Thread: Beta invites

7+ Year Old Account
    Waiting for the servers to come up in 10 hours
    |i7-6700k| |GTX 780 FTW Edition| |16GB Corsair DDR4| |ASUS Z170-A|

I forget if this has been addressed yet or not; are there people who have not already preordered Legion that got access into the beta?

Deleted
    So from the looks of it no need beta invites have went out so far lets hope some invites will start popping up in 4 ish hours when NA people get into work.

Quote Originally Posted by Propheteu View Post
    So from the looks of it no need beta invites have went out so far lets hope some invites will start popping up in 4 ish hours when NA people get into work.
    It's 7AM EST in NA so some people have already gone to work. Still 4AM for the West though.

If you got into the alpha, u get the beta right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    If you got into the alpha, u get the beta right ?
    If you can download something that says "PTR: Legion Alpha", then yeah.

nice, will we be able to copy our toons from the live servers this time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gulharum View Post
    If you can download something that says "PTR: Legion Alpha", then yeah.
    It's incredible how stupid people are. I mean.. if you see Legion: Alpha on your launcher you have to assume you will be in the beta as well... The same goes for people saying, Oh I see it says Legion: Alpha on my b.net, am I in?

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    nice, will we be able to copy our toons from the live servers this time ?
    Not initially.

Man I hate that I feel like a spoiled kid, but I am really going to unsubscribe until the next xpac now. Went thru a lot of garbage with them this expansion and have continued to subscribe, having 10 people I know that havent had any active game time for over a year get in is sorta meh. Again shows who ever is in charge of these things continues to overlook its current subscription base and continues to cater to getting people back, hard to be loyal and continue paying them when no loyalty seems to be returned. I dont even care that I didnt get it, but to spread it out beyond active customers is a bad plan considering the awful pr campaign that has been WOD. Very disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerbleeder View Post
    Well we do. FACT. Deal with it. Subs at a all time low. You better start listening to the great old ones or soon you will have no one to play with. FACT
    yeah I am a old school player too, so shove your self importance

Quote Originally Posted by ambio View Post
    Man I hate that I feel like a spoiled kid, but I am really going to unsubscribe until the next xpac now. Went thru a lot of garbage with them this expansion and have continued to subscribe, having 10 people I know that havent had any active game time for over a year get in is sorta meh. Again shows who ever is in charge of these things continues to overlook its current subscription base and continues to cater to getting people back, hard to be loyal and continue paying them when no loyalty seems to be returned. I dont even care that I didnt get it, but to spread it out beyond active customers is a bad plan considering the awful pr campaign that has been WOD. Very disheartening.
    I don't think it's a bad idea. If you look at it from a business perspective, why give beta access to players that are already paying money for subscriptions and preordered the expac? There's no extra money gained by giving them beta access. You could have a greater chance of getting people who are unsubscribed to come back to the game if you give them beta access so you can get their money. Business is business after all. In any case, I'm pretty sure it's random with only a few criteria regarding eligibility. I saw post recently that said basically "to be eligible for betas, you must have a full version of one of these three games: Diablo, WoW, or StarCraft."

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manisher View Post
    It's incredible how stupid people are. I mean.. if you see Legion: Alpha on your launcher you have to assume you will be in the beta as well... The same goes for people saying, Oh I see it says Legion: Alpha on my b.net, am I in?
    Unfortunatly the stupid players get to play the beta and we can't

I forget if this has been addressed yet or not; are there people who have not already preordered Legion that got access into the beta?
    I haven't pre-ordered.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    yeah I am a old school player too, so shove your self importance
    Agreed. I started in BC so I'm not quite that old, but still old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    I haven't pre-ordered.
    Ah okay cool. Thanks for that. Hopefully they'll send out another wave today, but I doubt it.

I hop i get an invite please blizz <3

I don't think it's a bad idea. If you look at it from a business perspective, why give beta access to players that are already paying money for subscriptions and preordered the expac? There's no extra money gained by giving them beta access. You could have a greater chance of getting people who are unsubscribed to come back to the game if you give them beta access so you can get their money. Business is business after all. In any case, I'm pretty sure it's random with only a few criteria regarding eligibility. I saw post recently that said basically "to be eligible for betas, you must have a full version of one of these three games: Diablo, WoW, or StarCraft."
    Because it erodes goodwill towards the company. You can't just keep taking taking taking from people, or their faith in you erodes to the point where they no longer buy your products. Blizzard have gone a very long way down this path, where me and nearly all of my friends have gone from auto-buying any blizzard product due them being an awesome game company, to now treating them like just another game company. Sure I might buy their games (I'm def in for Overwatch after trying the beta out), but there's a very good chance that I won't either (I haven't played any of the SC expansions despite loving SC1 and the SC2 vanilla game). This is especially bad because it will affect all future Blizz products. I'm a well paid 30 year old, I'm basically the perfect demographic for Blizz to get on as a brand champion, and they're pushing me away. You only have to look at the disdain that players have for the statements made by Blizz to realise just how far their brand has fallen, and it's things like this that hurt that reputation.

You can say that it doesn't cost them anything to invite non-wow subscribers, and that any of them converted are free wins, but it's really not true. Many people who are subscribers, the people paying the bills, are pissed about it. Many of those are looking at Legion and thinking "well WOD sucked, I'm not going to pre-order legion, I'll see how it goes before jumping in", and now you're not giving them a chance to see it for themselves, and you're pissing off people genuinely considering whether to purchase your game...not great.

So you gradually erode trust in your company, yes it's small, I think people quitting because of it is small, but I guarantee nearly every subscribed WoW player with an interest in legion that didn't get an invite (ie most of the population) is currently annoyed at Blizz. It also could very well hurt sales after a fairly lacklustre expansion where a lot of people got burnt.

Deleted
    so invites are still happening after yesterday or wha

Quote Originally Posted by Sando View Post
    You can't just keep taking taking taking from people
    They are not taking anything from you, beta access has never been a perk and they have said so many times over the years.

The fact that you think it should be doesn't change that.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Havn't pre-ordered, not even subscribed and I got into the beta yesterday so it doesn't seem like you need anything other than to be signed up for beta invites.