what is he going to do in the presidency where he has very little power to change it?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The precedent was set by George Romney, because of scrutiny over his finances. As a result, just about every candidate has released those records to avoid scrutiny. Even in current elections, Rubio, Cruz, Clinton and Sanders revealed theirs. Trump, despite demanding others reveal their records, refuses to reveal his. Yet, he is the only candidate who's only merit for candidacy is his wealth. As in, of all of them, his credibility lies directly with those returns.

So, yes, if you are going to vote for Trump, despite lack of policy, you wouldn't care about his tax records. That's how blind worship works...
    No, I don't care about any potential candidates tax filing status, which include: Trump, Sanders, and Clinton. Financial records should be displaced to the parties upon declaration of running if people are so worried about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Generally, most banks have loan protection with an insurer which they pay premiums for so it is usually the insurer that pays up and the insurer may chase after Donald for the money that they are out of pocket with.
    You mean the FDIC?:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fede...ce_Corporation

I mean you guys come on here and act like financial experts but you don't even understand financial products other than loans, deposits, shares and basic derivatives.
    Actually, the above means that you come here and think people act like financial experts. I never claimed to be... but, I also don't pretend that the tax payer has not or will not bail out Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    No, I don't care about any potential candidates tax filing status, which include: Trump, Sanders, and Clinton. Financial records should be displaced to the parties upon declaration of running if people are so worried about it.
    Yeah, you don't care what the guy who's only claim to candidacy is his wealth paid in taxes compared to you. You don't care that Trump demanded this from other candidates. Not giving a shit, is kind of the calling card of supporting any Trump endeavor.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    I do I guess. I am just hoping that one of them would surprise me.
    But Trump tells his voters not to care so that should be good enough for everyone. After he said he wouldn't in 2015, then said he couldn't a few days ago, but now he might be able to again in the next few years.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/11/politi...p-tax-returns/

Julie Pace, one of the AP reporters who interviewed him, on CNN's "At This Hour." "We said, 'Will you push your lawyers on this, will you tell them that voters deserve to know this information regardless of the audit?' He said, 'No.' He said, 'One, the voters don't actually care about this, and two, there is no new l information that would come out of the tax returns.'"
    Besides he simply can't while under audit, and everything past 2009 is so squeaky clean that its taken 7 years to audit. You and everyone else don't really and shouldn't care though. Romney though, he was a scoundrel so Trump had to see his taxes, but you can trust every word Trump says. Guaranteed, he's just that rich and pays taxes like everyone else.

Some news agencies speculate that due to all his property devaluation tax write-offs, he might not have not paid taxes in decades. We'll never know though because he won't release them, but we shouldn't care right?
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-05-12 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He wants to keep me employed, Queen Hillary wants to ship my company overseas. Only reason. I truly wish we had a real option, but we dont.
    Hillary:
    https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/labor/

Trump:
    ... He doesn't actually have any policy listed on labor... But, check others he does: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/

Don't take my word for it, take theirs. You can claim Hillary is lying, it's your prerogative. I don't care about her enouph to disagree. But, what if Trump is actually telling the truth? Mexico is our second largest exporter:

http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/usa/

See who the most likely exporter will be instead of US?

How about bolster troops off the coast of China to protect corporate interest?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...a-trade-reform

Strengthen our negotiating position by lowering our corporate tax rate to keep American companies and jobs here at home, attacking our debt and deficit so China cannot use financial blackmail against us, and bolstering the U.S. military presence in the East and South China Sea
    A tax code on the top so low, that loopholes will be "redundant"?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/tax-reform

Reducing or eliminating corporate loopholes that cater to special interests, as well as deductions made unnecessary or redundant by the new lower tax rate on corporations and business income. We will also phase in a reasonable cap on the deductibility of business interest expenses.
    A healthcare plan who's cost cutting measure of deducting insurance deductible from taxes, escalates upwards in earnings?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...lthcare-reform

Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.
    A threat to Mexico, that is the same as the outcome?

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/pay-for-the-wall

On day 2 Mexico will immediately protest. They receive approximately $24 billion a year in remittances from Mexican nationals working in the United States. The majority of that amount comes from illegal aliens. It serves as de facto welfare for poor families in Mexico. There is no significant social safety net provided by the state in Mexico.
    You don't have to listen to me tell you Trump is the worst candidate in history. I am asking you to listen to Trump...

Also the banks own everyone who has a car loan or mortgage, the only difference is the number of zeros.
    Yeah, I'm going to go to best buy and get a huge 4k TV. I'll give them 4.50$, then point to your post.
    Last edited by Felya; 2016-05-12 at 02:51 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Companies are beholden to their shareholders. Bottom line is the only thing that matters, you make more profit overseas because labor is cheap and regulations are weak or nonexistent. Its simple math. I can pay Jong Lee 34 cents an hour or Jane Doe $9.50 an hour to make the same shirt, what option would you choose? I really cant blame the man for playing by the same rules that every other company in our country plays by. Tax returns arent required to be disclosed, they are a nicety and we all know by now Trump isnt playing nice.
    So let us ask you again: why are you voting for Trump when you know he doesn't actually stand for your interests, and if anything, against them?

We asked you why previously, you said because he stands for your interests. How? By keeping your job. Okay, but Trump in actuality ships *your* jobs to China and everywhere else anyway, so that can't be it.

Do you have an actual reason other than blind devotion and loyalty?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

LOL because he's not worth anywhere near the amount he claims.

Although his supporters so far don't care that he lies, maybe he thinks this lie is too much LOL.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, you don't care what the guy who's only claim to candidacy is his wealth paid in taxes compared to you. You don't care that Trump demanded this from other candidates. Not giving a shit, is kind of the calling card of supporting any Trump endeavor.
    I don't support Trump, I still think showing tax records is a dumb and fruitless endeavor. Get some.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    But Trump tells his voters not to care so that should be good enough for everyone. After he said he wouldn't in 2015, then said he couldn't a few days ago, but now he might be able to again in the next few years.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/11/politi...p-tax-returns/

Besides he simply can't while under audit, and everything past 2009 is so squeaky clean that its taken 7 years to audit. You and everyone else don't really and shouldn't care though. Romney though, he was a scoundrel so Trump had to see his taxes, but you can trust every word Trump says. Guaranteed, he's just that rich and pays taxes like everyone else.

Some news agencies speculate that due to all his property devaluation tax write-offs, he might not have not paid taxes in decades. We'll never know though because he won't release them, but we shouldn't care right?
    His concern should be that he might have been able to control the fallout if he released them. Now many think he is hiding shit and they are going to start looking for it. And if he thinks this shit won't leak he is in for a surprise. And he won't be in control of that narrative. I am going to have to start a pool for votes as to what he is hiding. I predict he ain't really a billionaire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post

Although his supporters so far don't care that he lies, maybe he thinks this lie is too much LOL.
    He's also likely in debt for a substantial fraction of what he's really worth.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post

Yeah at this point the people who are still going to vote for him could watch him strangle a kitten to death on live TV and afterwards they'd be all over the internet praising his "bravery."

He definitely knows how to play conservative voters, that's for sure.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    I don't support Trump, I still think showing tax records is a dumb and fruitless endeavor. Get some.
    It's been part of the traditional vetting process for 40 years now. I understand Trump's campaign can't vet its own delegates because they simply couldn't complete basic lookup of the head of a while nationalist political party who was on there list to represent for California district 34 (William Johnson). He probably won't have any kind of real vetting process for immigrants, terrorism or otherwise once in office either, but his lack of capability does not mean he shouldn't release his taxes and let the voters/media have an opportunity to vet him, especially when he's cried/whined when previous candidates had released them in a manner on Trumps time table.

It's largely meaningless in this day and age for any political figure to release tax returns.

We always know three things:

1) They have enough income to at least be considered in the top 5% of the country.
    2) They take every tiny deduction they possibly can.
    3) Their effective tax rate is less than their tax bracket would indicate they should be paying.

No candidate is better than that. No candidate is worse that. Everything else is partisan propaganda and is largely meaningless in any policy discussion.
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So let us ask you again: why are you voting for Trump when you know he doesn't actually stand for your interests, and if anything, against them?

We asked you why previously, you said because he stands for your interests. How? By keeping your job. Okay, but Trump in actuality ships *your* jobs to China and everywhere else anyway, so that can't be it.

Do you have an actual reason other than blind devotion and loyalty?
    I already told you. I'm purely for trump because I refuse to vote for Hillary Clinton. No need to write an essay

7+ Year Old Account
    I already told you. I'm purely for trump because I refuse to vote for Hillary Clinton. No need to write an essay
    Because that wouldn't change the point that PosPosPos was right in his evaluation.

What about Clinton's platform makes you willing to vote Trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What about Clinton's platform makes you willing to vote Trump?
    What platform? Say what your crowd wants to hear at the moment in order to get votes?

What platform? Say what your crowd wants to hear at the moment in order to get votes?
    You say this yet you're voting Trump.....