10+ Year Old Account
    2018 Superbowl LII confirmed in Minnesota on Feb 4th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Icemageddon 2: electric boogaloo?

Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    In other news, Antonio Cromartie and his wife just had babies 3 and 4 (twins). This is after a vasectomy. Makes for a grand total of 12 kids. Dude couldn't pull out of a driveway.
    He probably just wants to keep up with Philip Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Minnesota in last week of January/1st week of February sounds like an amazing place to travel to....

In draft pick signing news, Denver's first pick to sign is the 7th round pick, and a punter. Sooner than I expected, usually one of the last teams to sign any draft picks. Plus, ESPN thinks Brandon Marshall left. I really wonder about their fact checking sometimes.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-05-11 at 07:02 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't terribly surprising considering he's pretty lucky to be alive after that injury. It sucks, but it happens.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not news worthy, but saw this on the Lions reddit:

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/730220332473303040

Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    It's not news worthy, but saw this on the Lions reddit:

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/730220332473303040
    They have the better version of Jay Cutler, all they need.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    They have the better version of Jay Cutler, all they need.
    Would take Stafford everyday of the week over Cutler. Unlike Cutler, he actually gives a shit about the games he's in, shows emotion rather than being sour 24/7 and he's a better QB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Re: Cutler

Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    Would take Stafford everyday of the week over Cutler. Unlike Cutler, he actually gives a shit about the games he's in, shows emotion rather than being sour 24/7 and he's a better QB.
    Exactly, gunslinger QB without all the negatives not counting the picks. I think Stafford is underrated, especially considering the organization he has to deal with.

That Cutler controller is great other than that many interception buttons, he averages like 1 per game. It might just be because he was only there for 3 years, I don't remember him doing any of the other stuff in Denver. Well other than wanting to be traded because McDaniels was being a moron.

- - - Updated - - -

Gronkowski gets the Madden curse this year, he should probably stay away from dancing and boats.
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-05-12 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, gunslinger QB without all the negatives not counting the picks. I think Stafford is underrated, especially considering the organization he has to deal with.

That Cutler controller is great other than that many interception buttons, he averages like 1 per game. It might just be because he was only there for 3 years, I don't remember him doing any of the other stuff in Denver. Well other than wanting to be traded because McDaniels was being a moron.

- - - Updated - - -

Gronkowski gets the Madden curse this year, he should probably stay away from dancing and boats.
    Probably a Packers fan who made the controller (not me, although I wish I could take credit for it). He seems to always throw at least 2 when he plays us. There were actually 2 games where he threw 4. Four!!

Stafford is cool, he reminds me of Brett Favre in the way he just loves to air it out. I think him and Tony Romo are the two most "gunslinger"-esque players, although Rodgers seems to have picked up a few habits from Favre also, namely those little left-handed improvised shovel passes as he's getting sacked that can either work out great or really come back to bite you in the ass.

Did you forget to announce that there is actually an NFL Game in MEXICO this year??? Raiders vs Texans (go figure lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Packers reportedly not re-signing John Kuhn.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...016-per-report

Well this sucks. The guy is one of the few remaining true fullbacks in the league and has done a lot for us. Great in goal-line situations, blocks very well and was great on special teams. Going to miss hearing the crowd chant "KUUUUUUUHHHHHNNNNNNNNN" every time he came into the game.

He single-handedly saved the Packers' season with this block in the last game of the 2013 regular season. What's even more ironic was that the block was against Julius Peppers in his last game as a Chicago Bear; they let him go the following offseason and GB picked him up. Peppers jokes that the block cost him his job...I'd say he's in a much better place now.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Packers reportedly not re-signing John Kuhn.

Well this sucks. The guy is one of the few remaining true fullbacks in the league and has done a lot for us. Great in goal-line situations, blocks very well and was great on special teams. Going to miss hearing the crowd chant "KUUUUUUUHHHHHNNNNNNNNN" every time he came into the game.

He single-handedly saved the Packers' season with this block in the last game of the 2013 regular season. What's even more ironic was that the block was against Julius Peppers in his last game as a Chicago Bear; they let him go the following offseason and GB picked him up. Peppers jokes that the block cost him his job...I'd say he's in a much better place now.

Yea I've read some articles about the "Death of Fullbacks" and it's pretty disappointing. I understand that it's a rarely used position, but there have been plenty of times where I see Kuhn, Tolbert, and Reece to name a few; make some great plays wether it's bulldozing into the endzone or leading the block for their RB.

Seems like if people go the way of Green Bay, you'll just see a new fullback every 4 years before the team drafts a new guy and pays him the base-salary.

Quite the downer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    NFL Sunday Ticket is pretty much the only reason I have DirecTV.

Well thanks to Frontier buying out Verizon, the new god awful service I get and the fact that DirecTV does have Sunday Ticket is why I'm weeks away from being a new DirecTV Subscriber
    Can't wait to watch every single game every sunday!!!!!!! =] TAKE MY MONEY
    Last edited by McLovenIt; 2016-05-13 at 03:53 PM.

Sucks the Packers aren't keeping Kuhn, he was the best part of watching their games. Denver actually gets to use one this year though, so yay.

Funny thing about the "death of the fullback" thing is that Denver's offense was so bad last year partly due to not having a true fullback (combined with Manning not being able to play under center). There are only a handful of teams with one because of the offenses they use do not take advantage of the position.

- - - Updated - - -

The Navy is letting Keenan Reynolds and the Pats long snapper play this year. Cool to see them let these guys play (for at least 2016).
    Last edited by Grube; 2016-05-13 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Packers drafted Aaron Ripkowski last year who is a fullback and who is presumably replacing Kuhn. I just don't think he'll have a cool crowd chant to go with his name though. What would they even say? "SKIIIIIIIII"?

"RIIIIIIIIIIP" perhaps?

Sucks the Packers aren't keeping Kuhn, he was the best part of watching their games. Denver actually gets to use one this year though, so yay.

Funny thing about the "death of the fullback" thing is that Denver's offense was so bad last year partly due to not having a true fullback (combined with Manning not being able to play under center). There are only a handful of teams with one because of the offenses they use do not take advantage of the position.

- - - Updated - - -

The Navy is letting Keenan Reynolds and the Pats long snapper play this year. Cool to see them let these guys play (for at least 2016).
    yea Manning was garbage last year......the Defense carried them all the way to a Super Bowl Victory. lol

and when the Secretary of the freakin Navy comes out publicly saying "we've made this work before, we'll find a way to make it work again" That is just awesome. I have so much respect for not only Military Personnel, but also the tiny handful who can juggle being a serviceman AND a professional athlete. That has to be one insanely tough schedule lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    but also the tiny handful who can juggle being a serviceman AND a professional athlete. That has to be one insanely tough schedule lol
    Our LS Cordona basically had no days off all last season. On the day most players have off to spend with their family he had to drive to his naval base and perform his duties for a VERY long day (I vaguely remember he spent his day from around 5 am till 11 pm there) and then back next day to train like usual.

He loved it though, did it gladly. Was proud to serve and proud to have been drafted. If they are indeed getting their duties postponed again that would be great for him. Cordona got assigned a ship, so technically he was supposed to go active duty now.

LS is one of the more replaceable positions on the team, but still, a GOOD long snapper is valuable and you hope to keep him around.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What did I just walk into?

Our threads are good enough for the spam now?

Yay!

Speaking of which Fanduel got banned in the state of Iowa (why?!!!!). I'm just getting into data analyctics to. I could've created my own models.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    What did I just walk into?

Our threads are good enough for the spam now?

Yay!

Speaking of which Fanduel got banned in the state of Iowa (why?!!!!). I'm just getting into data analyctics to. I could've created my own models.
    lol yea serious --- speaking of those sites, I used Draft Kings a few times, but than just started using it for fun and having private bets with groups of friends, but then realized they take a small chunk of the % for the site, so now we just make bets and keep tabs on winners/losers and than just pay up at the end of the season, since we play fantasy football too lol