Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Illegal immigrants are people who usually working way below minimum wage and live in dangerous conditions because they can't call the police when they are in danger

If you support them being here, you support them living like this, you support slave wages.
    I have been saying this forever.

The liberals seem to want all these exploited immigrants to stay in this country and they will continue to suffer under those conditions.

It is vile and disgusting they want to exploit vulnerable immigrants like this so they can feel they did something for diversity.

It is really sick and twisted of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Healthy adults drinking an appropriate amount of water need to pee more than one time in an 8 hour period.
    Right, they have two 30 minute breaks, and a lunch.

You were saying.......

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's good enough for astronauts, it should be good enough for poultry workers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    If it's good enough for astronauts, it should be good enough for poultry workers.
    Yeah but those are space diapers, they're much cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Yeah but those are space diapers, they're much cooler.
    Yeah, I'll bet the poultry depends don't come in as many colors.

IF Purdue is really giving 2 30 minute breaks during an 8 hour shift, thats plenty of bathroom time, and frequent enough. Assuming you split it up as evenly as you can, thats time for bathroom every 2 hours and 40 minutes.

Of course, thats if you take Purdue at its word. The problem is that often these company policies don't reflect the culture of an individual work group, where shift managers often pressure employees out of breaks, and encourage "getting your work done" before break policy is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    IF Purdue is really giving 2 30 minute breaks during an 8 hour shift, thats plenty of bathroom time, and frequent enough. Assuming you split it up as evenly as you can, thats time for bathroom every 2 hours and 40 minutes.
    Personally, I think they've got it pretty nice. I've worked jobs where there were two 15 minute breaks during a 10 hour shift and that was plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    If we were harsher on companies that hire them there would be less jobs for them resulting in less illegal immigration.
    no shit, unfortunately these companies, or more accurately the parties that own them, have a stranglehold on American politics through a series of incredibly well-funded political parties, advocate groups, and lobbyists.
    we are his...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzPuK1vib_c

Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    This is like creationists trying to smear evolution by calling it a religion.

Illegal immigrants are people who usually working way below minimum wage and live in dangerous conditions because they can't call the police when they are in danger

If you support them being here, you support them living like this, you support slave wages.
    No, I'm for them not being deported. That way they can freely report inhumane treatments and policies like denying bathroom breaks (if the story is true).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrigglyPuff View Post
    It's not twisted logic.

It's exactly what is happening.

A workforce of exploitable immigrants, who don't speak the language, won't go to the police, won't go to Labor & Industry inspectors, and are desperate lead to working conditions such as this.

How do you not know and understand this simple concept?
    Sorry to break it to you but no one supports this type of labor.

Oh except this person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    If they are all illegal aliens, I dont give a shit how they are treated. If they didnt break the law and come here illegally, they wouldnt be treated like shit at work. If they can break the law, then so can their employer
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by TrigglyPuff View Post
    Right, they have two 30 minute breaks, and a lunch.

You were saying.......
    A bathroom break has nothing to do with a scheduled break from working that is timed around accommodate the needs of a production floor.

Some people take medication that makes them suddenly have to pee. Some people have medical conditions that do the same thing. You also shouldn't be required to disclose private medical information to your employer to receive adequate access to bathroom facilities.

Going to the bathroom at a food production plant is also not just a quick task. You probably have to clean/disinfect/wash your PPE on the way out, take it off, then use the bathroom (which, in a large plant, might require a wait) and then put the PPE back on, go through a second cleaning process for entering the shop floor, then you can return to your work station.

The people who think you should just pee on your 30 minute lunch break are ignorant and quite frankly, moronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Personally, I think they've got it pretty nice. I've worked jobs where there were two 15 minute breaks during a 10 hour shift and that was plenty.
    I've worked 12 hour shifts as a manager where the policy was 2 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch where I could not take any of the above safely, and a 15 minute would have been plenty to use the bathroom. Of course, the anecdotes aren't necessarily the best for making a rule or a law.

I tend to agree though, if their break policy works the way that they say it does the Purdue employees are some of the most spoiled employees on the planet. I just doubt it happens they way they say it does.

Healthy adults drinking an appropriate amount of water need to pee more than one time in an 8 hour period.
    is that is what confusing you lesser than intelligent people? k here it goes...

1)bathroom 8:50am
    2)start work at 9:00am till 12:00pm
    3)bathroom anywhere from 12:00pm-12:30pm
    4)work from 12:30pm to 2:30pm
    5)bathroom anywhere from 2:30pm to 3:00pm
    6)work from 3:00pm to 5:00pm
    7)bathroom anytime after 5:00pm

How the fuck is that not reasonable? Please explain in detail like I have.

- - - Updated - - -

The people who think you should just pee on your 30 minute lunch break are ignorant and quite frankly, moronic.
    and here it is, the entitled children of our world. im doing my best to make sure my children are not this ignorant and quite frankly, moronic.

and how long does it take to eat lunch? 10minutes at the most? give me a "break"
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2016-05-12 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    is that is what confusing you lesser than intelligent people? k here it goes...
    If people are wearing diapers on the production floor, they aren't doing it because they like standing in their own feces and urine during their work shift. They're doing it probably because:

- getting to the bathroom and back to your work station in the time allowed isn't practical
    - taking breaks is being illegally prevented by management, or passively discouraged by removing people who take breaks from the work schedule
    - there isn't enough time to go to the bathroom and eat during their lunch break

Should people really have to choose between eating and going to the bathroom?

You sure you didn't accidentally step into a time machine and transport yourself to 2016 from 1906 Mr. Phil Conner?

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    and here it is, the entitled children of our world. im doing my best to make sure my children are not this ignorant and quite frankly, moronic.

and how long does it take to eat lunch? 10minutes at the most? give me a "break"
    This isn't an office building where you can quickly step away from your desk and pee and be back to work in 2 minutes. Sometimes the PPE requirements alone will take you 10-15 minutes to even be able to get to the bathroom.

The ignorant indignation is hilarious, though.
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Statistically, they're people who came here legally and when their work visas lapsed, they didn't tell anyone about it. Yeah, there's a chunk of them that never came here legally and are working under the table for less than minimum wage, but there's also a chunk of them who are working for minimum wage or above and their bosses don't know or don't care that their visa expired.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Might as wel reintroduce slavery if cost of the product cost is valued over a person quality of life.

3:58

Some people take medication that makes them suddenly have to pee. Some people have medical conditions that do the same thing. You also shouldn't be required to disclose private medical information to your employer to receive adequate access to bathroom facilities.
    Well let's make rules and policy for every little special snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Well let's make rules and policy for every little special snowflake.
    You mean in compliance with the law?

Okay.

- - - Updated - - -

There also seems to be a lot of ignorance surrounding what it's like to actually work on a production floor.

Most places have different groups of workers (I worked in one that was grouped by first letter of last name) and they have those groups set up so that a large number of people can leave the plant floor at the same time to take lunches, bathroom breaks, etc. without having to stop the machinery.

You might get to work at 8am, and your first break isn't until 10:30am. You have to pee at 9:15am? Sucks to be you, wait until 10:30am.

You mean in compliance with the law?

Okay.
    But you just laid out an instance that probably effects 3 people in the US. They take medicine that makes them have to pee, they are at work, they are at a job that has a procedure for using the restroom, they have to go at some point outside of this procedure, they have to be denied, they have to be denied for a period of time that is adequate enough to be considered suffering, they need to be denied repeatedly before its a human rights issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Don't we have laws against this sort of bullshit?

This right here is why I always prefer regulation to "freedom." Because asshole managers will abuse their freedom in the name of production and profit on the backs of suffering workers.
    Yes we do. Someone gonna get sued.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    But you just laid out an instance that probably effects 3 people in the US. They take medicine that makes them have to pee, they are at work, they are at a job that has a procedure for using the restroom, they have to go at some point outside of this procedure, they have to be denied, they have to be denied for a period of time that is adequate enough to be considered suffering, they need to be denied repeatedly before its a human rights issue.
    How many people have high blood pressure?

How many people have overactive bladder disorder?

That isn't even a comprehensive list of conditions and medications that can cause you to have to pee frequently. It also doesn't address the possibility that if you are wearing PPE, it might take a substantial part of your break time just getting to the bathroom facility, and 30 minutes may not be enough time to do all of that and eat.

Although, given the other posters up above, I'm sure they would just tell people to eat while they're taking a shit or a piss. Might as well, they have a free hand.

I expect the next advancement in the long march to 'freedom' for businesses will be the return of the practice of payment in scrip. After all, what's more free than the ability for these companies to decide what their payment is spent on?

How many people have high blood pressure?

How many people have overactive bladder disorder?

That isn't even a comprehensive list of conditions and medications that can cause you to have to pee frequently. It also doesn't address the possibility that if you are wearing PPE, it might take a substantial part of your break time just getting to the bathroom facility, and 30 minutes may not be enough time to do all of that and eat.

Although, given the other posters up above, I'm sure they would just tell people to eat while they're taking a shit or a piss. Might as well, they have a free hand.

So, given your own posts how it could take a while to use the bathroom, should the company just let these people pee whenever they feel like it? Within 10 minutes, within 30 minutes? If someone has to be once every hour due to some medical condition, and its takes 10-15 minutes to take off gear and sanitize and put gear on and sanitize and get back to work, that would literally be 2 hours of work lost on an 8 hour shift. There is 0 chance a company can sustain this business model with even one employee, let alone several.