Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation First cut piece of content?

We should have acted.
    It's already here.
    The youtube flamers told of the return.
    The Legion hype was merely a delay,
    'Til the time after 7.2 was scrapped,
    When the Garrison followers would spill their own blood.
    But no one wanted to believe...
    Believe it even existed.
    And when the truth finally dawns,
    It dawns in nerdrage!
    But, there is one Blizz fears,
    In their tongue he is Exilian:
    THE INFORMED FORUM POSTER!

It would seem we are seeing the first scrapped idea in Legion, as compared to what they announced at Blizzcon. Namely, they said the reputation emissaries would come to your Order Hall every day to personally give you quests, whereas in alpha/beta this is done through a simple map dialogue. No interaction with NPCs, when you finish enough World Quests you get a small reward and that's it.

Not as epic as the intro suggested, eh? Anywho I thought it was worth mentioning, it seems like such a small thing to omit but it would be so much more immersive if you actually got to talk to an NPC rather than look at a chat dialogue on the map, I just don't see why they would scrap it. Maybe it just hasn't been implemented yet?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Emissaries must be unlocked through a series of questlines. You do get daily missions popping up in your class hall as you progress through the emissary missions and the class hall campaign.

Champions are the minions that you send out to do missions. These minions are also obtained from questlines.

World quests, are what you - the player - must go out into the world to do. Do four missions in zone X for a reward chest basically. The missions have randomized completion timers. This will be your primary source of order resources for class hall research and vendors.

/cancel pre-order
    /unsub

Deleted
    They've chosen a superior method, and one that takes less time consumption to create. You should be thankful, shortcuts like this can produce an extra raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    We should have acted.
    It's already here.
    The youtube flamers told of the return.
    The Legion hype was merely a delay,
    'Til the time after 7.2 was scrapped,
    When the Garrison followers would spill their own blood.
    But no one wanted to believe...
    Believe it even existed.
    And when the truth finally dawns,
    It dawns in nerdrage!
    But, there is one Blizz fears,
    In their tongue he is Exilian:
    THE INFORMED FORUM POSTER!

It would seem we are seeing the first scrapped idea in Legion, as compared to what they announced at Blizzcon. Namely, they said the reputation emissaries would come to your Order Hall every day to personally give you quests, whereas in alpha/beta this is done through a simple map dialogue. No interaction with NPCs, when you finish enough World Quests you get a small reward and that's it.

Not as epic as the intro suggested, eh? Anywho I thought it was worth mentioning, it seems like such a small thing to omit but it would be so much more immersive if you actually got to talk to an NPC rather than look at a chat dialogue on the map, I just don't see why they would scrap it. Maybe it just hasn't been implemented yet?
    Your hat, my good sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    They've chosen a superior method, and one that takes less time consumption to create. You should be thankful, shortcuts like this can produce an extra raid tier.
    Somehow doubtful this works in reverse.

But still yes, this.

Also, the OP is some of the most neckbeard weirdness I've seen on these forums.

yeah and they scrapped path of the titans, oh wait that was back in wotlk.

Deleted
    or...can they !?!?

If you call that scrapped content, then there is no hope for you...
    Last edited by RedGamer030; 2016-05-12 at 07:56 PM.

Wow an npc doesn't turn up in your house so that you can right click it and then click accept.
    Pre-order cancelled. Overwatch pre-order cancelled. Selling by BNet account. Can never trust these hacks again.

Just like WoD.

Oh wait....we didnt....we actually got less.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Cannot have "scrapped" content for a game still in development...
    Are you an idiot? That's when things get scrapped.

Deleted
    After that egomaniacal introduction you could have told me that the world is round and I wouldn't believe you.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the?

I cant even ...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    After that egomaniacal introduction you could have told me that the world is round and I wouldn't believe you.
    The world is a flat disc that is held aloft by four elephants riding on the back of a giant spacegoing turtle.

Everyone knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Are you an idiot? That's when things get scrapped.
    I had a comment for you, but I scrapped it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I had a comment for you, but I scrapped it.
    Yeah because you realized you said a retarded thing. Or do you think they'd release the game first and then take out features?