Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephostopkek View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/HA50q6W.png

check the combat log, I'm almost a full bis geared blood dk in tw. only thing I'm missing is a trinket, and these mobs melee me for 50% of my health. fucking ridiculous.
    Two questions: Why dont you have timestamps enabled and why are there so many assassins attacking you?

You take 1 hit from Kargaths blade dance, and then FOUR hits with absolutely no heals received inbetween. This basicly leads me to believe that you had at least 2, possibly four assasins active AT THE SAME TIME, which is pretty much going to end up with you getting globaled, and pretty much no tank is going to survive that. I mean, you shouldnt even HAVE assassins engadged in that fight, since if everyone is inside his little arena, the assassins dont even engage.

Going to chalk that one up to people doing stupid things.

If I do moderate pulls I can solo all TBC instances. Arcatraz I tell people not to release, I pull up to the first boss with army, 4 people die to the first Shadow Nova and I solo all the trash + the boss. I do the same on Wrath Scryer/Doomsayer if I only have 1 Unbound Devastator (their disarm + silence really hurts). If I have 2, I pull that one by itself and then the rest. DKs are ridiculous for timewalking if you know what you're doing, and it's not just the bugged ToT set bonus. Learn how to Death Strike and you'll be doing 4-5k hps consistently.

In fact, there's very few mobs that actually pose any kind of danger; stuns in Shattered Halls, the no DR 2 sec charge stun in Mana Tombs, the gouge mobs in Mana Tombs, the fearing myrmidons in Slave Pens. Once you know where these mobs are and what packs they pull with, you shouldn't ever have any trouble.

A little heads up if you have an alchemist: MoP potions give a disproportionate amount of stats - 338 str in TBC dungeons, that's almost a 50% increase in str with my gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I've only had issues healing DK tanks. No one died but it was significantly more difficult. That said my guild's DK tank didn't even need a healer.
    Most death knights in the timewalkers I've healed just didn't use Death Strike at all. Sometimes I think they push random buttons until their runes are all on CD then whack-a-mole.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    They are easy if people don't try to go full retard. Like for example why does nearly every group need to pull every single pack together in mgt 1 and 2 rooms before delrissa? Usually I can salvage the situation but last time I got charmed by succubus and group wiped.

People in this game have some stupid obsession about mass pulls. Not just in TW. It doesn't save anyone's time unless you can mass grip everything and mass stun. Otherwise, forget it especially in dungeons with caster trash.

Or when trash permastuns the tank and charges around (mana tombs...) if you pull 1 by 1 packs usually no one dies (i.e. it's easy after all) but it's still annoying.

Especially since people aren't using their class tools, nowadays if a shaman uses tremor or priest uses fear ward it's like woot woot someone actually used it? In wotlk timewalks (and other probably too) there are mobs enraging and hunter / boomkin / rogue dispel can save a lot of dmg on the tank, but do they even use it? Nope it's all about pew pew.

I'm running on my warrior with sub par glyphs like gag order and dispel on shield slam just because others can't use their purges or interrupts even though it costs them nothing except a global. Definitely not a glyph slot. Or things like glyph of icy touch on a dk... you lose half a death strike for it.

Most wipes in timewalks are because people rush. For example Jaina in end time, safer to clear trash around because she teleports and will probably asspull something. Nope, always some stealthers run off to pick crystals to skip trash and then you wipe because either I pull trash and no one helps me kill it, or I don't pull trash and Jaina will pull it during encounter. Doesn't help no one stomps the flarecores either.

People always, always want to skip trash. Reminds me of that one ZA pug by the end of TBC when group decided to skip patrols before Lynx boss. Every time we wiped (and we wiped a lot, cuz pug) someone pulled that patrol during corpse run and we wasted infinitely longer time than if we just killed trash like normal people. So this stupid mentality exists since at least TBC.

Without it, dungeons would rarely have problems unless you severely undergear it. And in timewalk your gear is normalized, so it's not the case.
    Spoken like someone who has run a great deal of TW dungeons. I was laughing and shaking my head the entire time through because it's all true.

Especially the bit about the obsession with mass pulls and skipping trash. I think that's just a symptom of the "path of least resistance". "If there's time you can shave off something by being lazy or doing it half-ass, why not go for it", they must think.

The earliest example I can remember of players skipping trash is heading to the Deadmines and Wailing Caverns instances in Classic. I had quite a few corpse runs through both entrances because my groups refused to clear it like normal people.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I didn't. Yet still got one shot because the random healer can't keep me at 100% HP all the time.

Any other "witty" comments?
    If you get one-shot by Tyrannus you actually are to blame. You're supposed to let him punt you over the ice so that he never hits you while enraged. It's literally the only tank mechanic in the fight.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are obsessed with mass pulls because of big dick numbers on their recount meters, i realise its timewalking so those numbers are small but in general. epeens breh epeens.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Most death knights in the timewalkers I've healed just didn't use Death Strike at all. Sometimes I think they push random buttons until their runes are all on CD then whack-a-mole.
    I recently leveled my DK and finally hit 100 as the last BC timewalking was going on. I felt completely invincible on my DK(who has very little in the way of gear leftover from the ICC days). Compared to say, my monk, where I can overpull and actually have to use smart play, my DK I just never was even close to being challenged. It was quite funny and enjoyable. I might even make him my main of my 5 tanks I have come Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    If you get one-shot by Tyrannus you actually are to blame. You're supposed to let him punt you over the ice so that he never hits you while enraged. It's literally the only tank mechanic in the fight.
    poorly geared tanks can get oneshot by the knockback, the empower isn't the issue.

Also you're surprised a tank with bonus max hp has an easier time than a tank based on over time mitigation in a setting entirely based on max hp global levels of damage?

@Marrilaife I've found pulling hte whole room is fastest in MGT, the trash tickles in there anyway compared to gladiator mass pulls in SH or room of demons in arca.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    @Marrilaife I've found pulling hte whole room is fastest in MGT, the trash tickles in there anyway compared to gladiator mass pulls in SH or room of demons in arca.
    Yeah but I got mced by succubus and healer didn't dispel so mobs thrashed the rest of the group before I could group them, had to resort to corner pulling in there in the end like in ye olde old school scarlet monastery.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    "If there's time you can shave off something by being lazy or doing it half-ass, why not go for it", they must think.
    If the risk of messing it up is non negligible, you waste more time recovering from wipe or even not a wipe but just someone's death who needs to be rezzed after than actually killing some trash that is usually not hard per say and doesn't take that long. It's not CM where every second matters and you insta reset if you wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Are they still teleporting you to the regular version of the dungeons where you can actually group up with leveling characters or do they use special versions for level 100 scaled down characters only now?
    It's a special version of the dungeon but it's not just for lvl 100. TBC for example is 71+, cata is 85+ etc. You can find lower level characters in there as long as they're above the intended level for the dungeon and subject to downscaling. For example sometimes I find a person doesn't buff only because they're too low level to actually have the buff spell. No clue why buffs like mark of the wild or monk buff need to require such high level nowadays.

Deleted
    Dunno what you're talking about, I only like wiped a couple of times in the many timewalking dungeons I did, I'm not seeing any general issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it´s because we´re used to faceroll everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    poorly geared tanks can get oneshot by the knockback, the empower isn't the issue.

Also you're surprised a tank with bonus max hp has an easier time than a tank based on over time mitigation in a setting entirely based on max hp global levels of damage?

Well in comparison to normal things(mythics/heroic raids) on my monk, where he feels very sturdy. Timewalking just seems to not be as good for the monk as it is for the DK in my opinion. However I think it's largely based on the healer you have. For example, any time my girlfriend(mythic geared disc priest) heals me through a mythic it doesn't matter what tank I'm on. That's just half of the coin though I guess.

I kinda enjoy masspulls in TW.

I use defile and Troll(s) and most of the time I am not able to even pull enough to not waste my DPS cooldowns. With propper DPS there is really no reason to not pull 3-4 groups together and cleave everything down in a few seconds.

Doing 9-10k DPS on average is allways my personal aim while tanking and for that I have to do some masspulls with ~30k+ burst DPS to get my average up.
    I used to do TBC-shattered halls without cheese comps like double-mage, but rather with 1 shadow-priest/massfear as the only one source for CC - since TBC was kinda hard on healer mana without the shadow-priest mana-battery. It is much easier now, all I need in TW is my DK and maybe another for TW-geared DPS and I can go crazy with pulls, no matter what the other DPS or HEAL is doing.

A fast instance clear with repeatable (mass)pulls is something I enjoy greatly and despite the rejection from a part of the player community for speedruns in dungeons like TW, there will be allways a huge desire in WoW for the most effective way to farm something. This is not a new concept for addictive game mechanics, just look at the most addictive blizzard diablo1,2,3 series. It is all about repetitive and efficient speed farming.

I am just surprised about the amount of negativ TW-speedrun postings in the last few pages. Whats wrong with a bit more challenge and/or farming improvement?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    I kinda enjoy masspulls in TW.

I use defile and Troll(s) and most of the time I am not able to even pull enough to not waste my DPS cooldowns. With propper DPS there is really no reason to not pull 3-4 groups together and cleave everything down in a few seconds.
    If you have
    1. BIS timewalk gear
    2. Handpicked premade of people ("proper DPS") etc.

You can indeed enjoy "speed farm", but we're talking about pugs here and people in random gear (no enchants, crap trinkets etc.). There is no "cleaving everything down" if you get pug dps that only auto attack or only spam ice lance etc.

It's the same deal as discussing early Cata dungeons. It was completely different experience going with mythic guild premade (ok there was no mythic but I mean server top guilds) and with random pugs. Or discussing CMs where you have best class comp with optimized gear and random people who wanted to see what cm is about. Completely different experience.

On a side note, did you see beta patch notes?
    "Trinkets obtained from Raids, PvP, and world drops in Warlords were overtuned and have been brought back to intended power levels.
    Set bonuses for item sets from expansions prior to Warlords of Draenor have been deactivated, though the text describing their former function still remains.
    "
    Does that mean no more trolls (DK tot ones not players) and such in timewalks in Legion? Or will it not affect timewalk... As we know timewalk is there to stay at least that was suggested when people complained about 5k badges for mounts.

And if someone says "source plz" I'm gonna facepalm, it's on the front page, but every time I say Blizzard said something there's always some dummy who quotes me with "source plz?"

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    On a side note, did you see beta patch notes?
    The DK tot set bonus was nerfed after the first TW week in WoD. The nerfed 2-piece tot bonus is worthless, but the nerf was badly implemented.
    I hope they dont nerf Shadowmourne and 16+ bonus gems from my TW BIS gear.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    The legacy tier set change will not only screw timewalkers but also people who do legacy content notably Herald of the Titans and then some like 70's only BC raids. Just prevent them from working on people above the tier's lvl or even better just disable them in Legion raids/dungeons.