Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Many Arms warriors would disagree.

The #1 goal was to ensure WoD Arms did not happen again...Legion Arms is shaping up to be as exciting as watching paint dry.
    You are a guy swinging an axe....not a ninja mage pirate space wizzard. Arms is about putting in your damage during colossus smash window and balancing your rage. Yea the rotation is not complex but there is not a lot of room for error if you want to min max. It is not a complex rotation but i don't want to say it is boring. A straight forward rotation that most people can be OK at with few skill-cap nuances shaping up to be a great spec. I wanted to play fury in Legion on warrior but to me arms seems more interesting vs Fury's BAMBAM. Fury is button mashing all the time and Arms is like percision strikes for powerful damage in small window.

Spec seems pretty good to me

The only specializations I think are "unfinished" are the Protection Paladin, Protection Warrior, and Brewmaster Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'm sure many would agree, and even more would disagree. A lot of classes are, as the OP says, in a seemingly unfinished state. I'd give you examples but your posts and your signature screams that you wouldn't listen to any of it.
    My signature makes it appear as if i cant appreciate feedback? Good one. Why so defensive and resorting to personal attacks to try and hold up your argument? Im very open to feedback and appreciate discussion and other peoples views - that doesnt mean i have to agree with them. Thats the entire point of discussion,arguments, and opinions.

It is impossible to test or expect balanced gameplay when damage tuning isnt complete. But, for the most part, classes mechanically are playing well.

Are you in alpha, and tried the classes, or just spouting the words u see repeated in forums?
    Remember forums are, in general, a vocal minority, and mmo-champ is just a small subset of community posts. There are Discords servers, Curse servers and other forums dedicated to specific classes and roles that have extremely varying opinions.

The game changes. Evolves. Having 9001 buttons does not make a spec interesting, it makes it unnecessarily complicated and difficult to play
    Last edited by wing5wong; 2016-05-11 at 09:59 PM.

Classes feel like 1/3 finished, especially sub rogue, its downright pathetic how they've ignored feedback.

Tuning won't fix shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Classes feel like 1/3 finished, especially sub rogue, its downright pathetic how they've ignored feedback.

Tuning won't fix shit.
    Ignoring feedback and not agreeing with feedback are two different things.
    Theres been many changes to rogues over the builds. The biggest remaining issue for sub seems to be a shadow dance bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post

Tuning won't fix shit.
    Agreed.

Sub suffers from the fact the spec is nothing like its live counterpart. Only way is to chain shadow dance charges back to back to back, but then you are energy starved and must rely on RNG to pick up another shadow dance charge or wait till the charge refreshes.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    You also need to realize their focus was very scattered with such a small team of like 50, I know it is not an excuse but that was an internal issue Blizzard had for the last few expansions, a team too small for proper development.
    Warlords had the bigger team than any expansion before it and had the least amount of content of any before it. I don't think that the size of the team has as much to do with what comes out as people think.

it's known that when most blizz games hit beta nothing really changes other than slight tuning on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    A 12+ year old platform, plus getting people used to their quality standards does take quite a bit of time. I don't think it was exaggerated as much as you would think.
    Thanks for the chuckle.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Thanks for the chuckle.
    yeah they release shit products all the time! it's why they are so unsuccessful

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    It is impossible to test or expect balanced gameplay when damage tuning isnt complete. But, for the most part, classes mechanically are playing well.

Are you in alpha, and tried the classes, or just spouting the words u see repeated in forums?

The game changes. Evolves. Having 9001 buttons does not make a spec interesting, it makes it unnecessarily complicated and difficult to play
    It is not impossible to test. I don't give a shit about DPS, I care about how it feels to play, exactly as was intended for the alpha testing phase up until recently.

Yes, I am in the alpha - for several months now. Are you?

When did I say it was because of lack of buttons? Many classes have had the interesting complexity they had stripped (Fire) or had the gameplay changed and effectively ALL complexity stripped (BM). While most feel alright or even good, some are definitely lacking. Beyond the obvious (MM lacking a lot of animations, Feral having a very spammy flesh-tearing sound effect (same goes for Guardian), to name a few), there are some in really dire need of attention, and they're not getting it.

Deleted
    I agree. I've tested all of the classes and half of them are missing most of the spells and animations. The release will be delayed to 2017 mark my words.

Examples:
    Rogues missing Shadowstep.
    Resto Druid missing Penance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    The only specializations I think are "unfinished" are the Protection Paladin, Protection Warrior, and Brewmaster Monk.
    Taking in general is going to be a catastrophe, but what else is new:

WoD: We're going to fix tank damage scaling, vengeance, and force those tanks to rely on healers again. Oh forcing tanks to rely on healers is less fun? guess we'll stack a tower of bandaid hotfixes on every tank until they play pretty much like a DPS nerfed version of their MoP selves.

Legion: We're going to force those tanks to rely on healers again!

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    I agree. I've tested all of the classes and half of them are missing most of the spells and animations. The release will be delayed to 2017 mark my words.

Examples:
    Rogues missing Shadowstep.
    Resto Druid missing Penance.
    Shadow step is bugged but Holinka confirmed there is an incoming fix for it.

Bizzare choice early on in the alpha was to remove shadow step from talents and leave it Assassination only. Only Outlaw is missing shadow step now (Sub has it again) and you have to choose the very inferior Grappling Hook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Taking in general is going to be a catastrophe, but what else is new:

WoD: We're going to fix tank damage scaling, vengeance, and force those tanks to rely on healers again. Oh forcing tanks to rely on healers is less fun? guess we'll stack a tower of bandaid hotfixes on every tank until they play pretty much like a DPS nerfed version of their MoP selves.

Legion: We're going to force those tanks to rely on healers again!
    With beta launching today all those enthusiastic about Legion will run into the dark truth of how pointless the game has become by pruning all the classes to death.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goeres View Post
    No trolling, but is there ANY class with depth left? (except shadow priest)
    Ret Paladin have some depth with Execution Sentence - Judgement interactions, and some decision making due to having a rotation being a hybrid of a combo system and colossus smash. However, they make up for this with having the worst T6 and T7 talents out of every single class.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I have my popcorn ready for all the QQ that is about to flood the "beta forums". Good times are good.

Deleted
    With beta launching today all those enthusiastic about Legion will run into the dark truth of how pointless the game has become by pruning all the classes to death.
    Lol stop being so dramatic. Please provide an example of a class that has been "pruned to death" (and not just your main class cos it has lost 1 ability that you liked, lol).

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Lol stop being so dramatic. Please provide an example of a class that has been "pruned to death" (and not just your main class cos it has lost 1 ability that you liked, lol).
    Warriors
    Rogue
    Paladins
    Warlocks
    Monks
    Priests
    Druids
    Hunters
    Shamans
    Death Knights

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    Ignoring feedback and not agreeing with feedback are two different things.
    Theres been many changes to rogues over the builds. The biggest remaining issue for sub seems to be a shadow dance bar.
    Rogue is one of the least changed classes. Go read build notes. Do not spread misinformation.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-12 at 02:01 PM.

Deleted
    Warriors
    Rogue
    Paladins
    Warlocks
    Monks
    Priests
    Druids
    Hunters
    Shamans
    Death Knights
    You've obviously not played alpha, or watched a single class video. None of those classes have been "pruned to death", they have removed / relocated like 4-5 abilities (most being passives anyway, yawn) but they also added to each class with new talents and artifact traits.

Also, using Shaman's as an example they've added so much meat, just compare WoD Elemental to Legion Elemental there's just no contest.