Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Yes, because mobs dropped the same amount in Beta WoD as live, and as much in Beta MoP as live, and as much in Beta Cata as live etc etc.
    no they didnt......

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know the final price range of the cost, however, I highly doubt it being a high price, sorta like respeccing at a class trainer. That being said; ONE dungeon in LFD and you have it covered and then some, and you would be tanking/healing anyway if it was"free".
    Get a grip, people. You're just as restricted to change talents now as you will be with changing specs in Legion. It's all in your head.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    The other person who doesn't queue as tank and thus didn't have to swap now has 100g advantage on you, for nothing.

Repeat x multiple thousands of times over the life cycle of expansion.

I will never, ever queue as a healer or a tank while it costs me a single scrap of gold to do so. I hope others do the same, to the point where the DPS are begging for the cost to be removed.
    If you queue as tank and are questing as a DPS, being put in the dungeon automatically changes you to Tank.

So unless you are constantly swapping outside of dungeons for some inane reason, you aren't really at a disadvantage.

Reading comprehension is hard though I guess.

There is one fundamental piece of information that isn't mentioned in the patch notes. One of the specs available to your class can be marked as a Primary spec, switching to this spec costs no gold whatsoever, speccing to a non-primary spec costs gold. First few swaps cost no gold at all and after that there is a progressive cost which has no cap currently, this effect also decays over time and resets fully if you don't swap often. This change is made to reinforce the idea of a primary (main) spec and put some importance into this choice, this should be the spec you're playing most of the time instead of swapping every time another spec does 1% more damage/healing for a given scenario.

Why do they punish people that want to help their raid/dungeon group? This will cause even less healers and tanks, especially in casual groups. This is a bad idea and I don't see why they bring that back. It primarly affects hybrid classes. So it's unfair, too.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

If you queue as tank and are questing as a DPS, being put in the dungeon automatically changes you to Tank.

So unless you are constantly swapping outside of dungeons for some inane reason, you aren't really at a disadvantage.

while it costs me a single scrap of gold to do so
    Damn straight. Irony.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    no they didnt......
    Yeah, they did. Because people complained about the same shit every expansion. "Oh no X is going to cost Y I will have no gold" "But Gold is gather easily for it by killing a few creatures" " OMG BUT THAT ONT LEAVE BETA!!!"

Blizzard has no need to nerfed Gold drops from creatures Betas, because currency gained from killing creatures isn't that large in the scheme of things.

The few times they have been nerfed is when it was like a quick spawning mob of creatures that could be one shot. Since you could farm it for stupid amounts. Normal mobs and their loot table for currency are usually implemented and forgotten.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn straight. Irony.
    How is it irony, I literally just told you queuing as either won't cost you gold.

Once again reading comprehension is hard though I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn straight. Irony.
    How is it irony, I literally just told you queuing as either won't cost you gold.

Deleted
    It's intended that legion drops more gold for a few reasons.

Higher gold drops make poor players catch up faster and introduces higher gold cap.

Higher gold cap makes vanity items more expensive, thus rich players run out of gold faster by spending.

In a way it close the gap between poor and rich a bit more, not a lot though, but it might make it a bit more stable.

The other person who doesn't queue as tank and thus didn't have to swap now has 100g advantage on you, for nothing.

Repeat x multiple thousands of times over the life cycle of expansion.

I will never, ever queue as a healer or a tank while it costs me a single scrap of gold to do so. I hope others do the same, to the point where the DPS are begging for the cost to be removed.
    You miss the part where queing as tank/healer = autospec without cost.

Deleted
    Oh, that's good. So unless I am doing mythic dungeon or proper raiding I wouldn't need to switch at all?

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    You miss the part where queing as tank/healer = autospec without cost.
    I didn't miss it, I specifically addressed it. I will never be playing as a tank or healer if it costs me gold to do so.

Except that I specifically addressed the point, and thus you either didn't read it or assumed I meant something other than what I wrote. Hence, irony regarding comments deriding reading comprehension.

I didn't say that it costs money to queue, and I didn't say that I wouldn't queue if it didn't. I specifically said I wouldn't queue if it did. The fact that it doesn't doesn't change that; thus, your failure of reading comprehension.

I didn't miss it, I specifically addressed it. I will never be playing as a tank or healer if it costs me gold to do so.

Except that I specifically addressed the point, and thus you either didn't read it or assumed I meant something other than what I wrote. Hence, irony regarding comments deriding reading comprehension.
    I don't get what are you trying to say. You mean that if they didn't implement this part you would not play as tank or healer in dungeons? But because the did you will play as tank/healer?

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    I don't get what are you trying to say. You mean that if they didn't implement this part you would not play as tank or healer in dungeons? But because the did you will play as tank healer?
    For those specific parts of the game, sure. I won't be tanking or healing in group finder groups though, for example, or for world bosses, or any other content that is group based, but doesn't offer free spec swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Oh, that's good. So unless I am doing mythic dungeon or proper raiding I wouldn't need to switch at all?
    Well, World Bosses and some other stuff, maybe. But this should cover the vast majority of switches. Which also means it keeps the ramping cost down.

Deleted
    Do you also never change your talents because it costs you gold to do so or do you ever use potions/flask/food because it costs you gold to do so? Do you ever repair your gear because it costs you gold to do so? What about the taxi service, it costs gold. You could mount there for free.

I didn't say that it costs money to queue, and I didn't say that I wouldn't queue if it didn't. I specifically said I wouldn't queue if it did. The fact that it doesn't doesn't change that; thus, your failure of reading comprehension.
    It's not reading comprehension, it's ambiguous wording. Both readings of your post are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Do you also never change your talents because it costs you gold to do so or do you ever use potions/flask/food because it costs you gold to do so? Do you ever repair your gear because it costs you gold to do so? What about the taxi service, it costs gold. You could mount there for free.
    All of these things apply universally. They also have costs that are in the vicinity of 1/100th of that of changing specs at maximum price (which it will always be for people who regularly do so). Changing specs applies disproportionately to a group of players that are atleast partially responsible for lower queue times for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It's not reading comprehension, it's ambiguous wording. Both readings of your post are valid.
    No, they aren't. There is a very specific meaning to the words "I won't queue if it costs me gold to do so". Any interpretation of those words that involves queuing when it doesn't cost gold are inescapably wrong.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2016-05-12 at 09:26 AM.

Deleted
    All of these things apply universally. They also have costs that are in the vicinity of 1/100th of that of changing specs at maximum price (which it will always be for people who regularly do so). Changing specs applies disproportionately to a group of players that are atleast partially responsible for lower queue times for everyone else.
    Besides your implementation that healers heal and tanks tank out of pure altruism in order to lower queue times for everyone else (which really is not true and doesn't apply because see above), I did play very frequently in the past months and I respeced about 5 to 10 times a day and the costs did not explode. And I am telling you, the costs are neglectable. There are costs, yes. But they are not a hundredfold of everything else. I don't know where you are taking this idea from.

Implication, not implementation. Otherwise he'd have created something that actually enforces that behaviour.
    No, they aren't. There is a very specific meaning to the words "I won't queue if it costs me gold to do so". Any interpretation of those words that involves queuing when it doesn't cost gold are inescapably wrong.
    Yes, that part is clear. What isn't clear is if you meant that you thought there is a cost, and therefore wouldn't do it, or if that was a hypothetical situation. The following sentence even suggests it is the former.

People who are saying there won't be any tanks/heals are more retarded then this new "feature".

If you are fury warrior and queue as tank, you will be changed to tank for free once you enter the dungeon. And if you think people won't be tanks/heals with their guild because of this, then you are some special kind of people.