Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    People releasing tax information is bad precedent. His financial affairs are a private matter, much like yours and mine.
    He loses the ability to call Clinton dishonest if he does not release his returns. She has released full returns over 8 years. He has chosen not to do so, because he's being audited. That's right: he's chosen not to do so, and his excuse is he's accused of a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You say this yet you're voting Trump.....
    At least he's consistent when spewing his bullshit

Deleted
    Only if it's beneficial to his campaign.

Duh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    Consistent like a pathological liar?

Remember that time he said he'd release his tax returns and then "clarified" that he wouldn't and has since "clarified" again that if that pesky audit goes away in time he will.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/11/politi...p-tax-returns/

Or that time when he was pro-choice, but changed his mind so then he became pro-life, with punishment for women, and then "clarified" to come more into line with the party's version of pro-life.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-on-abortion/

Or that time he said he'd cut taxes for everyone, but then clarified to get more votes that after his tax plan is set in motion everyone might pay the same and the rich might pay more in taxes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/12/up...t-kidding.html

Or that time he supported the idea that people use whatever restroom they felt comfortable with until it looked like he might lose votes so he then clarified that by he meant the gender they were born with was what they should go by.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...hey-want/?_r=0

Or that time he promised to deport all illegal immigrants, but then said that was also "negotiable".

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...otiable-220013

We can continue, or roll into the lies. So take him not releasing taxes as a flip-flop or lie, because his entire campaign has been one or the other.

Some republicans call Hillary a liar about Benghazi and emails, but there's been very few flip-flops. Meanwhile Trump has either flip-flopped or lied on almost every talking point or speech that he's uttered. It started with him paying all his "supporters" to come to his presidential announcement and its been an awkward ride of fairy-tales and pandering ever since.

I would have voted Bernie, but between Trump and Hillary, I'll gladly grit my teeth and vote for more of the same as opposed to the chances of chaos through social and economic decline, just so Trump can check the presidency off his bucket list.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-05-12 at 04:00 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He loses the ability to call Clinton dishonest if he does not release his returns. She has released full returns over 8 years. He has chosen not to do so, because he's being audited. That's right: he's chosen not to do so, and his excuse is he's accused of a crime.
    Well there was also the thing about him demanding the returns of Romney in the last election.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Only if it's beneficial to his campaign.

Duh.
    Clearly he has decided that remaining consistent on any issue just hurts his campaign.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    /facepalm. How many time in one day did he change his abortion position? How many times in a week did he change his debt position? Consistency magnified to the power of Trump.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Still waiting on those Wall Street Speeches.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    So speeches done for financial gain should count, but tax records showing how much an individual may have avoided paying, (if at all), and showing actual earn income is bad?

So when do we get access to every speech Trump has made behind closed doors? I'd settle for him thumbing trough Trumped! and giving a fact check on any portion of that book.
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2016-05-12 at 04:01 AM.

Yeah....no.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you could ask Trump. He was probably at most of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Consistent like a pathological liar?

Remember that time he said he'd release his tax returns and then "clarified" that he wouldn't and has since "clarified" again that if that pesky audit goes away in time he will.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/11/politi...p-tax-returns/

Or that time when he was pro-choice, but changed his mind so then he became pro-life, with punishment for women, and then "clarified" to come more into line with the party's version of pro-life.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-on-abortion/

Or that time he said he'd cut taxes for everyone, but then clarified to get more votes that after his tax plan is set in motion everyone might pay the same and the rich might pay more in taxes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/12/up...t-kidding.html

Or that time he supported the idea that people use whatever restroom they felt comfortable with until it looked like he might lose votes so he then clarified that by he meant the gender they were born with was what they should go by.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...hey-want/?_r=0

Or that time he promised to deport all illegal immigrants, but then said that was also "negotiable".

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...otiable-220013

We can continue, or roll into the lies. So take him not releasing taxes as a flip-flop or lie, because his entire campaign has been one or the other.

Some republicans call Hillary a liar about Benghazi and emails, but there's been very few flip-flops. Meanwhile Trump has either flip-flopped or lied on almost every talking point or speech that he's uttered. It started with him paying all his "supporters" to come to his presidential announcement and its been an awkward ride of fairy-tales and pandering ever since.

I would have voted Bernie, but between Trump and Hillary, I'll gladly grit my teeth and vote for more of the same as opposed to the chances of chaos through social and economic decline, just so Trump can check the presidency off his bucket list.
    I like how Trump criticized Hillary for being a warmonger, and his loyal followers got in line behind him to repeat the same line, crucifying Hillary being a warmonger for voting for the wars.

Then he declares he wants to send 25,000 troops to the middle east for a war on ISIS.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    I'm sure you won't like the source, but: http://www.npr.org/2016/02/26/468278...-being-audited

"I will absolutely give my return, but I'm being audited now for two or three years, so I can't do it until the audit is finished, obviously," Trump said.

There is nothing preventing him from releasing his returns while being audited. No wonder some folks love Trump, they believe every word out of his mouth instead of taking the time to see if it's even true.
    WTF? Did you even read the rest of the article?

"He can obviously release them if he wants to," said Daniel Shaviro, professor of taxation at New York University Law School. But Shaviro conceded, as other tax experts have, that Trump's lawyers may advise him not to release the returns for legal strategy purposes.
    "I can imagine either my lawyer or my PR adviser saying 'don't' until the audit is over," Shaviro said.

Trump NEVER SAID he was "legally bound" from releasing his tax returns. He said he couldn't because it would not be a smart business move. HE NEVER LIED!

FFS - I cannot believe you even have the audacity to say "There is nothing preventing him from releasing his returns while being audited. No wonder some folks love Trump, they believe every word out of his mouth instead of taking the time to see if it's even true." /smh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I like how Trump criticized Hillary for being a warmonger, and his loyal followers got in line behind him to repeat the same line, crucifying Hillary being a warmonger for voting for the wars.

Then he declares he wants to send 25,000 troops to the middle east for a war on ISIS.
    By the way, this is something I've never understood: how is Hillary a warmonger? What do people mean when they call her a warmonger?

Granted, I don't see Trump as a warmonger either. A warmonger would be someone like McCain.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    By the way, this is something I've never understood: how is Hillary a warmonger? What do people mean when they call her a warmonger?

Granted, I don't see Trump as a warmonger either. A warmonger would be someone like McCain.
    I mean aside from voting for wars and the whole Libya thing and yeaaaaah....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I mean aside from voting for wars and the whole Libya thing and yeaaaaah....
    Well, I also supported the Libya thing... Does it make me a warmonger?

I think warmonger is a bit stronger a word than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I'm still waiting on his proof that Obama isn't a US citizen.
    Still trying to figure out why Obama (or anyone else) didn't reply that 'where Obama was born is irrelevant'. His mother was a US Citizen. Trump tried that tactic again with Cruz, but Cruz shut it down pretty quickly. with the "so what?" defense.

OT: I personally don't care to see any of their tax returns. I'm sure Trumps will show that he's worth much less then he claims as well as the fact that he probably has tons of loopholes to shelter most of his money - but even if he puts it out there, I don't see it changing anyone's mind. Trump'etts will defend him, everyone else will cry foul, nothing will change.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2016-05-12 at 05:50 AM.

Glad you at least acknowledge he spews bullshit. I find plenty of similarities with him and Hillary when comparing their history. The main difference to look for now is their advertised policies, political experience, and assumed IQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    What would you call someone who wants to go after the enemy's families?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Trump is an asshole. Would releasing his tax returns make him less of one? The answer is no.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't trust hillary as far as I could throw her. Would her releasing her speeches to wall street make me trust her more? The answer is no.

It is safe to assume that Trump is an egomaniac and a compulsive liar. He doesn't even know if he is actually lying. I can imagine he really doesn't want his fans (or anyone else) to see his tax return. It likely will show all the scams he has pulled (legally) or just how little he is truly worth.