Thread: Beta invites

Just start an attentionwhore YT Channel about WoW stuff. Quality of content is irrelevant, just get tons of views. Same goes for twitch.
    Don't focus on providing any feedback on official forums. Waste of time, will never be considered.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents - always was curious about this topic and if there is really some sort of criteria or not (I think there is, on some level)
    here is my data

I have been entered consistently (first wave) to every beta for wow and have actively subscribed every month since about a 1/3 through vanilla's life cycle, with only minor gaps between large content droughts at end of expansions. I've had pretty much the same PC throughout wows lifetime. I also play all of blizzards other games, receiving beta access to SC2 / HS / HOTS. Never received any beta access for diablo.

Is it just coincidence? Probably, but doesn't feel random from my perspective anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    I imagine Duo subs would work as a suitable alternative to the real money purchases in their free titles.
    I imagine duo subs have zilch to do with it. Even if it did, zero SC2 xpacs and zero $$ spent in the free games would offset the duo wow accounts, if even make my chances worse.

But eh...have fun supposing. I accept it as chaos and random chance.

Deleted
    No beta for me. Would have been nice to have it for the 2 weeks until Overwatch releases.

In the end, I don't want beta access anyways. I'll do World Quests and Mythic+ dungeons enough post-release. Don't need to do it over and over again now. I'd just like beta access to test changes to my specs, which I can also do on the PTR. It's just the beta access timing that would have been nice.

Deleted
    you know what??? fuck you blizzard
    in the last hour i received 2 email from blizzard
    "thank you for playing overwatch beta"
    "blizzard is at Dreamhack"
    fuck me...i almost had 2 hearth atacks
    nice time to send 2 emails when everybody is praying to gods for a beta email
    Last edited by mmoc0f4c48a87c; 2016-05-12 at 07:53 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Hms, what server are you supposed to get in to? Says "Incompatible".
    is this realy the kind of players that got inv and not me? FFS

Deleted
    You are more likely to get invited to beta if your sub has not been active for a while, you didn't preorder legion or even wod.

They are using beta right now as a way to lure people back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    is this realy the kind of players that got inv and not me? FFS
    Already answered that. Ive played nonstop from 2008, payed for every month and probably spent more hours in wow than 90% of the people here. And still missed that info, yeah i did. Too excited to read somewhere else than on my battle launcher.

You know what? I just checked for fun. 783 days played total. 11 lvl 100s etc.
    Last edited by mmocdd889ff95a; 2016-05-12 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    You are more likely to get invited to beta if your sub has not been active for a while, you didn't preorder legion or even wod.

They are using beta right now as a way to lure people back.
    Also no way to prove this. I've never had a lapse in my sub for 10 years; I got in.

Already answered that. Ive played nonstop from 2008, payed for every month and probably spent more hours in wow than 90% of the people here. And still missed that info, yeah i did. Too excited to read somewhere else than on my battle launcher.

Well. That's a lot of time.

Not sure if i'd label it as "fun"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talaa View Post
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents - always was curious about this topic and if there is really some sort of criteria or not (I think there is, on some level)
    here is my data

I have been entered consistently (first wave) to every beta for wow and have actively subscribed every month since about a 1/3 through vanilla's life cycle, with only minor gaps between large content droughts at end of expansions. I've had pretty much the same PC throughout wows lifetime. I also play all of blizzards other games, receiving beta access to SC2 / HS / HOTS. Never received any beta access for diablo.

Is it just coincidence? Probably, but doesn't feel random from my perspective anyway.
    It IS totally random, wish people would get over the conspiracy crap. I've been subbed since first month of Vanilla. I do not raid, I very rarely pvp, I come from a very very tiny guild of friends and family, I do not You Tube Nor do I stream, I have bought one item with real money off the store, have used tokens for the last 6 months for sub, am very casual player and I like it that way. Got all that? I'm not a special snowflake is the point. I have been in every single beta since Vanilla and have been in alpha for the last month and now going on to beta. What in that description makes it so I get picked? Randomness....luck of the draw, .......luck plain and simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    Not sure if i'd label it as "fun"
    I dont mind. If i wanted to do something else i could. Still have a full time job, GF etc. :P Just prefer to play games (tbh i only play WoW, nothing else on all those years) on my spare time rather than drinking alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    Increased chances of Beta Invite;

Active, real money subscription to World of Warcraft.
    Ownership of Diablo 3 and expansion.
    Ownership of Starcraft 2 and expansions.
    Recent real money purchases in Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.
    Paid with tokens since their introduction.
    Do not own Diablo 3 as the only version I owned from the annual pass was forfeit when bank screwed up the payments.
    Only own the first SC2 Collectors, and not anything else due to budget.
    No real money purchase in either, only one store purchase in WoW and that was a very long time ago.

Dammit, should have know something would pull me back here.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Any updates on when the next wave will happen?

Do you think it will be next week or a month from now?

Quote Originally Posted by fc0712 View Post
    Any updates on when the next wave will happen?

Do you think it will be next week or a month from now?
    Guild chat suggests some tomorrow, but no more information beyond "someone said".
    Seems at odds with what blizzard have stated on one of their twitters that this wave is over.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-12 at 08:42 PM.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess they mean the competition beta keys?
    They read it somewhere here apparently.
    Though I would expect those soon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    time will go even slower if you keep doing that.
    I know, so i took a nap instead

Been playing with the money tokens I own Diablo 3 but not expansion. Don't have sc. Do have hearth but I haven't even unlocked all the base decks so not a penny spent on card and I play hots on occasion but never spent on it. Got beta downloading
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Damn, didn't know people still had that shit of internet #feelsbadman. Come over to AR 200 down 20 up
    Now I really feel like crap.. My max is 1 MB download 100 upload...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Guild chat suggests some tomorrow, but no more information beyond "someone said".
    Seems at odds with what blizzard have stated on one of their twitters that this wave is over.
    One wave can finish and another done in a day or 2.

So both can be true. The first beta wave is over, and we'll get another tomorrow
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    The first beta wave is over, and we'll get another tomorrow
    I dont think theyll send another wave out tomorrow, not yet.
    Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will. That allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.