Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I can't think of a single reason to defend this feature. You can argue it's not a big deal or won't affect much, but actually agreeing with it...

these Blizzard white knights never cease to amaze me

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    People who are saying there won't be any tanks/heals are more retarded then this new "feature".

If you are fury warrior and queue as tank, you will be changed to tank for free once you enter the dungeon. And if you think people won't be tanks/heals with their guild because of this, then you are some special kind of people.
    Yeah, it makes perfect sense to only switch to another spec in a dungeon or raid... No need to actually play a healer or tank spec outside of an instance...

Are you for real? Yeah, it's nice that's it's free but there shouldn't be a cost at all. It's just another horrible design decision by Blizzard. Putting a pointless gold sink in where none is needed. And yes, this WILL reduce the number of healers and tanks, because players actually do play those specs outside of raids. But not if they're going to be punished for doing so.

Legion is basically the anti off-spec expansion.

That "Free-Change at Dungeon/Raid/PvP" works like "You want to tank in a LFD Hero? Here, you are switched from Tank to Fury at no costs".
    But, there are a few problems with that:

- What if im Fury, but like to PvP as Arms? Im DD as Fury and as Arms. So i have to PvP as Fury or i have to pay everytime i want to PvP at Arms. What about 3 DD-Classes? Im Firemage for PvE but want to do my Dailies on Ice and PvP as Arcane? I have to pay EVERY SINGLE TIME i change that.

I just see negativity in this "feature", before that i could at least switch between 2 speccs.

There is just no way to defend this unless your a blind blizz-fanboy...

I have two options:
    1) Quit this game, cuz healer - is my favourite role, but I prefer to do quests properly - i.e. as DPS. Also sometimes I like to tank. Blizzard don't need more healers and tanks? Blizzard don't need players, who are able to switch to another role, when queue times become too long? No? I guess, this is just stupidity.
    2) Level characters at 3rd server, so I'll have access to all 3 specs, as I have access to Quad-spec via having characters on 2 servers now. Demon Hunter has only 2 specs, which means there will be room for 2 Druids on 3rd server.

But... No. #2 is too stupid. #1 is better in this case, if we'll take into account, that flying will be removed in Legion too. I'd better wait till Wow will completely fair and go F2P.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2016-05-12 at 10:26 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I read that patch note as:

"Developing and testing your interface and bar configurations now has an increasing gold cost as punishment."

Good Lord Blizzard where is your common sense lately?
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

There's should be no cost, having cost for changing specs makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    That "Free-Change at Dungeon/Raid/PvP" works like "You want to tank in a LFD Hero? Here, you are switched from Tank to Fury at no costs".
    But, there are a few problems with that:

- What if im Fury, but like to PvP as Arms? Im DD as Fury and as Arms. So i have to PvP as Fury or i have to pay everytime i want to PvP at Arms. What about 3 DD-Classes? Im Firemage for PvE but want to do my Dailies on Ice and PvP as Arcane? I have to pay EVERY SINGLE TIME i change that.

I just see negativity in this "feature", before that i could at least switch between 2 speccs.

There is just no way to defend this unless your a blind blizz-fanboy...
    Spec = specialization. That mean you must specialize in something. If you can be whatever spec with no cost = there are no specializations at all.
    The biggest problem in my mind was introducing the dual spec. Yes it was convinient but it destroyed the whole meaning of specialization.
    Dual spec was introduced when it made sense with vanilla style talent trees. It was meant to be able to switch between pvp and pve specs. But after they change talents trees into "choose spec and we give you abilities"- the whole idea of dual speccing become suddenly wrong.

Asking for free respec = asking for free reclass but in lesser degree.
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-05-12 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    Spec = specialization. That mean you must specialize in something. If you can be whatever spec with no cost = there are no specializations at all.
    The biggest problem in my mind was introducing the dual spec. Yes it was convinient but it destroyed the whole meaning of specialization.
    Dual spec was introduced when it made sense with vanilla style talent trees. It was meant to be able to switch between pvp and pve specs. But after they change talents trees into specs - the whole idea of dual speccing is wrong.
    I specialized by choosing a class. I don't know where this idea that I have to specialize more (in order to what??? why??) even comes from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Why have this cost gold at all? Why discourage switching specs? They should remove the cost.
    Because of the fantasy thing - to make you identify with your spec. Either you are a arms warrior or a fury warrior.. Or a protection warrior. Not 2 or 3 of them.

If there will be free LFD/LFR respec to 1 spec - then I'll be fine with it, cuz then having characters on 2 servers will be enough.

But, as other people stated here, respeccing just to test your spec before queueing for LFD/LFR - will be paid??? Complete nonsense and BS. This will be nightmare for Blizzard themselves, as situations like "Please wait for 5 minutes - I need to set up my action bars/binds/addons/etc" will happen in LFD/LFR too often.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Because of the fantasy thing - to make you identify with your spec. Either you are a arms warrior or a fury warrior.. Or a protection warrior. Not 2 or 3 of them.
    I repeat, I specialized by choosing a class. I don't know where this idea that I have to specialize more (in order to what??? why??) even comes from. WTF.

I specialized by choosing a class. I don't know where this idea that I have to specialize more (in order to what??? why??) even comes from.
    It comes from vanilla wow. Dual spec ruined it.

It comes from vanilla wow. Dual spec ruined it.
    We aren't playing vanilla and being able to switch specs whenever and at no cost adds a lot to my gameplay. I don't know why switching specs is suddenly frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    Does anyone have any information about what this gold cost is, how it scales and whether or not there is a cap? I change specs constantly and don't much care for gold making so I hope this doesn't send me bankrupt.

I don't have Beta access so I can't test this myself.
    On the Alpha it was somthing like 16g for the 1st one and I think capped at 100g or that was just the highest it got for me. It was such a little amount that me on my Pally switching specs non-stop didn't notice the gold with only having 5000 gold (you start with 5k on Alpha). The gold I was making from just doing Heroic 5-mans was more than it cost me to switch specs every 2 or 3 runs.

even if it was 250 gold each time you want to swap specs. That is such a low amount of gold you honestly would never notice it is gone. You get like 80g each 5-man you run.
    Last edited by Xela903; 2016-05-12 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toolsv View Post
    Does anyone have any information about what this gold cost is, how it scales and whether or not there is a cap? I change specs constantly and don't much care for gold making so I hope this doesn't send me bankrupt.

I don't have Beta access so I can't test this myself.
    I remember hearing that it was going to be done through some reagent, like Tome of the Clear Mind or Dust of Disappearance, but I'm sure someone on Alpha can tell you more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    If there will be free LFD/LFR respec to 1 spec - then I'll be fine with it, cuz then having characters on 2 servers will be enough.

But, as other people stated here, respeccing just to test your spec before queueing for LFD/LFR - will be paid??? Complete nonsense and BS. This will be nightmare for Blizzard themselves, as situations like "Please wait for 5 minutes - I need to set up my action bars/binds/addons/etc" will happen in LFD/LFR too often.
    The game is going to remember your action bars and talent choices for every spec you set up. I think the cost is along the same mindset as changing glyphs or talents now: in fantasy terms you are using some magical process to retrain your mind to use the different spec. Think of it like Tome of the Clear Mind or some such.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Dual spec was introduced when it made sense with vanilla style talent trees. It was meant to be able to switch between pvp and pve specs. But after they change talents trees into "choose spec and we give you abilities"- the whole idea of dual speccing become suddenly wrong.

Asking for free respec = asking for free reclass but in lesser degree.
    Yeah, spec =/= class. Spec = role/playstyple change. Actually specs can be achieved via changing talents only, as it implemented in Wildstar for example, and talent change will be free in Legion. We don't have 34 different classes - we have 11, sorry.

Anyway, my choice - is to play all classes and spec. And I have only 3 specs rest, I've not player much - Discipline Priest, Arms Warrior and Combat Rogue. I'll change this situation it in a nearest future.

Well back in the Vanilla days you picked a spec and almost never changed from it. Mostly because the game had very bad design on balance and you just would never be able to raid as certain specs. Also because swapping from a Arms warrior to a prot warrior means you have to go auto attack shit for 1 or 2 hours to get weapon skills lvl'd up. But they did change this in Legion you pick a class and can freely swap specs beside from a minor gold cost that you never even notice.

We aren't playing vanilla and being able to switch specs whenever and at no cost adds a lot to my gameplay. I don't know why switching specs is suddenly frowned upon.
    We aren't but RPG always work that way. there is basic class and subtypes. In other non-mmo rpgs you could not change subtype at all. In MMO RPG changing subtype usually cost something (time or money). Introducing dual spec was convenient move, like LFR and LFD. But it ruined the rpg part of the game.

By the way. It really simple to make heal/tank specs work pretty well with questing. Just introduce outdoor buff to damage just for this specs and thats it.
    Last edited by lukoil; 2016-05-12 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I can't think of a single reason to defend this feature. You can argue it's not a big deal or won't affect much, but actually agreeing with it...

these Blizzard white knights never cease to amaze me
    Do you complain about buying reagents to change your glyphs? How is this different?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    The game is going to remember your action bars and talent choices for every spec you set up. I think the cost is along the same mindset as changing glyphs or talents now: in fantasy terms you are using some magical process to retrain your mind to use the different spec. Think of it like Tome of the Clear Mind or some such.
    Yeah, for example now, when I level and get new abilities - I always respec to set my action bars and test them. In Legion I'll have to do it right inside instance, when some "GO GO GO" mentality MOP-kid already pulls half of instance. No, thx.