10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Soooo without high poise how do you deal with Estoc/Rapier R1 spammers?
    Lots of ways. Like Djriff said, take the 2 hits and parry the 3rd, use a Heavy Weapon that has Hyper Armor and trade with them (you will win every exchange), use a Greatshield and just laugh as they use all their stamina, block the first 2 hits with a normal shield and then roll around them (or away if you have a better approach strategy), use a weapon with longer range like a spear or whip (I've had success with just a Longsword's R2 lunge attack), ect...

The number one mistake people make against Rapiers and Straight Swords is that after they get hit with the first 2-Hits of the R1 Spam, they try and attack back immediately, which gets them hit again. You have to disengage and then get your attack off first in the next exchange. Players that R1 Spam are fairly predictable, so with some practice you should get the range and timing down pretty well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Really thought I was gonna like gotthard's but meh. The roll poke is nice but it doesn't feel great when doing it.

Just found onikiri though and thems are fun, though its awkward that they are better without an infusion. Maybe hollow would work but can't go that route
    I LOVE the Gotthard's Twin Swords. They do feel a little slow sometimes, but the rolling pokes have incredible damage and surprising range. The L1 combo's do a crapton of damage as well. Also, in PvP at least, you can L1, L2, R2 to pull off a sick combo. As long as your L1 hits then you can confirm the rest of the combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0FU4slRDFY
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I LOVE the Gotthard's Twin Swords. They do feel a little slow sometimes, but the rolling pokes have incredible damage and surprising range. The L1 combo's do a crapton of damage as well. Also, in PvP at least, you can L1, L2, R2 to pull off a sick combo. As long as your L1 hits then you can confirm the rest of the combo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0FU4slRDFY
    Yeah I've read a ton of people talking about how much they love them, and looking up videos I thought I would as well. After using warden twinblades for so long the gotthards feel painfully slow, and I really just don't like the moveset. The 2nd right click is that awkward poke and the 3rd right click is suuuper delayed after that, I swear I can get 2 hits in with wardens by the time gotthard swings once and is still waiting on the delay for the 2nd hit. it shares one thing with the warden twinblades where the only move that's super satisfying to pull off is the spinny attack.

I don't really get why I like onikiri cause it suffers the delayed attacks problem as well. Maybe I'm just used to katanas delay since I used uchi for the first chunk of the game. also the way it attacks each swing feels like 2 distinct attacks, and are spaced out a bit. The special being utility as well is neat.

In regards to the video, you (or whoever that was) use it as a straight sword with a shield most of the time, whereas I never use a shield. I just have the one on my back for extra souls. Might be a big part of why you like it, cause I don't enjoy straight sword 1h attacks. Seems like you mostly whip out the second sword to pull off the stronger moves and then ignore the rest of its 2h moveset and swap back to shield.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-05-12 at 03:03 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can absolutely respect the critique of the moveset for the Gotthard's Twin Blades and aesthetically not liking it. Damage wise it (2H moveset) still outdamages the Dark Sword with my build, and for me is more fun than R1'ing the Dark Sword. One thing to note with the 2nd hit of the combo that is the super long stab is not only the range, but your hitbox changes and you can duck under a surprisingly amount of horizontal swings. Same thing with the 3rd move (which is admittedly a bit slow).

That is me in the video and you are absolutely right about using the weapon more as a straight sword with the shield being there for defense. Like you mentioned earlier, the start up for the first swing is low, so its easy to get caught with it and makes its harder to punish players. I do end up switching back and forth, mainly for the security of the shield, but also because I don't want to be super predictable (especially if, like in the video, people have seen me fight a few guys already). In PvE though, the shield pretty much has stayed on my back the whole time and I rock the 2H stance for maximum pwnage. The arc of the 1st and 3rd attack have also been great when fighting multiple enemies.

I'm actually a huge fan of the Abyss Watcher's weapons. The greatsword handles great (no pun intended) and the parrying knife can through some people off as you have the moveset of 2h'ing a great sword so they can just R1 spam for days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I'm using the Onikiri dual Katana thing now. I restatted myself for a Luck build and turned it into a Hollow Inused weapon to farm up tokens for those annoying Covenants. Its not too bad, but I did end up switching over to the Washing Pole and seem to be fairing *slightly* better with that. I'm not exactly sure why to be honest though.

That being said, I liked the *feel* of the Onikiri better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I'm actually a huge fan of the Abyss Watcher's weapons. The greatsword handles great (no pun intended) and the parrying knife can through some people off as you have the moveset of 2h'ing a great sword so they can just R1 spam for days.
    I think that is the very definition of a "fun" weapon. Cool and effective moveset. Unique animations and abilities too. Plus it doesn't hurt that Abyss Watchers was one of the coolest bosses in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Also, I'm using the Onikiri dual Katana thing now. I restatted myself for a Luck build and turned it into a Hollow Inused weapon to farm up tokens for those annoying Covenants. Its not too bad, but I did end up switching over to the Washing Pole and seem to be fairing *slightly* better with that. I'm not exactly sure why to be honest though.

That being said, I liked the *feel* of the Onikiri better.
    I wanna try a luck build at some point but I accidentally killed whats his face and can't hollow myself and I don't think the hollow infusion works out well without it from what I read. Hollow level determines luck scaling or something to that effect? Besides the 10 luck I'd be losing out on.

Biggest thing I had to adjust to when swapping from uchi to wardens early on was the range. It's really easy to hit things outside of their attack range while 2hing uchi and I can only imagine that's even more true of washing pole. I found uchi a lot easier than wardens even after using wardens for a bit just because of that range and the way it swings, it let me hit things after dodging attacks that wardens simply doesn't reach without running back up at which point I've lost my window or at least a swing.

I could see something like that being the case for washing pole with how far its reach must be. You have to be pretty close and specifically positioned to make sure you get both hits out of dual wielding weps, where you can just graze someone with the long single katanas and still do full dmg.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

The backstep R1 attack seems to have ridiculous range for the Uchi in comparison to a lot of weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lore/general question: Them odd flying things in Lorthric Castle (and subsequently the Dragonslayer Armour boss room), what in the fuck are they? Dragons or something?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

They are angels. Honestly i think they are Heliopaths in terms of a classification though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay, is there much lore behind them? And derp, just saw I spelt Lothric wrong.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

From reddit:

Then you've got those big, flying, Bed of Chaos-looking things from Dragonslayer Armour and encircling Prince Lothric's tower. From the Armour's soul:

The Dragonslayer Armour, controlled by the Pilgrim Butterfly, lost its master long ago, but still remembers their sporting hunts.
    So they are called Pilgrim Butterflies. Now, the only other instance of something being called a pilgrim in-game, are all the rock-rucking hollows from Londor that are lying dead in droves around the gate to Lothric castle and the edge of the Undead Settlement, our buddy Yoel being one of them. When we first encounter Yoel, he says "Please, grant me death, Undo my shackles.... Somehow, I've failed to die as was ordained. Well, perhaps my calling lies elsewhere." So the pilgrims came to Lothric with the intention of dying. And knowing they are hollows, which have a track record of never truly dying while the Flame is fading, perhaps they didn't truly die, but somehow ascended to become the Pilgrim Butterflies? It's a bit of a stretch, but it's probably the best we are working with.

You might be inclined to call them the Angels that spoke to Gertrude, the Queen's daughter and handmaiden. But when you look in the cage where Divine Pillars of Light is obtained, the corpse (probably Gertrude) is surrounded by white feathers. In Prince Lothric's boss room, the floor by his bed is also coated in white feathers. DPoL reads:

Miracle of Gertrude, the Heavenly Daughter.

Brings down multiple pillars of light in vicinity.

The Queen's holy maiden Gertrude was visited by an angel, who revealed this tale to her.

Despite losing both her sight and voice, she was determined to record the tale. Ordinary men cannot decipher her fragmentary scrawl, nor comprehend how it became the foundation of the Angelic faith of Lothric.
    The miracle's image is blue - a rare coloration for miracles in the Souls games - and depicts white feathers. Now look at the Pilgrim Butterflies. Not a feather in sight.

Now, I've seen some theories floating around claiming that the "Angel" Gertrude encountered was a Primordial Serpent (let's shorthand as Frampt) due to all of the statues of a winged Frampt in the Archives. Here is my point of contention, drawn from the Winged Knight armor:

Armor of the Winged Knights, who swore themselves to the Angels.

Worship of the divine messengers was viewed as heresy in Lothric and unrecognized by any of the Three Pillars of rule.

This is believed to be why Gertrude, the Heavenly Daughter, was imprisoned in the lofty cell of the Grand Archives.

10+ Year Old Account
    I *think* angels are a new thing to whatever cycle this is because I don't remember them in any of the other Souls games. Apparently there was some sort of legit angel in Lothric that was a huge influence, but in an expected turn of events she was captured and tortured which is probably why something else got royally screwed up.

There's a lot of angel themed statues and whatnot around Lothric, some items I can't remember off the top of my head as well. Also, notice all the feathers in the Princes' Room and the birdcage at the top of the Archives.

Well, angels have been in the lore since DS1, mainly with Gwyn's Daughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, angels have been in the lore since DS1, mainly with Gwyn's Daughter.
    I thought she was classified as a Giant.

...amazing chest ahead. ^_^

Well mainly the spells she dealt with. Lots of interesting lore there.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck....

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    What the fuck....
    That robe will be featured in many videos yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    What the fuck....
    Wtf LOL....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well then....OK.

So finally went and got the Estoc today. Sitting around SL 120 and plan on staying there. PvP is kind of boring to me atm, it's just parry = win :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then....OK.

So finally went and got the Estoc today. Sitting around SL 120 and plan on staying there. PvP is kind of boring to me atm, it's just parry = win :/

I 100% agree. With the boosted damage from Ripostes + Hornet Ring, anyone can come back to win at any time by just parry spamming and getting lucky 1 time. And there is nothing to counter this damage (there is one ring, but it only affects backstabs). The only thing you can do is use weapons attacks that can't be parried. EDIT: Or vary your attack patterns to try and outplay your opponent...and hope you get lucky for you 4-6 different attacks and that they don't get parried.

This is why you find so many people PvPing with a Giant Weapon in 1H and a Caestus in the other.