Thread: Legion Transmog

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    A few questions I would like clarified if possible:

1. If you own a tier piece, will this also unlock any existing lookalike, or do I specifically need to collect the lookalike in order for the set to be usable by characters of a different class? Should we preferentially collect lookalikes because they can be used more widely, or that isn't necessary?

2. What's the new system for obtaining old PvP items? I saw they introduced some consolidated items that unlock *all* set and weapon appearances... Are these cheap, are they expensive? Do they cost gold, or a new PvP currency? Is it worth collecting PvP mogs in advance, using the current honor system, or is it better to just wait? If I already have a partial collection, can I still buy individual items, or will bundles be the only option?

3. Do unlocked mogs have a level restriction? Or can you use them freely on lower level alts? Can you at least use some of them? I understand there is some animosity towards this subject, seeing how most raid sets are "too cool" or "silly" for a lowbie to use, but on the other hand many lower profile sets would be very suitable, including the class sets from the Salvage Yard, which arbitrarily require level 100.

4. Can you "save" transmogs based on spec? Or you still need to apply them over specific gear like we do now?
    1) Unlocking an appearance will unlock everything that shares that specific appearance. Not every item that uses that model (unlocking a regular mode tier piece is not going to unlock the higher or lower difficulty pieces) but every item that uses that exact texture/color palette. When you open the wardrobe and hover over an unlocked appearance, the tooltip will list every other item in the game that shares that appearance. However class restrictions do still apply to the wardrobe. For example, a Demon Hunters starting leather quest gear is not available to rogues, druid, or monks. And vice versa.

2) I havent looked at pvp gear yet with regards to the wardrobe so i cannot comment.

3) Again, i havent looked at this because all the template characters start at level 100. It should be easy enough to test though as you can create L1 characters.

4) Yes, the wardrobe allows you to save appearance sets. And you can "attach" certain sets to certain specs. Though i believe all of this must be done at an actual transmog vendor rather than just anywhere using your wardrobe pane.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-09 at 02:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    1) Unlocking an appearance will unlock everything that shares that specific appearance. Not every item that uses that model (unlocking a regular mode tier piece is not going to unlock the higher or lower difficulty pieces) but every item that uses that exact texture/color palette. When you open the wardrobe and hover over an unlocked appearance, the tooltip will list every other item in the game that shares that appearance. However class restrictions do still apply to the wardrobe. For example, a Demon Hunters starting leather quest gear is not available to rogues, druid, or monks. And vice versa.
    Going to add something here, cause it would be misleading to the one you answered to.

If you got the Tier (class especific item) you won't unlock the same look on another character that uses the same armor type even if there exist a look-alike of that item, cause that item is class especific, so you would need the look-alike item to unlock it in the other character.

Question:
    If a Hunter buys a piece of armor made for a paladin (like a plate belt), can the paladin use the belt armor for the legion transmogging?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Question:
    If a Hunter buys a piece of armor made for a paladin (like a plate belt), can the paladin use the belt armor for the legion transmogging?
    No, the hunter needs to be able to equip the item to unlock it, if he gets a 2-handed weapon (anything that is not a mace), they will unlock it for himself and the pala but not the gear (cause mail and plate don't go together)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man...I've been down on Legion because of their shitty customer service with the Alpha class testers, but if I do buy, the transmog thing's going to eat way more of my time than I should admit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Oh man...I've been down on Legion because of their shitty customer service with the Alpha class testers, but if I do buy, the transmog thing's going to eat way more of my time than I should admit.
    *Look at my history of post in the transmog area*

I don't get it, itsn't wow about transmog only?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Going to add something here, cause it would be misleading to the one you answered to.

If you got the Tier (class especific item) you won't unlock the same look on another character that uses the same armor type even if there exist a look-alike of that item, cause that item is class especific, so you would need the look-alike item to unlock it in the other character.
    Thank you both for replying. So, I got a hold of this screenshot of the Wardrobe interface:

It shows the one Warlock tier chest and the two existing lookalikes under one single "look".

My theory/hope was that once you unlocked the "look" (which could be done with the tier as well), it unlocked the whole thing... so as long as there was an item on that list without class restrictions, you could transmog that "look" on any character with that armor proficiency. It would be, basically, as if you collected all the items listed under the "look". Are you saying it does not work like that?

If so, if you have collected the Robes of Thousandfold Hells, will the item tooltip let you know you didn't collect the appearance when, say, Robes of Mutagenic Blood drops? Or will it say you did, because they are technically the same "look"? It could create confusion.

Personally, I would like tier to unlock everything, because otherwise lookalikes become implicitly more valuable on mog runs. Before, I would pass on lookalikes for my class armor, because I knew I could get the tier much easier, but this way you will always be encouraged to roll on lookalikes simply because they unlock the "look" to a wider range of characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Thank you both for replying. So, I got a hold of this screenshot of the Wardrobe interface:

It shows the one Warlock tier chest and the two existing lookalikes under one single "look".

My theory/hope was that once you unlocked the "look" (which could be done with the tier as well), it unlocked the whole thing... so as long as there was an item on that list without class restrictions, you could transmog that "look" on any character with that armor proficiency. It would be, basically, as if you collected all the items listed under the "look". Are you saying it does not work like that?

If so, if you have collected the Robes of Thousandfold Hells, will the item tooltip let you know you didn't collect the appearance when, say, Robes of Mutagenic Blood drops? Or will it say you did, because they are technically the same "look"? It could create confusion.

Personally, I would like tier to unlock everything, because otherwise lookalikes become implicitly more valuable on mog runs. Before, I would pass on lookalikes for my class armor, because I knew I could get the tier much easier, but this way you will always be encouraged to roll on lookalikes simply because they unlock the "look" to a wider range of characters.
    As far as i know, yes, it does not work like that, the item would appear as collected only in the character that can equip the item (so if its a tier item, then only the class that can equip it will get the looks unlocked), so yeah, that would make lookalike a little more valuable than tier items

Note: I may be wrong (and i hope i am but, sadly, i doubt it)

I have a question about the wardrobe: i'm busy levelling a horde warrior after playing Alliance since i started playing, so when Legion hits, can quest rewards that i get on my alt be used for transmogging by my Alliance warrior main?

I'm just talking about regular quest rewards here, not rep-items with "Can only be equipped by [list of horde races]" in the tooltip.

Second question: i read that warriors will use plate from level 1 in Legion, with level<40 STR-mail items being changed to plate, so can i assume that any matching questrewards i get now will be changed over?

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    So if you don't complete Loremaster (or all the reward giving quests) pre Legion, you'll have to do them when Legion launches on even more toons since you won't unlock the "other" rewards a quest used to give.
    That is what I'm getting at.

I mean, it doesn't hurt to do it now. If you get all of the items unlocked, like that link/image I posted says what will happen, then you're golden but if it only unlocks the items you can wear anyways, well no harm done cause you would've had to do it on your other toons anyways.

Well, from the beta patch notes:

When first logging into a character after Patch 7.0, the appearances of appropriate items in your bags, bank, and Void Storage are learned automatically. Additional appearances will be unlocked based on previously-completed quests.

So, complete loremaster BEFORE 7.0

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Well, from the beta patch notes:

When first logging into a character after Patch 7.0, the appearances of appropriate items in your bags, bank, and Void Storage are learned automatically. Additional appearances will be unlocked based on previously-completed quests.

So, complete loremaster BEFORE 7.0
    It still says appropriate items

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they won't make us do loremaster 4*2 times to unlock all those appearances.

Come legion you will not be offered any armors that are inappropriate for your class. So there is no opportunity to unlock those. I tested this on alpha by going back to Hellfire Penninsula and doing some of the quests that used to offer a selection of four different types of armors. Now they only offer the one piece for your class.
    That is pretty terrible if it goes live. There are tons of cool and unique items from TBC quests that I routinely pick on alts for RP reasons, even when they're not of the character's intended armour type. My hype for the wardrobe just keeps getting eroded away the more I hear about all of these awful restrictions they're putting on it. I cannot for the life of me understand why it doesn't just work like the excellent system in Diablo III.

The devs seem to be making every effort to make the WoW wardrobe intentionally worse, and it's immensely frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by chalon9 View Post
    It still says appropriate items
    Yea, for items in your possession, but 'additional appearances' will be unlocked from quests.

Either way, doing loremaster now.

It better work like that, otherwise fuck doing quests 2-8 more times lol
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2016-05-12 at 03:19 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Conditions for unlocking items in the wardrobe:

Weapons.
    1) Weapon must be equippable by the character in order for it to unlock.

Armor
    1) Armor Piece must be equippable by character. AND...
    2) Armor piece must fit character's class-based armor proficiency.

Raid drops & Vendor Items
    1) Obtaining a raid drop or purchasing an item from a vendor will temporarily unlock that appearance in the wardrobe for two hours.
    2) Attempting to trade the raid drop to another eligible member of your raid team or attempting to sell an item back to the vendor before that two hours has elapsed will remove the items appearance from your wardrobe.
    3) Making that item soulbound, by adding an enchant or placing the item into void storage will permanently unlock the appearance in your wardrobe.

BoEs
    1) BoE items must be equipped (and thereby soulbound) before the appearance will unlock. There will be no sharing of items.
    2) In the case BoE armor items, the class armor proficiency restrictions still apply.

General Conditions
    1) Race, Class, Level, and Faction restrictions seem to still apply.

Anyone expecting to roll a warrior and just unlock everything they touch is going to be disappointed.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-12 at 01:36 PM.

I'm a bit late to the discussion here but had a question -

Has Blizzard announced if there's going to be a way to unlock items that are missing from item sets?

There's a lot of different sets or colour variations of sets where one or two or more items didnt ever make it in to the game. Considering Blizzard is laying things out as full outfits, I'm wondering if they're going to be running through old sets to see if there are items they need to add, or work out some other systems like "unlock 4 of a set, get other items unlocked if they don't exist"
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    You're missing my point.

Quest completed now, will unlock all of the items, but if I go back and do old quests AFTER legion. Will all of the items unlock or just the one appropriate for me?

Meaning, finishing loremaster now, skipping the quest multiple times for the different items, or don't worry about it and continue at my own pace?
    Those items relevant to you will count on past or future quests.
    That has been clarified by blizzard.
    Unsuitable items shouldn't be added on old quests.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I have a question about the wardrobe: i'm busy levelling a horde warrior after playing Alliance since i started playing, so when Legion hits, can quest rewards that i get on my alt be used for transmogging by my Alliance warrior main?

I'm just talking about regular quest rewards here, not rep-items with "Can only be equipped by [list of horde races]" in the tooltip.

Second question: i read that warriors will use plate from level 1 in Legion, with level<40 STR-mail items being changed to plate, so can i assume that any matching questrewards i get now will be changed over?
    If the quest is faction, class or race restricted then the reward will be as well possibly.
    If the quest is available to both with the same rewards, then I am not so sure.

If you have in mind a specific quest, then go to legion.wowhead.com and look up the quest reward itself.
    It will have such restrictions on the item itself should that be the case for the wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I'm a bit late to the discussion here but had a question -

Has Blizzard announced if there's going to be a way to unlock items that are missing from item sets?

There's a lot of different sets or colour variations of sets where one or two or more items didnt ever make it in to the game. Considering Blizzard is laying things out as full outfits, I'm wondering if they're going to be running through old sets to see if there are items they need to add, or work out some other systems like "unlock 4 of a set, get other items unlocked if they don't exist"
    Appearances for the most part are going to be gained from actual items.
    If those appearances do not have an actual source in-game then likely not.
    Ensembles however do grant multiple appearances directly from my understanding, as an alternative reward instead of individual items at once.
    It is possible that blizzard may complete partial sets with an ensemble reward from some source.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-12 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post

Yes, excluding those that are faction specific (like the Argent Tournament items)

Yes, also that means that many sets that from lvl 1 tp 40 that were only mail, now are also plate (so there are even more transmog options for you now!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Still unsure of how these rules work, so i'll throw an example from how I'm understanding it.

I have Vinewrapped Greatword in my Warrior's bank, currently soulbound. Come Legion, will my Death Knight, who can also use two-handed swords, gain the appearance of Vinewrapped Greatsword aslwell?
    Yes

If I gain the appearance of Vinewrapped Greatsword on my Warrior, would said Warrior also gain the Serrated Void Crystal appearance aswell. They use the same appearance, but different color.
    No, you would need to get the Serrated Voic Cyrstal too in any character that can equip it before getting the appearance