Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

I also wonder if the spark for Jessie meant anything, since it was Iris' spark that got him revved up.
    Him shocking Iris in S1 had nothing to do with her revving him up, was a plot device they used so she could figure out Barry was the Flash.

Jessie most likely has the Speed Force in her, can see once Zoom is dealt with she and her dad go back to E2 and shes the speedster over there.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.top...unJjPR_1_b.jpg

Think he was one of the random metas at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    He was definitely the one that was on the date and got his (moms) car smashed.
    He was both.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The first time with Cisco, the Speedforce said he couldn't go and keep his powers (hadn't learned lesson yet), the second time with Iris, they said he could go and keep his powers (had learned his lesson). He had learned what they wanted him to, and Iris called him back. Had Zombie Girder not put the team in danger, he still would have learned his lesson and maybe Iris would have done it, or maybe Cisco or whatnot, but the Speedforce would still have let him go the second time.

It is interesting though, I wonder if the Speedforce was something that Barry tapped into or if he's tied to it more than other speedsters.

I also wonder if the spark for Jessie meant anything, since it was Iris' spark that got him revved up.
    I think Jessie is going to become a speedster for next season and no doubt wally picked up a power when he got blasted also

or do you mean romantically? Barry got her engines started so to speak. Maybe but that episode made it feel like Wally might be getting a slice of Jessie pie in the future.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-05-12 at 07:34 AM.

I'm hoping that Jesse's powers emerge in some way related to the speed formula she uses in the comics, 3X2(9YZ)4A. We saw that formula floating in several places in the projection from Thawne's thumb drive when Barry returned from the past, so while it may just have been an Easter egg for sharp-eyed viewers (or anyone with rewind/pause), it could still show up in the show for reals. It might be the one piece of Thawne's notes that Barry can't figure out, but when Jesse looks at it, she is able to visualize the abstract math formula (since she's awesome smart) and doing so could trigger her connection to the Speed Force.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I think Jessie is going to become a speedster for next season and no doubt wally picked up a power when he got blasted also
    Yeah, I assume Jessie got speed powers, though I guess they didn't feel like showing it this episode. It just seems odd that the missing "element" was a spark between the two, to wake her up (completing her power or... something?). I still wonder if there will be a "limit" on Speedforce, so maybe Jessie's power is linked/ subordinate to Barrys.

or do you mean romantically? Barry got her engines started so to speak. Maybe but that episode made it feel like Wally might be getting a slice of Jessie pie in the future.
    It's hard to tell how much that was just contrived to put them in the path of the Speed, or foreshadowing a relationship. Either way it was amusing to lock the two of them up with nothing to do...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not too certain the whole Speed Force limit. I mean unless they mention it next tuesday or the finale, I wouldn't think it's relevant. That said I do think Jesse Quick is probably a better match with Barry but that's me
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm not too certain the whole Speed Force limit. I mean unless they mention it next tuesday or the finale, I wouldn't think it's relevant. That said I do think Jesse Quick is probably a better match with Barry but that's me
    If I was one to do such things, I'd be in the Patty/Barry camp, but Jessie is cute enough they need to keep her around. For the speedforce limits, I was always thinking they might reduce Zooms speed rather than boosting Barrys, but dunno.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I wonder if Jesse and Trajectory wear the same size clothes. It'd be nice if they had a ready-made costume for the new Jesse Quick if they needed one in a hurry.

Was watching an episode while Legion beta was crashed, and it was 1x15. There apears to be 2 types of time travel shown in this show but iirc they haven't explained why either one happens or what causes it.

Tsunami in S1 and Savage nuke in S2 Barry goes back in time sub consciously and replaces him self in that time line hence the ghosting

S1 his mom and S2 training with Well/Eobard he goes back and encounters him self, more so the one in S2.

It's plot of course, but they never explained why both versions happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Was watching an episode while Legion beta was crashed, and it was 1x15. There apears to be 2 types of time travel shown in this show but iirc they haven't explained why either one happens or what causes it.
    The two "replace himself" time travels were both jumps back of around a day or so, so perhaps the two Barry's are similar enough on a quantum level that they'd merge?

Or perhaps it's a matter of intent. In S1 Tsunami and S2 Savage, Barry was traveling back in time with no intention of using time travel to return to the future, whereas in S1 finale and S2 training he intended to travel back in time, do something, then time-travel back to the present. Since the Speed Force has been shown to be sentient, and Barry's destination while time traveling is based on his thoughts, then it could well be that the Speed Force is the entity making the decisions based on the reasons Barry is time traveling.

As to why they never explained why both versions happen... of the two 'experts' on practical time travel that have been around lately, Eobard was unmotivated to educate Barry (or the audience), and Rip Hunter doesn't share any information he doesn't have to. So other than Barry and Team Flash making guesses, they've had nobody to explain it in-character.

Well, no big surprises tonight. Pretty much saw this coming. Glad that Vibe's starting to vibe for real, though, and that Wally is finally in on the secret.

Not liking what I saw in next week's promo. A race? Zoom doing the "Run, Barry, Run"? Yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    Well, no big surprises tonight. Pretty much saw this coming. Glad that Vibe's starting to vibe for real, though, and that Wally is finally in on the secret.

Not liking what I saw in next week's promo. A race? Zoom doing the "Run, Barry, Run"? Yuck

Yeah and its so obvious that them racing on that circle is whats going to open that big hole that Vibe saw.

The question is will we find out who is in the iron mask next week or not, maybe that will be the cliff hanger....the masks starts to come off then fade to black.

Yeah and its so obvious that them racing on that circle is whats going to open that big hole that Vibe saw.

The question is will we find out who is in the iron mask next week or not, maybe that will be the cliff hanger....the masks starts to come off then fade to black.
    I can't see Barry agreeing to a race just for funsies, so I'm thinking it's more likely that Zoom is set to destroy Earth-2, and possibly Earth-1 at the same time, and has rigged it so that this 'race' is the only way to stop him. Since Zoom is a) obsessed with proving Barry is like him, and b) obsessed with being the fastest, he's rigged up this scenario so that Barry will have no choice but to participate. It'll probably end with some kind of merger between Earth-1 and Earth-2 Central City, but otherwise Earth-2 will be destroyed, which will let us keep Harry and Jesse and a bunch of new metahumans on the show. Which would explain why Black Siren was instructed to destroy specific buildings - making way for their Earth-2 counterparts. Like maybe Earth-2 Central City becomes the new Keystone City (hey Feredir! TWIN CITIES!)

And I believe it's been hinted that we will find out who the man is in the iron mask, but the explanations for that will be left for next season. I.e. the mask comes off, you hear a voice saying "I'm the real Jay Garrick," but the face revealed is the same as Henry Allen. Puzzled amazed faces all around. *then* fade to black.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-05-18 at 05:02 AM.

Wouldn't be surprised if he was just Jay Garrick, either some good version of him (future/past, split person or something) or the true jay Garrick that got captured at the very start.

Judging by his prison the guy is in he probably does have some of the speedforce, otherwise he would be in a iron prison bar instead of that weird plastic one.

Only downside is that their is one episode left. And hopefully we don't have to wait that long for season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Only downside is that their is one episode left. And hopefully we don't have to wait that long for season 3.
    If they continue as they have in prior seasons, the new season of the Flash will premier October 4th, 19 weeks after the season 2 finale. So, more or less 5 months.

And the award for most obvious death goes to....

HENRY ALLEN

So many death flags in that last episode

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    If they continue as they have in prior seasons, the new season of the Flash will premier October 4th, 19 weeks after the season 2 finale. So, more or less 5 months.
    Almost as bad as waiting for Legion.

Good episode. Dunno why everyone is hating on Barry Allens new groove. Doubt, the one thing that could stop the flash and all his loved ones are trying to mind fuck him.

After zoom killing henry I'm thinking zoom might stick around.

Also Wally/Jessie love story confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Good episode. Dunno why everyone is hating on Barry Allens new groove. Doubt, the one thing that could stop the flash and all his loved ones are trying to mind fuck him.

After zoom killing henry I'm thinking zoom might stick around.

Also Wally/Jessie love story confirmed.
    I dunno, Harrison Wells seems like he could be pretty racist.

I can't believe how obvious they were that that death was coming though. Almost disappointing. I was waiting for it the entire episode xD