Leveling other classes and alt characters are not the same thing...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Leveling other classes and alt characters are not the same thing...
    Oh right ... I forgot you can multiclass on one character in this game. ><
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

I find myself tempted by the idea of an alt. I do intend to go through the MSQ's again at some point but there's just so much I end up wanting to do on my current character that I end up being sidetracked.

I'm pushing ahead with the Kobold dailies. I should finish them before 3.3 - and DRK is almost at 60 so I can soon run around with the awesome Ravana EX weapon I won the other day.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I find myself tempted by the idea of an alt. I do intend to go through the MSQ's again at some point but there's just so much I end up wanting to do on my current character that I end up being sidetracked.

I'm pushing ahead with the Kobold dailies. I should finish them before 3.3 - and DRK is almost at 60 so I can soon run around with the awesome Ravana EX weapon I won the other day.
    Too cheap to pay $15 a month, so only one character for me.

Don't think I will level one even if I could though. Quite tired of levelling in general. My BLM is still at 56. Going through the Churning Mist quests again ...

Going to need new game systems. A new coat of paint on the old level/gear treadmill won't do it much longer - also Carbies for SMN; no I will never get tired with whining about that.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Been gone for quite a while. Came back today just for funsies, and am trying to get my Duty Finder up-to-date.

For the life of me, I cannot find where to get the quest for Pharos Sirius (Hard). I have Normal on my list, so I know the very first quest in the chain was done. I can't find the 2nd, so I'm assuming I did it before...but yet, I can't find the third quest either (going by Wiki locations).

To be clear: Looking for Trachraet for the quest "Why So Sirius", and not having any luck. Halp? (I'm sure it's something silly I'm over-looking)

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

Don't think I will level one even if I could though. Quite tired of levelling in general. My BLM is still at 56. Going through the Churning Mist quests again ...

Going to need new game systems. A new coat of paint on the old level/gear treadmill won't do it much longer - also Carbies for SMN; no I will never get tired with whining about that.
    It'll take time. I feel like the game is improving with each new patch as the developers learn and adapt. Hopefully that continues - but I don't expect any major new types of content until 4.0. I think their hands are tied for the time being as they try and keep up with demand and sort out the problems with player housing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Been gone for quite a while. Came back today just for funsies, and am trying to get my Duty Finder up-to-date.

For the life of me, I cannot find where to get the quest for Pharos Sirius (Hard). I have Normal on my list, so I know the very first quest in the chain was done. I can't find the 2nd, so I'm assuming I did it before...but yet, I can't find the third quest either (going by Wiki locations).

To be clear: Looking for Trachraet for the quest "Why So Sirius", and not having any luck. Halp? (I'm sure it's something silly I'm over-looking)
    Have you completed and handed in the quest for the normal version? You need to run and complete the base dungeon then hand in the quest before the other version is unlocked.

Have you completed and handed in the quest for the normal version? You need to run and complete the base dungeon then hand in the quest before the other version is unlocked.
    Yes, I stated that the normal version was in my Duty Finder.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It'll take time. I feel like the game is improving with each new patch as the developers learn and adapt. Hopefully that continues - but I don't expect any major new types of content until 4.0. I think their hands are tied for the time being as they try and keep up with demand and sort out the problems with player housing.
    To be frank, I'm a tad bored at the moment. ><

Will probably hang in here until 3.3, do the new MSQs, maybe Deep Dungeons will be awesome and breath some life into the game for me else I will probably just bail until 3.4 - hopefully by then I can have my Carbies back and there will be something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    My buddy was having this issue. There's a small chain after having completed the quest and unlocking it. You have to run it once (not just having it in your DF). If you've definitely run it, then I would check in Aleport as that's where you'd normally be lead for the rest of the chain.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

15+ Year Old Account

Did you check in Limsa at the Maelstrom area?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Did you check in Limsa at the Maelstrom area?
    Yes, and checked Aleport as suggested above.

I'm fairly certain I'd ran the normal version before, as I was pretty heavy into the game before I took hiatus, but ya never know. It's definitely in my list of level 50 Duties, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and checked Aleport as suggested above.

I'm fairly certain I'd ran the normal version before, as I was pretty heavy into the game before I took hiatus, but ya never know. It's definitely in my list of level 50 Duties, though.
    Well should be able to check your quest log, under completed sidequests for "sirius business" and "why so sirius" because you need to do those before getting "Things are getting Sirius" (which unlocks hm)

Well should be able to check your quest log, under completed sidequests for "sirius business" and "why so sirius" because you need to do those before getting "Things are getting Sirius" (which unlocks hm)
    Uh, yeah...I just figured it out.

It was a level 41 quest that I had never completed, so the quest I was looking for ("Things Are Getting Sirius") wasn't showing up on the map. D'oh!

Toldja it's been a while.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, yeah...I just figured it out.

It was a level 41 quest that I had never completed, so the quest I was looking for ("Things Are Getting Sirius") wasn't showing up on the map. D'oh!

Toldja it's been a while.
    They really need to add these not completed mandatory dungeon unlock quests to the recommendation log with a special symbol, visible regardless where you are - not just when you are in the zone.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2016-05-12 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No their is a weird second quest right after you finish NM

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Hmm I have an idea then. Make 8 characters on one server transfer them all over at once then. You can use fantasia(which you get for one month sub) to change race/looks/gender

You Coukdn't change start area/class so get a nice mix

(snip)

Welll their is the free trial up to 20
    Yeah, that could actually work... well, maybe. Is that Fantasia thing per character (as in, after a month of sub, would each of my characters get one?) or just one at a time/at all? (and does it also allow to change the character's name, or just race/looks/gender?)

As for the trial, yeah, I know about it, but tbh I don't know how's that supposed to help with that issue?

Also, if I'd pay the "multiple characters" sub, and then decide to downgrade to "one character" sub, would I get to pick which one I want to play, or would the server decide for me, and how? (highest class/job level character? oldest character? some other way?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoneq View Post
    Yeah, that could actually work... well, maybe. Is that Fantasia thing per character (as in, after a month of sub, would each of my characters get one?) or just one at a time/at all? (and does it also allow to change the character's name, or just race/looks/gender?)

As for the trial, yeah, I know about it, but tbh I don't know how's that supposed to help with that issue?

Also, if I'd pay the "multiple characters" sub, and then decide to downgrade to "one character" sub, would I get to pick which one I want to play, or would the server decide for me, and how? (highest class/job level character? oldest character? some other way?)
    It is an account based reward for a one month sub so every character you ever make gets a free one. Their are many actually from glamor gear to pets to mount barding.

It only let's you do looks it is actually the same item you get through the shop to change your looks.

But no no name sadly.

As for sub changes your first character gets priority. Sadly you cannot change the order not yet at least. So oldest I guess.

Overall everything in their shop is cheaper then WoW. So a name change is 10 if I recall right 15 tops. So not so bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet you tell me,when I whined that I was bored? -_-
    Do you even play this game?
    You should know that there is a WORLD of difference between leveling a new char and leveling an alt spec.

Esp if you have all crafters at 60. :P

- - - Updated - - -

I buy gametime cards. 20€ for 2 months. Same price as the "limited" account. :P

- - - Updated - - -

LoL... never read the English quest names before. Some DEV definitely played Serious Sam.

- - - Updated - - -

They really need to add these not completed mandatory dungeon unlock quests to the recommendation log with a special symbol, visible regardless where you are - not just when you are in the zone.
    Definitely agree on that. It's such a pain to remember where to get what quest.

Sometimes I even run around like a headless chicken because I forgot where to continue the MSQ. :X

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Do you even play this game?
    You should know that there is a WORLD of difference between leveling a new char and leveling an alt spec.

Esp if you have all crafters at 60. :P
    Brainfart. ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Brainfart. ><
    Happens to the best of us. ^_^