Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Now this is really cool!

DAMMIT! All of the scene sounds are muted. >.<

Still, gotta love the "offer one hand, arm the other" moment with Lothar holding a gun behnd his back. I think it's Lady Taria trying to reason with Garona, who was just captured.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Or Alterac Valley, for the Frostwolves.

Then again, we have no idea how this supposed trilogy is intended to work.
    It'd be a miracle if they manage to squeeze Tides of Darkness into 1 movie.

But then again, it would only be fitting that the trilogy ends with destruction of Draenor and Sons of Lothar's sacrifice, since, if you look at it, this is Khadgar's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Convenient. I'm actually sure you would praise those very reviewers if they end up saying anything resonating with your opinions. It would fit you beautifully.
    Why would I not for either case if our opinions match up?

And no, I say the "general populace" is far from being reliable. This said, there's a lot of people out there, much like a lot of reviewers. There are common people who are better than any reviewer when it comes to judge a movie but you rarely has the chance to hear them. Likewise, there are reviewers that are nothing but click-baiters lacking any degree of professionalism and ofcourse you'll stay the fuck away from them (quite easy since they kinda get a reputation and you can judge their previous reviews about movies you watched by yourself).
    I actually find it falls somewhere in the middle on your so called "real reviewer" and general populace reviews. They both have their usefulness.

And that's why people often have diametrically opposed opinions. Because, indeed, they all know of what the hell they talk about.
    No one is immune to that though. No matter who you are talking about. When it comes to movies like this. I'll take that general populace review because the so called real reviewer rarely has any incite to the game much less the lore.

I don't care about what people is supposed to "know" if they're unable to argue their opinions. Be it a positive or negative impression, there's more to be offerred to be taken seriously. And as I said, while limited by the willingness to spoil anything or occasional glimpes of bias regarding certain actors (like her fangirling for Travis Fimmel) the other girl did quite a worthier job to explain what she liked about the story and what she didn't. That's what I want.
    Nothing wrong with taking that stance. It's useful but I like to read and sort through it all. It gives a much better picture of overall perception. If someone says something as simple as, "I didn't like it." Its a fair enough review for a movie. I don't need to know why as there is nothing anyone can do to change that perception at this point. Huge explanation for short. The review is there.

You know my stance roughly on leaving out demons in a warcraft movie. It's like leaving out the spider in a spiderman movie. One had to happen or the rest is a bit off. I dislike that kind of movie warping because "oh my its a movie lets take some creative licensing and change shit up.

Since that seems to be the way warcraft is going and not just for what I mentioned it seems, if you read around. It's yet another video game to movie I'll be happy to skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Considering we would be following Thrall's character perspective, it most certaintly means Orgrimmar or something of that vacinity.

Also @@Tornwar always love those behind the scenes takes.
    Then Alterac since that's where he spent until the 3rd war, because Orgrimmar cannot exist until Kalimdor is discovered and Thrall has no idea of its existence until then.

Deleted
    Now this is really cool!

Interesting that they decided to make Garonas green skin colour CGI! Guess colouring someone everyday is kinda time consuming

Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    Interesting that they decided to make Garonas green skin colour CGI! Guess colouring someone everyday is kinda time consuming
    ANd its alot easier for the actor. + This isn't the same as the BS with Green Lantern outfit. =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solobang View Post
    There goes the ''pfff Garona's skin is so obvious that it's so badly painted they should've use GGI instead'' argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Wonder how you would react to the "real reviews" if they were telling that the movie is shit. Face it, Warcraft is the first good video game movie in history
    Well you seem to be putting the cart before the horse. It's not been that impressive yet.

and considering the love by the world that everyone that made the movie shown with the Warcraft universe, they truly deserve it.
    Sorry but that love has dwindled. The marketing poor. The acceptance sketchy. And personally anyone that claims to be a fan and are willing to change so much because this is a movie and why the hell not. Well I'd question just how much of a fan are they?

I'm sure many directors were fans on their movie originality. That means two things. Jack and shit.

That's the main point here, finally someone proved that video game movies can be good.
    Remains to be seen unfortunately for you.

Next time, don't invest so much in wanting something to fail.
    It will fail on it's on should that be the case. I simply don't think what I have seen holds strong enough to what hooked me to it in the first place. Thats a no go more me but it failing or success is undetermined as of yet.

But I wont lose any sleep either way. But I wont lie about it. I'd be more shocked if it is considered a success than if it fails given what I have seen and read.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-05-12 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'd be more shocked if it is considered a success than if it fails given what I have seen and read.
    Duly noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Now this is really cool!

Medivh gave me goosebumps..

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/war.../1100-6439727/

"I needed a job"

"To be honest, I had no idea what I was getting myself into," he said about the process. "It is such a different way of acting, not talking to someone sometimes. You're actually talking to air. It's hard. I bloody suck at it."
    Uh oh...this makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    The comment section makes me sad. I doubt Travis has had any dislike of the movie, he just aren't good at speaking to CGI characters. Nothing about this says the movie will suck

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact most actors aren't actually experienced with Motion capture, in case you didn't know.

Also here's a shitload of interviews:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/...read/257109661

The person wrote Dominic instead of Foster.

Fun fact most actors aren't actually experienced with Motion capture, in case you didn't know.

The person wrote Dominic instead of Foster.
    Well I am sure honesty will charm many..

Deleted
    Well, he's not the first actor that has issues with green screens and "invisible" co-actors.

Even Gandalf burst to tears on the set.
    http://www.themarysue.com/ian-mckellen-hobbit-cry/

Hey we can all agree it isn't easy, but Travis did his best and Duncan obviously helped as much as he could

15+ Year Old Account

Just to preemptively explain the format, since even the guy who posted it on IMDB doesn't get it, this is all B-Roll footage that was released for video content producers to put together video segments on the movie.

Edit: Three more.

Last edited by Kathranis; 2016-05-12 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that's why people like being lied to. because if you're honest... you will be judged.
    honesty should be rewarded and not judged.

Travis will kill it as Lother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    that's why people like being lied to. because if you're honest... you will be judged.
    honesty should be rewarded and not judged.

Travis will kill it as Lother.
    I think the reactions depend on what one think about Travis Fimmel's way of acting in general. He has a very particular way of acting, so if one liked him as Ragnar, he will also for Lothar.

I love his acting, so I'm sure I will love his Lothar.

He also seems to be a really nice and humble guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    An orc entered the room at 02:25

- - - Updated - - -

Also, looks like Assassin's Creed marketing team is the same as the one who put the dubstep music in Warcraft trailer 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    Also, looks like Assassin's Creed marketing team is the same as the one who put the dubstep music in Warcraft trailer 2...
    Which is funny, because the game trailers have much more interesting music choices:

Deleted