Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    I've no idea what theirs set bonus is, but does it really worth losing thousands of primary/secondary stats from proper items over it?
    The idea of set swapping is, that you have this and a proper set of gear, and a macro that swaps those sets. You ask for a long enough pull timer, cast something that proccs the bonus and press the macro before entering combat. Thus you gain the bonus on the pull and can keep all the stats of your current gear.

Just re-enable them for timewalking, and then this fix is perfectly fine for me.

I've no idea what theirs set bonus is, but does it really worth losing thousands of primary/secondary stats from proper items over it?
    It is when it involves not even losing those stats to begin with because you unequip it before the pull.

15+ Year Old Account
    How does Blizz expect ppl to do TW when ppl arnt there to carry?

Have fun doing places like Endtime with raidfinder gear/players. thank god i got my timereaver already
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Really - the BIS list for timewalking always seemed like BS to me - half of the players are complaining about the game being too easy, but on the other hand they are collecting old sets to make easy even easier?

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    ... then what's the point of holding onto them anyways? It also wouldn't surprise me if this new rule only applied to max level characters, that way you can still use them for leveling
    I, like many others, LOVE Timewalking Dungeons. IF they expand upon them - which why wouldn't they - then these older sets become even more sought after.

I personally hate wasting any content - it's not enough to put a vanity pet in old raids, but having people farm BiS is just another way to play WoW.

Nix bonuses from Raid Instances, problem fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Really - the BIS list for timewalking always seemed like BS to me - half of the players are complaining about the game being too easy, but on the other hand they are collecting old sets to make easy even easier?
    Timewalking dungeons really were never hard. I found it to be a fun outlet to make silly OP combinations of old gear. The difficulty was never a factor for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    can't have too much fun aye?

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    How does Blizz expect ppl to do TW when ppl arnt there to carry?

Have fun doing places like Endtime with raidfinder gear/players. thank god i got my timereaver already
    I carry groups just fine and I've never used anything but current raid gear (Heroic/Mythic) for Timewalking. <.<

RIP Herald of the titans
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjaeden View Post
    I, like many others, LOVE Timewalking Dungeons. IF they expand upon them - which why wouldn't they - then these older sets become even more sought after.

I personally hate wasting any content - it's not enough to put a vanity pet in old raids, but having people farm BiS is just another way to play WoW.

Nix bonuses from Raid Instances, problem fixed.
    To be honest they will most likely change it to raids only before release. They tested blocked set bonuses in WoD with certain, or possibly even all PvP set bonuses not working in Challenge Modes. I wouldn't be surprised if they revert the completely disabled change and specify it a bit more. They're normally pretty good with this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Pretty much this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BSWSBKrYkA

Mages with t12 4set precasting some spell and then having infinite piroblast or something like that.

I see Mr French Canadian Jeejoo there.

Herald of the Titans doesn't require set bonuses. It requires that people can find enough level 80 characters, figure out how to equip gear that is below the max ilevel requirement, and have a basic understanding of the fight. Pretty sure we decked a set of toons out in proper gear and got best possible consumables and went... holy crap... that's it? I was even on my back up toon that was wearing some random greens because her gear was toon good (paladin abandoned after server transfer). My shaman was saved for the week and we had numbers. I was brought for the button labeled "aura mastery".

That said, half the fun in timewalking was playing the game of "what fun old set bonus will I bring with me today".

Yeah it's pretty common to 5-7 man herald with some patchy geared 80's. You just need to execute mechanics
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    Herald of the Titans doesn't require set bonuses. It requires that people can find enough level 80 characters, figure out how to equip gear that is below the max ilevel requirement, and have a basic understanding of the fight. Pretty sure we decked a set of toons out in proper gear and got best possible consumables and went... holy crap... that's it? I was even on my back up toon that was wearing some random greens because her gear was toon good (paladin abandoned after server transfer). My shaman was saved for the week and we had numbers. I was brought for the button labeled "aura mastery".

That said, half the fun in timewalking was playing the game of "what fun old set bonus will I bring with me today".
    Yeah absolutely agree. Trinkets, set bonuses, old legendaries....that's the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    I just can't understand why. For example, the reason why I liked timewalking was wearing some nice-ass gear with good bonuses and absolutely demolishing them - getting the gear and using it was like another meta-game besides playing the current tier. Now they will be like all other boring dungeons, zzz. And if they are doing it because couple of tryhards are using old setbonuses in current raids, then I don't know... Most people don't bother, really.
    Some bonus buffs an ability that they removed, bam, they have to rework that bonus. Some bonus works off a concept that they removed or changed dramatically (bonus armor, whatever), bam, they have to rework it. Simpler to disable.

Further thought: the disabling of set bonuses probably helps with testing raid content in the beta since they scale the gear in raid instances to a specific ilevel. Hauling out 2 set and 2 set from widely different tiers to create an overpowered effect in raid testing doesn't give useful information about the performance of the class in proper gear.

I didn't really think that timewalking allowing broken silly things to happen would be a big deal though. As a healer, you can remove all mana regeneration, spam silly expensive spells constantly, and never run out of mana (no thought necessary, they already put factors in the scaling in our favor).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind... reread it. :P
    Last edited by Youn; 2016-05-12 at 03:06 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are lazy to update all of them for new class changes, thus disabled. You expected something else from a company like Blizzard?
    It's more a statement about WoW than about Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Some bonus buffs an ability that they removed, bam, they have to rework that bonus. Some bonus works off a concept that they removed or changed dramatically (bonus armor, whatever), bam, they have to rework it. Simpler to disable.
    They really don't in TW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."