Thread: Stellaris

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How hard is the management in this game? I was able to sorta hold my ground in Crusader Kings II but I never did something spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Any of you have some starter tips? Like influence being +3 monthly, with every Frontier doing -1, so after I have 3 of them and sit at 0/month, how do you expand? And how far out your current empire zone do you place them, I think I f*** up and put the first one too close, so my border didnt expand enough. Might start over now so looking for some tips ^^
    If I find any worlds that I can colonize and are at or above 60% habitability, I send a colony ship there eventually. This is what I try to do mainly. If there are no such planets at some area, I build there a frontier base.

For you I might suggest making sectors. If you put those frontier bases inside a sector, you don't have to pay influence for their upkeep. Sectors give you 50% of resources and keep the rest. I think this can be modified, but don't just go put everything in sectors. Only when you need to. Then you can build more frontier bases or colony ships to expand.

Thank for the infos, as of Sector.. are they those named star/zone (like Forbidden Nebula that I have not so far away) with negative "debuff"? Not sure I understand, sorry hehe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    How hard is the management in this game? I was able to sorta hold my ground in Crusader Kings II but I never did something spectacular.
    it's easier imho, but you will be fighting alot more, at least I tend to fight alot more than in CK2

You can actually be extremely evil and enslave the whole galaxy if your people are tolerant enough (or did they change that already? Last time I checked, slaves couldn't take up arms and only non tolerant civs..eh..POPs would get mad at seeing Slaves

It is something I would've loved to do in CK2, if you go apeshit, you'll see rebellions everywhere, doesn't even matter if they can't muster up enough men to even hurt you. You know, as a God-King, you could most like enforce your will, no matter what.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-05-11 at 07:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any of you have some starter tips? Like influence being +3 monthly, with every Frontier doing -1, so after I have 3 of them and sit at 0/month, how do you expand? And how far out your current empire zone do you place them, I think I f*** up and put the first one too close, so my border didnt expand enough. Might start over now so looking for some tips ^^
    Remove the frontier outposts once you have a colony going in that area of space, if you click the outpost there's a menu button to dismantle it.

Aside from that, it's just about trying to get a healthy mineral income up and running. Pretty much all the expansion in this game relies on minerals, you'll need a lot of it to build all those research and mining outposts in orbit around planets/moons after you survey systems.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Remove the frontier outposts once you have a colony going in that area of space, if you click the outpost there's a menu button to dismantle it.

Aside from that, it's just about trying to get a healthy mineral income up and running. Pretty much all the expansion in this game relies on minerals, you'll need a lot of it to build all those research and mining outposts in orbit around planets/moons after you survey systems.
    Oh thats a good idea! Thank! I havent found a planet i can colonize outside of my border yet, only one i can is right in the next solar system. There are a civilization that has planet I can colonize next to me, according to the infos Im superior on the military side.. and they hate me for some reason (fanatic milary imperialist).. guess I could pay them a visit for their worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing : can you upgrade already existing spaceship? I researched new thrusters, I can design new ships with them, but my already existing army have old thruster, and even if I dock them in the spaceport, the upgrade button is gray saying no upgrade available.

Oh thats a good idea! Thank! I havent found a planet i can colonize outside of my border yet, only one i can is right in the next solar system. There are a civilization that has planet I can colonize next to me, according to the infos Im superior on the military side.. and they hate me for some reason (fanatic milary imperialist).. guess I could pay them a visit for their worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing : can you upgrade already existing spaceship? I researched new thrusters, I can design new ships with them, but my already existing army have old thruster, and even if I dock them in the spaceport, the upgrade button is gray saying no upgrade available.
    did you update the ship design to accomodate the upgraded thrusters, ships don't upgrade unless you change the ship design
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    it's easier imho, but you will be fighting alot more, at least I tend to fight alot more than in CK2

You can actually be extremely evil and enslave the whole galaxy if your people are tolerant enough (or did they change that already? Last time I checked, slaves couldn't take up arms and only non tolerant civs..eh..POPs would get mad at seeing Slaves

It is something I would've loved to do in CK2, if you go apeshit, you'll see rebellions everywhere, doesn't even matter if they can't muster up enough men to even hurt you. You know, as a God-King, you could most like enforce your will, no matter what.
    That's good to hear, for me at least. Will give it a try later.

Deleted
    This game is good but need a lot more depth and some adjustments.

Had to restart three times to undestand it well and the easier way to start seem to survey and colonize everything possible. I wasn't using sectors in my first two games and I was stuck with a small and weak kingdom; on my third game I started colonizing everything asap and making sectors and I'm 10 times bigger and stronger. After you get the technology to colonize different planet types and editing genes it becomes really really easy, I'm constantly stuck at max resources.

One of the things I don't get is why my sectors aren't building defences even after I told them to, looks like a bug or poor ai to me.

:/

One thing annoys me. I can't figure out some stuff. Some empires I could start a war with, but then this one is expanding into areas where I don't want them to...we both hate each other. They are not in alliance with any of races I'm allied with. Ect. Yet, I can't start a war with them to get rid of that expansion in middle of my territories.

Anyone know what could be the problem. There is no "Declare war" button when you communicate with them. I can insult them, ect. but not war.

EDIT: Could it possibly be because my empire is part of a federation? It would make sense that I can't go about starting wars unless others want it too?! If so... I probably can insult the "enemy" as much as I want... perhaps they commit suicide by attacking me and pulling the other huge empires to it too. Who knows... maybe they'll want it eventually too. The enemy is rather large and expanding a lot. They may become trouble.
    Last edited by Morae; 2016-05-11 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    did you update the ship design to accomodate the upgraded thrusters, ships don't upgrade unless you change the ship design
    Now I feel dumb... thank you lol!

You can shift queue multiple orders for ships, for example you can queue your exploration ship to survey multiple zones and you dont have to touch him unless he get attacked. Same for building stuffs in a new zone. The idea about frontier is to place a colony in their zone later on to get your influence back.

Quote Originally Posted by Clerigon View Post
    You can shift queue multiple orders for ships, for example you can queue your exploration ship to survey multiple zones and you dont have to touch him unless he get attacked. Same for building stuffs in a new zone. The idea about frontier is to place a colony in their zone later on to get your influence back.
    How do you queue orders? I tried Shift like in RTSs but it didn't work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    How do you queue orders? I tried Shift like in RTSs but it didn't work.
    Shift-right click works perfectly for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    :/

One thing annoys me. I can't figure out some stuff. Some empires I could start a war with, but then this one is expanding into areas where I don't want them to...we both hate each other. They are not in alliance with any of races I'm allied with. Ect. Yet, I can't start a war with them to get rid of that expansion in middle of my territories.

Anyone know what could be the problem. There is no "Declare war" button when you communicate with them. I can insult them, ect. but not war.

EDIT: Could it possibly be because my empire is part of a federation? It would make sense that I can't go about starting wars unless others want it too?! If so... I probably can insult the "enemy" as much as I want... perhaps they commit suicide by attacking me and pulling the other huge empires to it too. Who knows... maybe they'll want it eventually too. The enemy is rather large and expanding a lot. They may become trouble.
    Yes it is because your in a federation. Only the federation president can declare war.

Early game minerals are a big restrait but for me it quickly switched to energy credits being the limiting factor since every building and station requires them permanently and maintenance really starts piling up when you have a sprawling empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofe View Post
    You can delegate away management of all your planets except your homeworld, leaving you to deal with just your fleets (combat and civilian). Sector management will even build mining stations around stars in its territory but it will do so way to slow to rely on, so you need to do that yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    I find it a bit hard how to "control" the economy of the sectors. I'm not quite sure how giving something away will affect my economy since I only get a share of their resources (even tho I can somewhat adjust it). The thing about the sectors that annoy me more tho is that when I mouse over the map it doesn't tell me what sector things are in but instead just tell me that this is my space - I would have prefered if the tooltip also included what sector of space that is.
    In the bottom right is a checkmark that will add additional details to the galactic map, this includes displaying sector boundries.

I only used frontier outposts for very juicy resource systems that did not have a colonisable planet nearby.

A huge tip tho is that if you assign a frontier outpost to a sector, you no longer have to pay the influence cost (tho you obv lose a portion of the resources to the sector)

Thank for the infos, as of Sector.. are they those named star/zone (like Forbidden Nebula that I have not so far away) with negative "debuff"? Not sure I understand, sorry hehe
    You make sectors under the Empire managment screen. It gets explained by the tutorial once you reach 6 planets.
    The named zones on the galactic map are area's like nebula's which have negative effects on warp travel.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Shift-right click works perfectly for me!
    Strange. Gotta try that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Early game minerals are a big restrait but for me it quickly switched to energy credits being the limiting factor since every building and station requires them permanently and maintenance really starts piling up when you have a sprawling empire.
    Indeed it did. I have a 27k stack fleet I can't move anywhere outside sitting in orbit near a space port now without dropping about -50 deficit in EC each month. Fielding big fleets have a very real EC impact, which is nice. Being at war actually hurts economically to a big degree.

And on that note, the Unbidden appeared on the other side of the galaxy while I have no way to reach them, aside from carving my way through a big empire and a federation. I can probably get up to a ~70-80k doomstack given tech research and naval capacity, but the Unbidden will be covering like a 3rd of the map by the time I can start travelling the hyperlanes to shut down their portal and proceed with clean up efforts.

This'll be fun.

Perhaps they are willing to trade for a military access trough their systems. ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Perhaps they are willing to trade for a military access trough their systems. ?
    No way with how stingy that AI is.

That Igarian Guardians is a fallen empire, and the Nuurians used to be my allies. They stabbed me in the back against said federation previously by leaving the alliance mere moments after I helped them force their enemy (the federation) to cede 3 systems by doing all the heavy lifting. I sacked their home world with full orbital bombardment,which is why I have that blue bit sticking into the pink empire.

Relations are tense to say the least at this time.
    Last edited by zealo; 2016-05-12 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    You make sectors under the Empire managment screen. It gets explained by the tutorial once you reach 6 planets.
    The named zones on the galactic map are area's like nebula's which have negative effects on warp travel.
    Thank you sir/mam! I didnt reach this part of the tutorial.. guess I'm a bit behind/distracted by other stuff lol, have 2 frontiers but didnt colonise a new planet yet..only found 2 at 80% an 1 at 60%..oh well, the joy of being a noob! :P

- - - Updated - - -

This'll be fun.
    Awesome! How many hours played in that game do you have?