Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Well if the DKs on my raid team were as cynical and negative as you, we wouldn't bring you either. FFS, they're not even done balancing yet, and the hybrid tax has been gone for years. You have no way of knowing where you'll fall on the charts, and you don't seem to have much sense of the utility (or lack thereof) other classes bring.
    ^
    Good answer. I like you
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    Looking towards how legion raiding will play out, as for mythic raiding and being capped to 20 players, why bring DK DPS? We lose grip, and provide basically zero utility outside of bres, which can be done by other classes with more utility. Our DPS will inevitably be lower than pures, so what do we have that makes us useful in mythics?
    Welcome to being an enhance shaman for many many years.

Still not gonna matter much, picking a pure dps class is almost always the best idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    Lmao
    To OP: "Bring the player, not the class" Also, who on Earth from Blizzard called you and told you that DK dps will be shitty??
    i dont believe that horse shit anymore. guilds bring 19 mages and a tank and wreck shit for fun. we are 12/13 M and working on Archie as the other guy but have 2 shadow priests. shadow priests fucking suck. the summer pre xpac roster boss is winning so work with what you have....
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    i dont believe that horse shit anymore. guilds bring 19 mages and a tank and wreck shit for fun. we are 12/13 M and working on Archie as the other guy but have 2 shadow priests. shadow priests fucking suck. the summer pre xpac roster boss is winning so work with what you have....
    Not to talk down to you, but who told you they are bad? They're pretty good right now. Unless it's ofcourse some very specific utility you need

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Not to talk down to you, but who told you they are bad? They're pretty good right now. Unless it's ofcourse some very specific utility you need
    to be fair most people dont mean "they cannot complete content on this spec" what they mean is "its less DPS than the majority of specs" equal gear and skill (or reasonably the same lvls for those that want to be argumentative) Spriets would be "bad" under those comparisons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    to be fair most people dont mean "they cannot complete content on this spec" what they mean is "its less DPS than the majority of specs" equal gear and skill (or reasonably the same lvls for those that want to be argumentative) Spriets would be "bad" under those comparisons.
    But beasty on the one fight they've reached. Crazy good on Archimonde.

Damn did they remove aoe grip for frost and uh?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Damn did they remove aoe grip for frost and uh?
    Yes, Blood still has Gorefiends but Unholy and Frost lost in in favor of other forms of utility

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Yes, Blood still has Gorefiends but Unholy and Frost lost in in favor of other forms of utility
    Lets be real, losing Gorefiend's was mostly a prune.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    Lets be real, losing Gorefiend's was mostly a prune.
    I don't really overall care that we lost it. It was a crutch that we had to rely on for too long. It was honestly the only reason we had been taken to raid, for a long while. In it's place we got lots of other tools, and also we look to be tuned a lot better than we have been in recent past "knocks on wood" so hopefully we can just be taken because we are well, strong.

I don't really overall care that we lost it. It was a crutch that we had to rely on for too long. It was honestly the only reason we had been taken to raid, for a long while. In it's place we got lots of other tools, and also we look to be tuned a lot better than we have been in recent past "knocks on wood" so hopefully we can just be taken because we are well, strong.
    Tuning across the board should be better. I'm less convinced of the "other tools" we got. Unholy can maybe make that argument, but Frost seems mostly worse off in terms of utility. Tier 60 is mostly meh, and the best ability on there for raiding is a demonstrably worse version of a talent in WoD that I still always opted for Gorefiend's over.

Gorefiends is just a cool/unique ability, and I like anything that makes DKs more appealing to bring to raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Icedcoffeee View Post
    Tuning across the board should be better. I'm less convinced of the "other tools" we got. Unholy can maybe make that argument, but Frost seems mostly worse off in terms of utility. Tier 60 is mostly meh, and the best ability on there for raiding is a demonstrably worse version of a talent in WoD that I still always opted for Gorefiend's over.

Gorefiends is just a cool/unique ability, and I like anything that makes DKs more appealing to bring to raids.
    Which is why we still have Death Grip as our unique tool, and then on top of it a lot of different forms of utility. Yes, they overlap a bit with other classes but that doesn't mean "omg we're the worst for the job". Corpse Shield is pretty solid for what it is, Mirror Ball has it's strengths, and in general the other talents we have are good utility.

Just because it isn't unique doesn't mean it's not needed, or important. Each class more or less get's it's one unique utility now, they cut out on everybody having everything.

I'd say, that's fine. If you lose me as a raider, you also lose two 2300+ RBG healers. The choice is yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I'd say, that's fine. If you lose me as a raider, you also lose two 2300+ RBG healers. The choice is yours.
    Seeing as few guilds delve into both sides of this, wouldn't be a worry for most people.
    Also it's so cute when people are like "lose me lose these people too"

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    Looking towards how legion raiding will play out, as for mythic raiding and being capped to 20 players, why bring DK DPS? We lose grip, and provide basically zero utility outside of bres, which can be done by other classes with more utility. Our DPS will inevitably be lower than pures, so what do we have that makes us useful in mythics?
    Pure vs. Hybrid doesn't exist anymore.

Please stop.

Since you cannot TANK and DPS at the same time, they removed this as a problem, and their ULTIMATE goal is to balance all ROLES within 5% of each other.

So, when you see someone doing 100k DPS, and you're doing 96k, don't get mad. When you see a class doing 110k, and you're doing 85k, then it's time to bitch.

Also it's so cute when people are like "lose me lose these people too"
    Well, my alts. If I included other people, who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Yeah. These threads always kill me. Like, what raid leader, outside of the VERY BEST, world first guilds, actually sit, or reject players due to class? Like, i can imagine a few classes being desirable, but that still leaves like 90% of a raid, and player skill will always be a bigger factor than anything else. Just a dumb argument all round, that 99.99% of the player base doesn't need to concern themselves with.
    well, i'd go for a balance. depending on raid size i won't take multiples of a class unless they provide something. That was my logic for HSoO at least. now with personal loot and other changes, i'd still go for a balance and not overload on 1 class. if the person behind the toon can play well, they'll go. I took WoD off because HSoO burnt me out. Really looking forward to going at it again in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Well, my alts. If I included other people, who knows.
    Ah, easy misunderstanding then. In this case it makes sense, you lose the main you lose the alts. Just I've seen a lot of people come in have friends come in with them and then if something goes wrong like they sit a lot or such they say the whole "you know if I leave they do too". Though then it's best when the friends don't leave with them

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care really. I love frost and look forward to raiding as a frost dk. The UH alpha footage just us not appealing to me personally.

If it's real bad, then survival hunter it is!
    Filthy Casual