Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Well at least we know that you aren't new to "being Toxic member of community" :-)

I play this game for 12 years+
    I doubt that when we're at only the 10th anniversary and even with the Vanilla closed beta we don't go farther than 11-12.
    *tick "Full of shit" checkbox*

Levelling is not getting "nerfed", but you are getting more experienced as a player.
    It cannot be raised in difficulty to suit some minority with that long-term experience without being detrimental to those not.
    If the community would let it be that, it can still be a useful journey for players over which they have a steady increase in their toolkits.
    Just you are so hellbent on minimising your time spent in it, you have no consideration for the impact that has on players who could gain something from it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-12 at 01:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    geez the negativity

Dude has a point though.

Leveling is a gate before raiding, at least thats what it is currently, and once you reach max level the world is emptied and all prior content is rendered obsolete.

The barrens are empty and redundant at max level, as are every zone that isnt max level.

Leveling being a gate isnt very satisfying, so perhaps the system could be retired

But the does NOT mean that questing should be removed!!!

Imagine if instead of all old zones relegated to leveling quests, they were instead tailored as max level content? in this case, each zone could offer an epic item from questing through, and zones could be scaled based on their intended difficulty, such as icecrown being a very difficult zone thats terrifying to be in, meanwhile jade forest is now an introduction zone.

details havent been ironed out, but the concept has a ton of potential!
    Your actually on to something here, Since blizzard has phasing into their games.

Keep the low-level content and when you max level you can phase the game into the next level, like no Dalaran in Northrend, or Outland and Dreanor has merged something new.... And from Vanilla we go into Cata with new quests.

Make everything max level and have epic quests to attend and you could keep the original quests but have to defeat more difficult versions of the monsters of the quests that have appeared.

This serves 2 purposes not only does it make the old content relevant again...

Chances of Blizzard doing this? Put it in "WE might finish it later pile" and this really addresses the problem of making old content outdated, you really want this to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Sarcasm is on here right? One of the best parts about Vanilla was the leveling
    As long as you were not a warrior before level 40, in which case it sucked giant balls.
    Had 3 buttons, rend, overpower and heroic stirke. Slam was almost unusable due to the cast time. Then you finally reached level 40 and WOOH OOOH, MORTAL STRIKE. And then it was FOUR buttons.

Mage was pretty fun though, more toys to play with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I doubt that when we're at only the 10th anniversary and even with the Vanilla closed beta we don't go farther than 11-12.
    *tick "Full of shit" checkbox*
    Not like the Wow 10 year Anniversary was in 2014 Check your achievements mr Checkbox.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    As long as you were not a warrior before level 40, in which case it sucked giant balls.
    Had 3 buttons, rend, overpower and heroic stirke. Slam was almost unusable due to the cast time. Then you finally reached level 40 and WOOH OOOH, MORTAL STRIKE. And then it was FOUR buttons.

Mage was pretty fun though, more toys to play with.
    Overpower was a proc on yours dodge so calling it a button is an overstatement. Simply... It was Heroic Strike, Rend and white swing timer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleavestorm View Post
    Not like the Wow 10 year Anniversary was in 2014 Check your achievements mr Checkbox.

- - - Updated - - -

Overpower was a proc on yours dodge so calling it a button is an overstatement. Simply... It was Heroic Strike, Rend and white swing timer.
    Holy shit, right, my bad. *sigh* I'm old.

And yes, pretty much that about overpower, but I counted it cause well it was there, and sometimes you could click it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by luckydan79 View Post
    Your actually on to something here, Since blizzard has phasing into their games.

Keep the low-level content and when you max level you can phase the game into the next level, like no Dalaran in Northrend, or Outland and Dreanor has merged something new.... And from Vanilla we go into Cata with new quests.

Make everything max level and have epic quests to attend and you could keep the original quests but have to defeat more difficult versions of the monsters of the quests that have appeared.

This serves 2 purposes not only does it make the old content relevant again...

Chances of Blizzard doing this? Put it in "WE might finish it later pile" and this really addresses the problem of making old content outdated, you really want this to happen.
    Yeah, i mean all it is doing is essentially changing the rewards for questing from XP to max level power. I dont think that the game benefits from having 100 level gaps between new and old players, and i also dont think that having to level through every Xpac while not being able to even finish a zone because you outlevel it so fast is really appealing.

When wow first launched, the leveling part of the game, like all RPGs before, was kind of the main focus, then when raiding became the ultimate goal people rushed through the leveling parts to get to the raiding part. Some of players simply dont give a fuck about questing and just want to raid, while some are the opposite and dont give a fuck about raiding and just want to quest.

Also there are tons of cataclysm quests that i would actually like to do, but its not fun doing it on a max level character and its also kind of crappy trying to level these days as you outlevel zones so damn fast. I think that is possibly the worst part of cata, which is that they added in so much new content, but practically all of it was rendered obsolete on launch simply because it was low level and the entire leveling experience has been destroyed by XP boosts. If that content was made to be available to max level i think cata would have been rated a hell of alot higher than it was, as the max level zones werent as interesting as alot of the lower level zones...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Sarcasm is on here right? One of the best parts about Vanilla was the leveling
    Leveling itself or the slower paced questing?

Questing was a reward unto itself, now it has been relegated to a barrier to raiding...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Yeah, i mean all it is doing is essentially changing the rewards for questing from XP to max level power. I dont think that the game benefits from having 100 level gaps between new and old players, and i also dont think that having to level through every Xpac while not being able to even finish a zone because you outlevel it so fast is really appealing.

When wow first launched, the leveling part of the game, like all RPGs before, was kind of the main focus, then when raiding became the ultimate goal people rushed through the leveling parts to get to the raiding part. Some of players simply dont give a fuck about questing and just want to raid, while some are the opposite and dont give a fuck about raiding and just want to quest.

Also there are tons of cataclysm quests that i would actually like to do, but its not fun doing it on a max level character and its also kind of crappy trying to level these days as you outlevel zones so damn fast. I think that is possibly the worst part of cata, which is that they added in so much new content, but practically all of it was rendered obsolete on launch simply because it was low level and the entire leveling experience has been destroyed by XP boosts. If that content was made to be available to max level i think cata would have been rated a hell of alot higher than it was, as the max level zones werent as interesting as alot of the lower level zones...

- - - Updated - - -

Leveling itself or the slower paced questing?

Questing was a reward unto itself, now it has been relegated to a barrier to raiding...
    The leveling itself was great, even when you were stuck farming vulture's or naga's for 6 hours straight to get 2 levels because you ran out of quests Questing actually wasn't very rewarding at all, the literal rewards from quests were always useless, or for another attribute that you couldn't even us. Also the questing didn't reward much XP, you spent a lot of your time actually farming mobs when you would run out of quests for your level, which happened various times through the world.

Either way, leveling was awesome! I actually found leveling in WoD one of the best experiences yet, one of the few redeeming qualities of the xpack. It doesn't take very long + it immerses you into the game, you see areas you wouldn't normally see and gain a feel of your character with no skills/abilities etc.

No. Leveling is still big part of Wow. As I said in my other thread, most players don't need MMO - most players need Diablo-like solo leveling game. And, as one other players mentioned on official forum - currently there are more players leveling, than players at endgame. Just because my 1-60 DPS queue is instant even at 2am and my tank queue - is 20 minutes at 100lvl.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    No. Leveling is still big part of Wow. As I said in my other thread, most players don't need MMO - most players need Diablo-like solo leveling game. And, as one other players mentioned on official forum - currently there are more players leveling, than players at endgame. Just because my 1-60 DPS queue is instant even at 2am and my tank queue - is 20 minutes at 100lvl.
    If you play Wow as single player game once you hit max level the game is very dissapointing.

Lets not talk about most people lets talk facts: What happens when you ding new character today ?

- You geared with 700 ilvl gear from PVP and you want to do stuff in the end game currently
    - You don't have achievement "ahead the curve" so no pug will invite you even for Normal HFC because you are not overgearing the instance
    - No rated BG group will inv you because you don't have full conquest gear
    - You can't get upgrades from Tannan jungle
    - You can't get upgrades from LFR but you need to do LFR to get the legendary ring
    - Once you have legendary ring you will still not get inv because you don't have Tier set / Trinkets and all the things that produce 50% of your DPS so instead of 100k you will do 60k and everyone will blame you for bad DPS

I don't know if people see this, basically if you dinged your first char today you are locked out of playing the game in other way than steamrolling LFR. This is sad, trinkets and tiers are only dropping in raids and you can't get to a raid because you don't have them.

If i would be a new player right now in WoW i would thing this game is a real dogshit. And you all are part of the pool of people that flame "noobs" and create toxic extreme requirements.

It is jackshit that you need to have 715-730 ilvl avg for instance that drop 715 ilvl so effective requirement is for people to outgear content they will do. You really think this is good and welcoming to players ?

You can't even do old raid content because ilvl desparity is so big that it is an effective waste of time. In Wotlk at least people could buy valor gear, work towards something... currently if you got locked out of doing stuff all you can do is cry There is no real path to getting out of the shit hole and players you will meet will be only toxic to you.

Just think about new players experience... it isn't that great. I can toss Tier pieces of the window because i get them, but new players can't even dream about this. And this is the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many topic about removing stuff that there will be nothing left of the game at all.

EDIT:

Just noticed the Join Date, says enough i think.

I don't really like levelling, but I'd hate to see it go. Levelling is a core concept of the RPG Genre, removing it just takes WoW even closer to a MMOAG (Massively Multiplayer Online Action Game).

Deleted
    An alternative form of player progression other than levelling could be an interesting idea to explore in an MMO, and its been done before. Pre-NGE Galaxies was famed for its unusual skill based levelling system. EVE Online has a skill based system which means that you can pretty much go anywhere and try your hand at anything out of the gate. A WoW style MMORPG with a levelling system outside of the normal 'kill things to get XP' would be interesting, but not in WoW. There would be no way to hack WoW into working with a completely different progression mechanic like this. Maybe in a new game, but Blizzard have canned Project Titan so its unlikely we'll see something like this from Blizzard any time soon, and if it did I have a horrible feeling we'd just get something watered down and F2P.

Deleted
    Remove people from WoW that want to remove things from WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Are you crazy? leveling is the best part of WoW!

Not needed at all, lvling is good

Deleted
    Actually, it should be reversed - Leveling should be a much bigger part of WoW and should take a whole lot longer than what it does right now. Ion stated on the recent Dev Update that they aren't happy with the way that you oneshot mobs and they don't even get to come remotely close to the player before dying. You also outlevel the current zone by miles before you've even finished the story.

It's an RPG ffs not some facebook game, leveling should be a big and integrated part of playing WoW. It's a joke how it takes like 5 hours to ding max level with each expansion. The game shouldn't be centered around altoholics, it should be centered around onetime playthough. I don't care if you have to sit and spend weeks leveling all your shitty alts, if you want to rush to max level with them, go buy a god damn boost.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    How about we remove raiding instead, more people level than raid.
    Bad logic... everyone has to level because of how the game is structured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so hellbent on removing things in this game? Like seriously what will removing content do for this game other than make it smaller and even more boring? Instead of just getting rid of things because you think they are pointless or just because you don't like them why can't people come up with ideas to improve on leveling? No lets just get rid of it entirely. That'll bring WoW back to it's former glory.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

remove OP from wow plz.