Thread: Season 6

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    One thing I really dislike about Vyr's, is that you really only make progress when in Archon form, and during the downtime, you kinda have to hang around staying alive while you build up Chantodo charges and using the ring of zodiac to run out the remainder of Archon CD. I'm just waiting for my Twister sword (and convection) to drop before I go playing my favourite build, (My Etched Firebird). I got it to 55 last season with no Caldesann's and only a handful of ancient gear, with damage being the thing to slow me down, so I'm hoping with the buffs, to get higher with it this season. I found the DMO Arcane Orbit build to be so boring.

I dunno. I absolutely hate both energy twister and arcane torrent wizard skills. Its a shame all wizard's good builds are using those.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I really just wanted to vent a bit but you guys are so helpful. Thanks for the hints.

And to be honest, i dont Rift so much, dont know, maybe im just unlucky but rarely anything drops in there for me, even death breath comes quicker in bounties.
    Maybe i try a few more greater rifts, wich brings me to one question:
    Can i upgrade jewels allready in sockets? I never tried to be honest.

Also, a little anecdotal evidence:
    Kadala is more efficient to me than the cube. I farmed 4 (5/6) Sets form her till i got 1 right part (as in turn breast to feet etc) of the set from the cube.
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2016-05-12 at 03:06 PM.

Regarding 2 min rift clears: I also totally love how Blizzard stealth nerfed rift speedruns by sneaky increasing a radius in which spheres of progress drop. Its almost like we're not allowed to play solo anymore. Group or GTFO. Shame.

When Blizzard introduced s5 patch, I was baffled by a huge number of awesome changes, changes which made the game awesome in many possible regards.

Now, after a s6 patch, it looks like Jay Wilson is back and now he is in charge of d3 development.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Regarding 2 min rift clears: I also totally love how Blizzard stealth nerfed rift speedruns by sneaky increasing a radius in which spheres of progress drop.
    Avarice band+ boon of the hoarder + a pet??
    Havent cared for a sphere since like after first bounty run i did at paragon 20. everything is literally being picked up by itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Avarice band+ boon of the hoarder
    Aren't a part of many a spec and ruin, for example, the Focus-Restraint combo. That's not to say it wouldn't be impossible to still do a <2min solo with those on instead of your usual Focus-Restraint and gems, but it'd change things.

a pet??
    I've not seen my Liv Moore pick up a single progression sphere. Are you saying you've got a pet that picks those up?

Havent cared for a sphere since like after first bounty run i did at paragon 20. everything is literally being picked up by itself.
    At what paragon did you do the Speed Demon conquest solo, and on which class/spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Aren't a part of many a spec and ruin, for example, the Focus-Restraint combo. That's not to say it wouldn't be impossible to still do a <2min solo with those on instead of your usual Focus-Restraint and gems, but it'd change things.

I've not seen my Liv Moore pick up a single progression sphere. Are you saying you've got a pet that picks those up?

At what paragon did you do the Speed Demon conquest solo, and on which class/spec?
    I can't speak for Sunny but I did it on a Flashfire Wizard by accident, Enjoyed that build a fair bit for farming keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Sure, lets just ignore cube, or the fact you can use another build, beacuse getting everything at paragon1 without any effort is just what we want.

Not saying they are pickign up spheres, But you kill a mob, which triggers boon of hoarder>which your pet picks up, which increases avarice band, which increases your sphere grabbing.

SWK firebell one shotting entire screen. with as said, pet, avarice, boon. Might add i got a single map Graveyard.
    First of may, so i was about 400-500 paragon id say? since season started the 29th.

Obviously im playing for more than average joe so getting the shit to speed stuff was far faster. Needless to say. 12 weeks to gear as a casual even without avarice shouldnt be an issue.

Edit: clarifications.
    Last edited by Sunnydee; 2016-05-12 at 04:08 PM.

<Snip>

Obviously im playing for more than average joe so getting the shit to speed stuff was far faster. Needless to say. 12 weeks to gear as a casual even without avarice shouldnt be an issue.

Edit: clarifications.
    Note that it can be done in a group also, Makes it far easier since most geared people (600 Para+) can already insta kill things in 4 man TX.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    And season completed, see ya in next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Note that it can be done in a group also, Makes it far easier since most geared people (600 Para+) can already insta kill things in 4 man TX.
    Ofc, he's just trying to sound condescending since he thinks i was talking in a rude manner a page or 2 back.

Deleted
    Sure, lets just ignore cube, or the fact you can use another build, beacuse getting everything at paragon1 without any effort is just what we want.
    Well, a lot of specs have Focus-Restraint in use and RoRG cubed, so I'm not ignoring anything, and, those specs that I'm talking about are the faster ones for their class, so gimping them with Avarice might require quite a bit of boosting via paragon.

In any case, I know from my personal experience that the <2min was significantly harder this time around, for me anyway. I don't know why. Same class. Same spec. Same paragon. Last season I did it several times without even trying - several times, because I did it first for myself, then 2man for a friend, and then 3man for a friend and a guildie, and both of those times I was basically carrying two guys who were collecting a couple spheres here and there. This season though, I just couldn't get to <2min, until I did it with a friend who was already clad in pretty decent gear, killing stuff fast in his own right.

It could be the nerf to the sphere's flying all over the place, it could be stealth nerfs to the kill progression, it could be nerfs to rift density which seemed to be way, way down, or a combination of a lot of things.

Maybe that's OK. I dunno. I do know, however, that I don't think I'll be playing season 7, not unless they'll come up with something significant to the game, because doing two seasons of the exact same shit just isn't my thing. Wasn't much of a ladder player in Diablo 2 either, and quite frankly, having played seasons has kind of ruined playing nonseasons in Diablo 3 for me, so it's a dead game walking at this point.

Ofc, he's just trying to sound condescending since he thinks i was talking in a rude manner a page or 2 back.
    If you were referring to me, then I have no clue what you were saying "a page or 2 back", but your comment a couple posts up about using the Avarice band and so on was the one that was condescending and douchy, so hence the response in kind.

It could be the nerf to the sphere's flying all over the place, it could be stealth nerfs to the kill progression, it could be nerfs to rift density which seemed to be way, way down, or a combination of a lot of things.
    Since you are alot more powerful early stage this season than previous ones, im guessing they nerfed progress rate in tx so it balances out and people wouldnt clear it in literally 30sec if u had a GG map. This is obviously a speculation and nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Can i upgrade jewels allready in sockets? I never tried to be honest.

Also, a little anecdotal evidence:
    Kadala is more efficient to me than the cube. I farmed 4 (5/6) Sets form her till i got 1 right part (as in turn breast to feet etc) of the set from the cube.
    Yes, you can upgrade the jewels in sockets, that's the general way it goes, find jewels suitable to your build then upgrade them all to 25 first and then pick ones that give the biggest upgrade until you hit your GR limit (this is a GR you can comfortably clear in 6-8 minutes) then level up everything until you stop getting 100%, then try to push another GR level and upgrade again etc.

As for Kadala, she is efficient for things that cost 25 blood shards. The weapons, rings and amulets are usually better to upgrade in the cube from rares, particularly if, for your class, there are limited options. For wizards or witch doctors, there's not too many 2-handed maces, so it can be an easy way to get the Furnace.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Yes, you can upgrade the jewels in sockets, that's the general way it goes, find jewels suitable to your build then upgrade them all to 25 first and then pick ones that give the biggest upgrade until you hit your GR limit (this is a GR you can comfortably clear in 6-8 minutes) then level up everything until you stop getting 100%, then try to push another GR level and upgrade again etc.

As for Kadala, she is efficient for things that cost 25 blood shards. The weapons, rings and amulets are usually better to upgrade in the cube from rares, particularly if, for your class, there are limited options. For wizards or witch doctors, there's not too many 2-handed maces, so it can be an easy way to get the Furnace.
    Kahala is my go-to set pants vendor. Right now I'm gambling on shoulders and bracers, just getting junk otherwise.

Anyone else feeling a distinct drop percentage on set pieces? I got some time to do some serious playing this week, and am doing really well with so-so gear, and I noticed that from start of the season to now, I've had 4 set pieces drop. Last season at this point, I was swimming in them, even in lower torment levels. `I got one mace that could be upgraded to a furnace, those used to be really common, too. And it upgrade to not-a-Furnace. I've never had one.

I've given up on the transmog stuff. Have not seen a single chest or mob for them, other than a pet goblin, who I got the crab pet from. I got a Whimsyshire goblin, but not the mob that drops the wings - but I got two of those hamburger daggers, lol.. If I have to grind more than I have been, then I'm giving up - not that important anyway. ``

RNG is RNG. Oh well.

I started a wizard on Monday and gearing firebirds solo has been really odd and annoying

My toughness is pretty low so I stick to T8 but If my firebird stacks bug out and I get 50 early on for the duration of a rift, doing T10 is a joke, everything getting hit for 60-400 billion with the common 4+ trillion weird crits but getting 50 stacks is so random which is understandable since it is a bug but still

Avarice band+ boon of the hoarder + a pet??
    Pets pick up only gold. Also the pickup radius works with health globes but not progress globes.

I hate progress globes - even before this season. It's "so" fun tu run around like a chicked to gather those magical spheres ended on the other side of the freakin map.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

It works on normal rift globes, just not GR ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    It works on normal rift globes, just not GR ones.
    ok, may bad.

I'd like to do the sped chicken build, but hell if it's squishy. Likely going with a couple of friends and do it easymode.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I started a wizard on Monday and gearing firebirds solo has been really odd and annoying

My toughness is pretty low so I stick to T8 but If my firebird stacks bug out and I get 50 early on for the duration of a rift, doing T10 is a joke, everything getting hit for 60-400 billion with the common 4+ trillion weird crits but getting 50 stacks is so random which is understandable since it is a bug but still
    My firebird (non archon) build is very tanky, using etched sigil, hergrabash binding and aquila cuirass plus channeling shoulders I get the 50% from chest, 25% from shoulders and using arcane torrent flame ward for another 25%. Halo + APD does the rest.