Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finith View Post
    You'll notice I neither defended that law or spoke of its merits, I merely indicated their overarching argument for its relegation to the dustbin. How those counties and states reacted speaks for itself, and is not up for debate. The destructive tendencies of gerrymandering and idiotic ID laws are self-evident. All these policies will continue to do is drum up anger and outrage that winds up being dangerous, unfocused and misplaced.
    If your argument is that both parties are full of self serving assholes, you won't find any disagreement from me. I find it amusing though that you think the views of one party are so strange, that surely they must have cheated to get elected. I hate to break it to you but, millions of people actually agree with both party platforms.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    That argument would be true if their was a pattern of the bare minimum of women and minorities in companies. This is not the case, I'd venture to say that the majority of companies have a very diverse workforce well above the threshold.

Nothing is wrong with having to prove who you are to vote. You have to have ID to get cigarettes, booze, an apartment, a job, a bank account, drive a car, leave the country. As a person who recently went through the Wisconsin voting process with a out of state ID, it was very easy and simple and took less then 5 minutes of extra time out of my day to complete it. Personally, I think it's extremely racist to suggest that minorities cannot complete this process. Saying it disproportionately effects them is akin to saying they are not responsible enough individuals to hold on to a birth certificate, a piece of mail, their social security card, and a government issued ID and special concessions need to be had because they cannot be expected to live up to the same rules as everyone else.

I agree that the far left is just as dangerous as the far right.
    I am 100% not going to debate with you whether businesses continue to practice institutional racism, because I have not the patience to deal with circular conversations.

Because you obviously have no foundation for understanding the historical context surrounding institutional racism, I will also not attempt to explain why those people often have legitimate reasons for being at a great disadvantage with regards to being able to get the necessary identification as easily as others might.

Calling me a racist for a nuanced position is a nice touch though, I do appreciate personal attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    If your argument is that both parties are full of self serving assholes, you won't find any disagreement from me. I find it amusing though that you think the views of one party are so strange, that surely they must have cheated to get elected. I hate to break it to you but, millions of people actually agree with both party platforms.
    They do, this is very true. One side just happens to realize that demographics are not working out in its favor, because in its desperate reliance on white voters, and it's tendency towards identity politics, it has consistently done what all political parties do, and made elections about "you" versus "them". The outcome of course is that it has managed to alienate enormous majorities of the very demographic minorities that are quickly rising to become it's greatest barrier to future electoral victories. That the democrats have just managed to do it better doesn't make it any less poisonous, to be certain.

I am not American, and so you are correct to assume that some of the nuances will always be foreign to me. That identity politics is tearing your country apart is rather obvious though, and the culprits are everywhere.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I am 100% not going to debate with you whether businesses continue to practice institutional racism, because I have not the patience to deal with circular conversations.

Because you obviously have no foundation for understanding the historical context surrounding institutional racism, I will also not attempt to explain why those people often have legitimate reasons for being at a great disadvantage with regards to being able to get the necessary identification as easily as others might.

Calling me a racist for a nuanced position is a nice touch though, I do appreciate personal attacks.
    That's totally fine. Perhaps you could just link me some information as to why they are at a great disadvantage, it's not something I can easily wrap my head around. I'm sorry if you took it as a personal attack but it wasn't meant to be at all. Nothing was meant to be personal and I was just stating it as how I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

They do, this is very true. One side just happens to realize that demographics are not working out in its favor, because in its desperate reliance on white voters, and it's tendency towards identity politics, it has consistently done what all political parties do, and made elections about "you" versus "them". The outcome of course is that it has managed to alienate enormous majorities of the very demographic minorities that are quickly rising to become it's greatest barrier to future electoral victories. That the democrats have just managed to do it better doesn't make it any less poisonous, to be certain.

I am not American, and so you are correct to assume that some of the nuances will always be foreign to me. That identity politics is tearing your country apart is rather obvious though, and the culprits are everywhere.
    WOW.

WOW.

You think the party that is guilty of identity politics is the Republicans? I mean, I hate both parties but holy shit I have never even heard of someone spinning identity politics to be an animal of the right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    No

5%, and 10% at most. Get out of here with that bullshit.
    I think you're the one spreading bullshit. The article also states that of the children who claim to have "transgender feelings" 70-80% eventually lose those feelings. Bruce Jennner is looking more an more like a typical transgender person.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    WOW.

WOW.

You think the party that is guilty of identity politics is the Republicans? I mean, I hate both parties but holy shit I have never even heard of someone spinning identity politics to be an animal of the right.
    No, I think both parties are guilty. That would be because both parties are guilty. "That the democrats have managed to do IT (identity politics) better doesn't make it any less poisonous, to be certain." See, this is why you should read all of something, and not just the first sentence. That's just bad practice, friendo.

No, I think both parties are guilty. That would be because both parties are guilty. "That the democrats have managed to do IT (identity politics) better doesn't make it any less poisonous, to be certain." See, this is why you should read all of something, and not just the first sentence. That's just bad practice, friendo.
    I read it all. Nothing you said after what I quoted refutes what I quoted. I just find that to be a shocking and hilarious view of things. But, you of course have a right to your opinion, just like anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. Republicans aren't known for being very open minded about these things, in fact it's quite the opposite. It's like a black guy was member of KKK.
    Bingo. She's doing it for attention, just like the rest of her family.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I think you're the one spreading bullshit. The article also states that of the children who claim to have "transgender feelings" 70-80% eventually lose those feelings. Bruce Jennner is looking more an more like a typical transgender person.
    Children also tend to have feelings like their unicorns, or superheros, or invincible, or the smart people in the room. That is why we don't tend to trust the opinions of children, it is why children don't hold elected office, or vote, or practice medicine. Children are notoriously bad at being clear minded and firm, which is also why questions of transgenderism and gender dysphoria in children is best handled with a medical professional trained to understand the difference between childish fantasy and honest feelings. That is not at all evidence that rational thinking adults would or do experience regret at similar levels (they don't) and attempting to construe it as such is silliness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    maybe you should read the GOP party platform. It could clear up lots of things you're confused about.
    So the platform doesn't explicitly state that marriage should only be between a man and a woman? Or would you like me to actually quote it for you?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I read it all. Nothing you said after what I quoted refutes what I quoted. I just find that to be a shocking and hilarious view of things. But, you of course have a right to your opinion, just like anyone else.
    Except that I don't think republicans are the guilty party, as you claimed, I think both are guilty. You will notice how these are not the same, and how you construed my comments is in fact an incorrect assessment of what I actually said. This is not up for debate, playing to white fears is not different than playing to black outrage, both are identity politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Looks like you're even more sure of it, as you refer to her as him. Or is there something you'd like to add?
    I'll refer to trans people as their born sex because I don't want to enable, promote or normalize mental illness. Nice way to dodge the question though.

I'll ask again, how are you so sure this is just a publicity stunt?
    A DWARF IS ONLY AS STRONG AS HER HAMMER.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Whimsical Dwarf View Post
    I'll refer to trans people as their born sex because I don't want to enable, promote or normalize mental illness. Nice way to dodge the question though.

I'll ask again, how are you so sure this is just a publicity stunt?
    I'm sure you've met trans people in your life who you referred to as their preferred sex. How about those, should they wear 'yellow badges' to make it a bit easier for you?

Gj editing the rest out there.

5%, and 10% at most. Get out of here with that bullshit. Those starting earlier in life have been said to be higher, but those starting after 20 get those results.

Which i said myself, but those after 20 that start tend to get 5-10% at most. I gave 4 studies for the 20+ range, I can get more if needed, that showed your assertion that trans people regret transition more than not is asinine. Early childhood transitions get a decent amount of regret, I do agree, but that isn't "typical transgender person".

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    This is what happens when we let religious fanatics and unintelligible tea party run our party.
    Everyone was waiting for the hate speech Bernie support, welcome! Considering the hate your sides spews, the destruction, the racisim, and with hilary, the extreme lies and treason even suspected of murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gj editing the rest out there.
    I like to cut out as much nonsense as possible before replying.

I like to cut out as much nonsense as possible before replying.
    The nonsense you cut out was agreeing with what you just said in regards to early life transitioning. Like what?

7+ Year Old Account
    No one cares. About either issue. Or her (unless s/he's changed his mind again).

10+ Year Old Account
    The nonsense you cut out was agreeing with what you just said in regards to early life transitioning. Like what?
    I wasn't responding to those, I was responding to you.

I wasn't responding to those, I was responding to you.
    And what I said was in agreement with the link you posted to disagree with me?

Your link showed early life transitioning has high regret, which I agreed with. My studies showed those over 20 have 5%-10%. What are you even arguing here, that early life transitioning equals those in their 20+ despite my studies showing the numbers are no where near the same?