Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Any classes overall feel complete?

I know some classes sound like they are feeling pain, but are there any classes that feel completed overall? (Not just one spec)

Enhancement shaman feels pretty complete. Demon hunters feel complete, Holy paladins feel really good (haven't been able to try virtue yet, seems really awesome though), prot paladin feels good after the build a few weeks ago adding seraphim back, resto druids/balance druids feel complete and that's about all I know.

to add on to @Taeldorian's list blood dk's feel near complete, guardian druids feel near complete, combat feels complete out of ones I've played not on that list
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    to add on to @Taeldorian's list blood dk's feel near complete, guardian druids feel near complete, combat feels complete out of ones I've played not on that list
    So would it be safe to say that no single class feels complete, however, the specs you all listed feel complete?

rogues are in the dumpster

the only rogues I know who feel anything remotely positive about the class going forward in Legion are extremely casual players who don't care about class design much to begin with

at least we got flashy new animations and visuals in the process of our mechanics being totally ruined though, am i right?
    Last edited by shoegazing; 2016-05-12 at 04:11 PM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Blood DK is apparently still filled with bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Blood DK is apparently still filled with bugs.
    Bugs don't mean incomplete. I'm assuming this thread is made towards class design, in which case Blood DKs definitely feel complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Bugs don't mean incomplete. I'm assuming this thread is made towards class design, in which case Blood DKs definitely feel complete.
    I guess, but in a way it does. But yeah class design wise you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by dbd_rage View Post
    So would it be safe to say that no single class feels complete, however, the specs you all listed feel complete?
    Yeah I guess so. I've tested paladin most so I can say that 2/3 specs (holy/prot) feel pretty good and complete but ret doesn't. Can't really speak for other classes this way though because I haven't tested other classes/specs as much as I have my main. I'd say druid feels pretty complete overall as a class.

Mages feel nice, but I'm not really sure about Arcane, cuz I haven't played one since WotLK.

having bugs I can deal with...I am more worried overall that say for example monk...it sounds like there is little utility for mist weavers and numbers are low. When looking at BM, it sounds like they have a mechanic where they need to be at 60% so and a lot of people say it feels broken, leaving WW...(Not sure how much of an issue there is) So you go into Legion and say WW are in a decent place (Not even looking at numbers really) and you might have one spec that feels complete and not broken.

I keep hearing that the general conses seems to be that every class MAY have one that is alright, but the rest seem to be semi-incomplete or broken mechanics wise. (Paladin is sounding right now like it might be the most "put together" class with holy and prot being ok?

given the recent dev interview where they are basically saying that the mechanics are the way they like them, with a few tweaks here or there, and they need to do some tuning, it leaves me worried. I just do not get the sense that things are going in a positive direction from a purely class mechanic standpoint. (I like the simplicity of it all, but things sound like they are "clunky" at best...

I haven't played the other specs of the classes so I cannot comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Alpha class feedback forums are filled with negativity. Was it the case for previous alphas/betas or this level of concern regarding the state of specs/classes is unique to Legion Alpha/Beta?

Looking at blue posts warlocks seem to be in a completed state

Reading the consensus that everything is messed up makes me wonder why they feel the need to revamp everything so damn much. It is really unnecessary and disappointing. If I could change one thing about WoW, it would be to have more consistency with classes and specs' playstyles from expansion to expansion.

As soon as I find something I enjoy, I can be assured that it will be dicked with to change it beyond recognition.
    Last edited by Vaerys; 2016-05-12 at 04:55 PM.

I know some classes sound like they are feeling pain, but are there any classes that feel completed overall? (Not just one spec)
    Honestly, I don't think theres ever really been a class that has felt "complete". Theres always been winner and loser specs in terms of mechanics, balance, pve, pvp, ect -- After more than a decade of missing that mark, I'm not expecting that to change in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    rogues are in the dumpster

the only rogues I know who feel anything remotely positive about the class going forward in Legion are extremely casual players who don't care about class design much to begin with

at least we got flashy new animations and visuals in the process of our mechanics being totally ruined though, am i right?
    I agree Subtlety sucks (going by your profile pic being a generic looking Rogue I'll guess that's all you do or care about), and Muti is lame (as always), but Outlaw feels pretty good.

Overall, almost all classes are getting a hit in terms of complexity and CC, for better or for worse (likely for worse in almost all cases).

Good job looking like a stereotypical whiny class-forum goer though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Alpha class feedback forums are filled with negativity. Was it the case for previous alphas/betas or this level of concern regarding the state of specs/classes is unique to Legion Alpha/Beta?
    It's just always this way: If people are fine with the class and the mechanics, they don't post how great it is, but if there is something they don't like, they post it because they want to have it changed... I wouldn't call it "negativity".

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    They are always filled w/ negativity T_T

I don't quite understand why people are always against changes.

Arms warr, for example, when through good change in WOD except the WW filler thing. In MoP, we had to handle too many mechanisms: Enrage, CS, CS reset, main ability procs, proc, more CDs I recall, 1 banner. They were too many for one spec to have. Yet, people called it "fun". The pruning was needed, making arms very playable.

In Legion, the idea with class fantasy v2.0 is welcomed; allowing devs to narrow down some specs to its core theme. Arms warriors should play around planning attacks in CS windows. Players could add more complexity through talents. It's currently an absolutely perfect system in my book.

It seems that they are extending the overhaul list to cover more specs, which upset people. I have trust in Blizz, they know how many is enough. CC, gap closers, and stuns in WOW are abundant atm. Some classes are so broken for people to play with, with sub and demo lock being two of those. Without addons and weakauras, hardly could I play effectively. They are complicated, especially for normal players. Simplifying and bringing classes down to their cores is a very clever step by Blizzard. We need more players, not less.