Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    lol this thread has gone from being "BETA HYPE TRAIN <insert nonsense here>!!!!" <gif spam> and shit to

MY BETA INVITE!!!

MY BETA INVITE!!!

MY BETA INVITE!!!

MY BETA INVITE!!!

MY BETA INVITE!!!
    Still does better than the 12 year old posts you put on mmo-champion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they will test any pre-patch stuff aside from the broken shore in beta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    Is beta up tonight? I know they said 2PST tomorrow, but they posted so I was wondering.
    It isn't tomorrow yet. 2:00 pm pst tomorrow

10+ Year Old Account
    dear blizz pls send beta Racthoh#1224, will test and press buttons and all the stuff for u thx

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I wonder if they will test any pre-patch stuff aside from the broken shore in beta
    All the pre-expansions stuff is all already in the alpha. Because there isn't going to be a "pre-patch" event. The Old Zone Invasions/Dreadlord stuff is all in 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    All the pre-expansions stuff is all already in the alpha. Because there isn't going to be a "pre-patch" event. The Old Zone Invasions/Dreadlord stuff is all in 7.0
    What the hell do you think a pre-patch event is? Literally every single one in the past has started when the pre-expansion patch is loaded onto the servers and we're all waiting for that switch to be flipped. It's a limited time event that occurs between the servers receiving updates for the new expansion (adding in all the new content) and the point where Blizzard officially launches the expansion. The Legion invasions across Azeroth and the Dreadlord/Doomsayer events in the cities are the pre-patch event. They will not exist once Legion launches, unlike the broken shore event which will be unlocked during the pre-patch instead of at launch like WoD's Tanaan Dark Portal intro. There's even achievements like It All Makes Sense Now referring to the pre-patch event. Did you miss the build on the front page a few weeks ago?

Well, yes. The pre-patch would be 7.0. As WoD's pre-patch was 6.0. And Mists' was 5.0. People use the term to mean "the patch that is released before, previously to, and expansion but contains basically all the changes.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

As others have said, 7.0 is the pre-patch.
    7.0 will be released a couple of weeks to a month before Legion's launch, which will technically be 7.0.3 or something like that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    dear blizz pls send beta Racthoh#1224, will test and press buttons and all the stuff for u thx
    You gotta pray for that beta man

15+ Year Old Account
    Do those that got the Alpha invite also get the beta invite?

I just noticed I had "Alpha: Legion" in my in development tab, and I could have sworn it wasn't there a week or 2 ago. Hope I didn't miss out.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Do those that got the Alpha invite also get the beta invite?

I just noticed I had "Alpha: Legion" in my in development tab, and I could have sworn it wasn't there a week or 2 ago. Hope I didn't miss out.
    Once you have Alpha: legion, you automaticly have beta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Once you have Alpha: legion, you automaticly have beta.
    Fantastic, thanks for the quick reply. Time to get my install rolling!
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    "there is no pre-patch, all of the invasion stuff will come in patch 7.0"

by far the dumbest thing I've read in this thread, and people post some pretty dumb shit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    What the hell do you think a pre-patch event is? Literally every single one in the past has started when the pre-expansion patch is loaded onto the servers and we're all waiting for that switch to be flipped. It's a limited time event that occurs between the servers receiving updates for the new expansion (adding in all the new content) and the point where Blizzard officially launches the expansion. The Legion invasions across Azeroth and the Dreadlord/Doomsayer events in the cities are the pre-patch event. They will not exist once Legion launches, unlike the broken shore event which will be unlocked during the pre-patch instead of at launch like WoD's Tanaan Dark Portal intro. There's even achievements like It All Makes Sense Now referring to the pre-patch event. Did you miss the build on the front page a few weeks ago?
    Yes. That's what I just explained. Thanks for saying the same thing I did, just in a more hunty way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Well, yes. The pre-patch would be 7.0. As WoD's pre-patch was 6.0. And Mists' was 5.0. People use the term to mean "the patch that is released before, previously to, and expansion but contains basically all the changes.
    The difference is that unlike other pre-patch events, this one does not come pre-"pre-patch" as the person was inferring.

Nobody implied any pre-pre-patch would exist. Someone asked about the prepatch, which will launch with 7.0, and you said (and I quote) "There isn't going to be a pre-patch".
    You were wrong.

There is going to be a pre-patch event. Some of its content is indeed already available for testing on Beta, just intermittently. Nobody suggested there would be any event before the pre-patch.
    "The pre-patch" is another term for "Patch 7.0, which launches before Legion".

First beta for me, yay. Work tomorrow is going to feel sooooooo long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. That's what I just explained. Thanks for saying the same thing I did, just in a more hunty way.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference is that unlike other pre-patch events, this one does not come pre-"pre-patch" as the person was inferring.
    I have no idea what you're referring to because there has never been a pre-event outside of Ruby Sanctum in WOTLK, and even that wasn't really a significant event leading to Cataclysm. Other than that, what you're referring to is a pre-patch... which is every x.0 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I have no idea what you're referring to because there has never been a pre-event outside of Ruby Sanctum in WOTLK, and even that wasn't really a significant event leading to Cataclysm. Other than that, what you're referring to is a pre-patch... when is every x.0 patch.
    This pre patch will be very similar to the BC to WOTLK expansion pre patch which is what he is reffering to i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Hope no one listens to you, last time when everyone listened to an Austrian person it didn't went down so well.
    Just wanted to highlight this gem which is the only worthwhile thing this thread has offered for quite a few pages now, amid all the retarded "I got the beta" and "How dare they don't flag me for beta" nonsense.