Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I think he should release them. As I have stated before. But it is not a major issue the left /Hillary supporters want to make it out to be. The issues are.
    For the records, it's been the right that made an issue out of it at first.
    The issue came up on the debate stage month ago.
    The left didn't care at that point at all about it.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Sadly like a fiddle.
    My fiance and I have talked about me getting into politics. Doing the whole God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology shtick that the conservatives around here greedily lap up any chance they get. Getting elected and actually doing some good instead of the usual poisoning constituents for profit or forcing young girls to carry the product of rape and incest to term. She thinks I couldn't keep up the unhinged facade. She's probably right
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    J
    Comparing Trumps tax returns to Clintons speech transcripts is comparing apples with oranges.
    Apples with Apples and Oranges with Oranges is the correct approach.
    Apples = Taxes
    Oranges = Transcripts
    Indeed. There is not a forty-year history of people running for president turning over their emails (or time-based equivalent) nor speeches to the public. Neither of which, by the way, put them under oath.

There is a forty-year history of people running for president turning over their tax returns to the public. For which they are under oath.

The transcripts of Wall Street speeches might make Clinton look like a hypocrite. The tax returns would provide 100% proof of such.

Also, Trump has said that Clinton shouldn't run for President while under federal investigation. Then refuses to turn over his tax returns because he's being audited. Which is a federal investigation. He calls the audit routine (why wouldn't he, he's been audited every year for 12 years. How incompetent is he at filing taxes anyhow?) which isn't helping matters, but if this really is such a "nothing" audit, then what's the holdup? Either releasing his tax records could get him into serious trouble -- legal or otherwise -- or they wouldn't. His desire to withhold them implies the former.

And no, "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply to people who asked Romney to reveal his taxes in 2012.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For the records, it's been the right that made an issue out of it at first.
    The issue came up on the debate stage month ago.
    The left didn't care at that point at all about it.
    They do now. lol!

7+ Year Old Account
    IF there's a situation where the IRS audits over a decade long of tax declarations at the same time, then there's highly likely some huge problem with it. Otherwise, they'd review year by year by year.
    He could easily release tax returns from former years, and say leave the last 2 - 3 years out for now.
    That would definitely take the wind out of the whole storm it might cause if he doesn't release anything.
    Yup. The topping on the cake is his desperate claims that there is nothing to learn from the returns and voters aren't interested in them. Because as you say if he is really being audited for 12 years there's some interesting things in them returns.

- - - Updated - - -

I think he should release them. As I have stated before. But it is not a major issue the left /Hillary supporters want to make it out to be. The issues are.

- - - Updated - - -

No it is not. Repeating what someone says can also be a hype response. Anyone with common sense knows it was not to be taken seriously.
    Yes it is. And he believes it matters not what he does his supporters will still support him. That's the point and why he "told" the story.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvethirty View Post
    What platform? Say what your crowd wants to hear at the moment in order to get votes?
    I posted both Hillary and Trump platform for you already. But, here they are again:

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

This is an actual record for what both specifically outline. Not rhetoric at the moment, but their actual defined policy. As I said, I am fine with you thinking that Hillary's are bullshit. But, as I pointed out already, I am asking you to read Trump's, without saying he is making it up as he goes along. Unlike Hillary, you don't have to say Trump is making it up as he goes along to make his policy look bad. They are horrible, without any catch... Me being against Trump is not based on me claiming he lied or his policy is too good to be true, it's pointing to his actual defined policy.

Check my post history if you don't believe me. When I'm saying Trump is a horrible candidate, I don't point to the media or blame banks. I point to his own site and YouTube page...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    And one of the issues is the veracity of the candidates.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did not say it like you suggest. He said someone had said it.
    Here is the video from Jan 24th. He says the polls say he could do this. However...where was the poll, from before Jan 24th, that asked this question? Or is this Trump's interpretation of his poll standings, and therefore, that he did say it?

Oh wait, he said later he was joking. There was no poll. He wasn't quoting someone. He was, in fact, saying he could do it. There was no twisting of facts here. Well, not by Pangean, anyhow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    My fiance and I have talked about me getting into politics. Doing the whole God, Guns, Gays and Gynecology shtick that the conservatives around here greedily lap up any chance they get. Getting elected and actually doing some good instead of the usual poisoning constituents for profit or forcing young girls to carry the product of rape and incest to term. She thinks I couldn't keep up the unhinged facade. She's probably right
    Lol. I would love to see this happen. But as you say it takes a special kind of liar to lie like that. You would be making shifting positions on the same subjects as you don't really believe in them. Hmmmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is. And he believes it matters not what he does his supporters will still support him. That's the point and why he "told" the story.
    I want to see what happens when he calls out Hillary for her Goldman Sachs connection, as he did with Cruz. Now that his self financing is gone and he hired a former Goldman Sachs partner as his campaign finance manager. Now he has a campaign manager who is a former Koch brothers booster for Prosperity for America super pac, while being anti-establishment. As well as a campaign finance manager who is a former Goldman Sachs partner, while being anti-Wallstreet.

http://youtu.be/spo1jK4CCEU
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol. I would love to see this happen. But as you say it takes a special kind of liar to lie like that. You would be making shifting positions on the same subjects as you don't really believe in them. Hmmmm.
    Please say I just inspired you. Pangean 4 prez 2024!!!!11!1!
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Please say I just inspired you. Pangean 4 prez 2024!!!!11!1!
    Sadly for the country I am not native born. I will just have to be the power behind the throne.

It matters when he demands other release their tax returns which he has done. I don't expect Trump supporters to understand this. But you aren't the ones that matter here. As he said his supporters will support him even if he killed someone. It's all the other folks he needs to win an election. And yeah him not paying his taxes and hiding things will matter. Him not being worth what he claims will matter.
    Legally getting around paying less taxes does not matter. Again, show me someone who does not try to reduce their taxes. Him not being worth what he claims does not mean shit in the long run. The whole releasing tax returns for candidates is silly if you ask me. What are you hoping to get from it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Legally getting around paying less taxes does not matter. Again, show me someone who does not try to reduce their taxes. Him not being worth what he claims does not mean shit in the long run. The whole releasing tax returns for candidates is silly if you ask me. What are you hoping to get from it?
    Have I been unclear here? I expect him to do what he asks from others. I expect him not to be a raging hypocrite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Here is the video from Jan 24th. He says the polls say he could do this. However...where was the poll, from before Jan 24th, that asked this question? Or is this Trump's interpretation of his poll standings, and therefore, that he did say it?

Oh wait, he said later he was joking. There was no poll. He wasn't quoting someone. He was, in fact, saying he could do it. There was no twisting of facts here. Well, not by Pangean, anyhow.
    I watched the video. He was saying as if he could to show how loyal his supporters are and there is a suggestion ," it is like they are saying I could shoot someone and they still would support me ". So I take back that about Pangean trying to twist the facts, but it was not a serous remark, but a silly statement to how loyal some of his supporters are. Still no big deal for a lot of people apparently . As millions have voted for him and will this Nov.

- - - Updated - - -

Have I been unclear here? I expect him to do what he asks from others. I expect him not to be a raging hypocrite.
    But you support Hillary?

- - - Updated - - -

And one of the issues is the veracity of the candidates.
    This one is not that big of one for a lot people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this the same guy that requested the current president releases his birth certificate? What a hypocritical cunt. So glad someone as retarded as him is aloud to run for president. #idiocracy2016
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

7+ Year Old Account
    But you support Hillary?

This one is not that big of one for a lot people.
    Nope. Not a Hillary supporter.

Yeah Trump supporters apparently do not care for veracity. Something they should be ashamed of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Not a Hillary supporter.

Yeah Trump supporters apparently do not care for veracity. Something they should be ashamed of.
    Good to know. I have more respect for you now. lol.

The choices are shitty this time for sure. It is like choosing to have the runs or be constipated. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe trump realizes that best case his taxes will just be something the left/msnbc/Romney/#nevertrump people will twist to attack him on all the way to November (even if there aren't any major surprises to be found). The flak he gets from not releasing it is probably much less then if he does. Obviously if you don't like trump you will find this as highly egregious and more validation that Trump is terrible and shouldn't be president.

I think id be more interested in a full audit of the Clinton foundation and who and how much is donating to that.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to know. I have more respect for you now. lol.

The choices are shitty this time for sure. It is like choosing to have the runs or be constipated. :P
    Closer to the runs or ebola. While both are bad, I have yet to see anything substantive to suggest that they are equally bad.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-