Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It should not cost anything at all, this is just plain stupid. I can see now hybrids being like "omg omg I have no gold to change to healer/tank" ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Seriously? 60g translates into approximately $0.13 USD. That's 13 cents. You're telling us you value your 13 cents more than the time of four other players?
    I don't care about value of gold - it's the matter of principle.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I don't care about value of gold - it's the matter of principle.
    Casual players will not care. It punishes hardcore or progression players though.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Yes. I value 0.01 over 29 other players their time means nothing to me. Im not some sort of communist. I already pay for the game. Why should I pay more? No cost.
    Can I get a list of your toons now? That way I can put them all on ignore and make sure I never group with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    It should not cost anything at all, this is just plain stupid. I can see now hybrids being like "omg omg I have no gold to change to healer/tank" ...
    Then we kick them for being fail (anyone who can't scrounge 50g these days is fail) and find someone who can.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Because of the fantasy thing - to make you identify with your spec. Either you are a arms warrior or a fury warrior.. Or a protection warrior. Not 2 or 3 of them.
    This would be cool, if this game had not the HUGE balance issues in terms of performance it always has.
    Remove the balance issues (quite a very hard task without homogenisation of the classes/specs) and then we can discuss it, but until then, allow everyone to tri-spec without any cost.
    And this is coming from me, the stupid guy who never duals anything, i have all specs of one class because i have leveled one char per spec.

Deleted
    Shove a hundred gold pieces up your butthole one by one to change specs.

It's just like real life, I've never been so immersed!

Artifact power gains are going to much more important than gold costs for respeccing. Last I heard, the estimate to get a fully powered artifact was one to three months. As a catch up system for increased artifact power is planned for secondary specs, that means that artifact power is only for one spec. When you start a second artifact (which you have to quest for), you then need to level it separately. The logical leap hear is that artifact power is awarded to your current spec. This is reinforced by people talking about switching specs before turning in a quest to get the power for their preferred spec.

The difference between two dps specs of the same class at highly levels of artifact power is likely going to be mostly in the artifact power and not in the specs. I was talking with our guild leader about this. Until such a time as your first back up tank fills his dps artifact to full power, he isn't going to want to tank 5 man content. At the beginning of an expansion when 5 mans are common, dps mains tanking is very common in a guild group (where it is understood that he is getting dps loot and tank loot). Now this dps main is going to have to do all content as dps or not get artifact power. This is more likely to complicate queue times than the cost in gold for switching specs.

Since you pick one spec at first and don't have the option of a second artifact until much later, people will be starting in their main spec. Look out for all the healers that will be out questing and boring the mobs to death. Wrath, wrath, wrath, smite, smite, smite, lightning bolt, lightning bolt, poke, poke, poke. Dungeon queues will skyrocket for anyone except a main spec tank, so we will be out boring things to death unless we are part of a guild group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    Yes it does, respecializing your character should come at a cost. This is the case for pretty much for single rpg developed for the past 30 years.
    Name them please.
    If you can´t, i can provide you a very extensive list where that it is not the case.

Oh this'll do wonders for queue times...

Blizz seems to have a corner designated for fucking morons coming up with ideas like this.

I really hate the Gold cost attached to switching specializations. Can we just have dual specialization back instead?

Read the whole thing people. Calm down.

"Characters can queue up as any role that is available to their class and will automatically switch to the suitable specialization when entering the Dungeon, Raid, Battleground, or Arena without any gold cost. For example, a paladin might be questing as Retribution but queue up in Dungeon Finder as a Tank. When the paladin enters the dungeon, they will automatically switch to Protection."

Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    how much gold you guys have that this is an issue for you? its not goin to affect the amount of tank/heals at all. it use to be like this before. wanted to respec? you had to pay, as long as i dont have to go all the way over to the trainer im happy.
    It hasn't been this way since dual spec was implemented. The only time it costs cold is when you wanted to go to a different 3rd spec. I can freely swap between my 2 specs as many times as needed currently, that's no longer the case in Legion. There are plenty of people who swap multiple times within a single raid.

Quick, let's make sure this thread reaches 200+ pages.

They're already forcing people who want to tank/heal at max level to stick with that spec while leveling for the artifact, so not sure how this will work out.

Well, that pretty much guarantees that I'll never switch to heals for a quick dungeon.

GG Blizz, way to enforce longer queue times.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWPyxis View Post
    Read the whole thing people. Calm down.

"Characters can queue up as any role that is available to their class and will automatically switch to the suitable specialization when entering the Dungeon, Raid, Battleground, or Arena without any gold cost. For example, a paladin might be questing as Retribution but queue up in Dungeon Finder as a Tank. When the paladin enters the dungeon, they will automatically switch to Protection."
    How does it handle it if you like questing as fury but do BGs as arms? Can you be more specific than just "damage" and choose the actual spec you want?

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Yes. I value 0.01 over 29 other players their time means nothing to me. Im not some sort of communist. I already pay for the game. Why should I pay more? No cost.
    Fine. Have fun playing alone, then.

You would make more gold in an average session than you would spending on re-specs, let's be real.

You can't seriously be that poor or changing specs that often to be complaining about a small gold cost, surely...

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    lol - except for the part where we now get tripple and quadruple spec. But I guess it's harder to complain about when you put it that way. And where's the fun if you can't gripe in forums?

All we need now are some polls and posts about how this killed WoW and I'm not gonna play anymore.
    Yeah, except that's not true. There isn't triple spec, or quad spec, and not even dual spec. Having to pay each time means you have 1 spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    The OP doesn't include the second part of the notes, which says that you can queue as, for example, a Healer for dungeons while running DPS spec, and once you zone in your spec will change to it without cost, then change back when you zone out without cost.

So it's not QUITE as bad as some of the posts here imply.

However, I do think it's a bit of a dumb idea. I'd much rather pay a costly flat rate, even if it's a new one every expansion, than restrict myself to very infrequent spec changes. I think numerous, small, OPTIONAL gold sinks would be better than anything that seems in any way mandatory, particularly with all the spec-specific attention Legion classes are getting.
    I'm not a big fan of this, I think it fixes something that really isn't broken.

But if there has to be a cost, I like your solution. I'd rather just pay a one time fee to open all specs.