Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Pure vs. Hybrid doesn't exist anymore.

Please stop.

Since you cannot TANK and DPS at the same time, they removed this as a problem, and their ULTIMATE goal is to balance all ROLES within 5% of each other.

So, when you see someone doing 100k DPS, and you're doing 96k, don't get mad. When you see a class doing 110k, and you're doing 85k, then it's time to bitch.
    So, everyone that isn´t a mage/rogue/lock should "bitch" a lot...

Considering that DK cant be on top of DPS meters(6.2, hi), I can bet we gonna stay on the same situation as Monk and Shaman DPS are right now...cand do an OK DPS, but if you have melee classes with more utility (Retri/Warriors) or more damage (Rogues), bring them...Considering you are on a guild with a good bench and ppl with a close skill level...
    I compared us only with melee, because if you add Ranged x Melee, than we are screwed...

I love the mage/rogue/lock comments. Apart from mages, which will obvi always be in the top three, I can distinctly remember times when locks and rogues were terrible, and where just about every other class has been "super op." And that's not even getting into the difference between ST, multidot, aoe/cleave, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Halliax View Post
    Considering that DK cant be on top of DPS meters
    It's a good thing you have such amazing psychic powers and are able to tell this already, thank you for sure foresight.

In HFC we spend 3 days as the top DPS, before the nerf bat, history tends to repeat itself...Mages and Rogues spend almost the entire expansion on TOP, and the nerf/balance never came...Our tier set was nerfed, our class trinket was crap, all str trinkets were nerfed...while soul capacitor = god mode, and its simple "OK"...

Why bring any DPS on legion?
    No one has utility, except moonkins, because druid privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    the hybrid tax has been gone for years.
    Is THAT why the top dps specs are mage/rogue/warlock. All this time...

Always the same question from x class every expansion. And answer is also the same. Your class will be fine, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    To OP: "Bring the player, not the class"
    Doesn't work.
    Has never worked.
    Will never work.
    You'll stack whatever does the most DPS if everyone has zero utility.
    How many expansions until Blizzard realizes this? Probably too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The real problem dks are gonna face is there's too many melee dps specs now. With demon hunters they've added 3 since launch and not a single ranged spec, and fights consistently favor ranged for obvious reasons. So yeah it's gonna be tough to get in the door as a melee in most guilds.
    In my experience people tend to prefer melee or ranged. I'm guessing the influx of DHs will be drawn from other melee classes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Doesn't work.
    Has never worked.
    Will never work.
    You'll stack whatever does the most DPS if everyone has zero utility.
    How many expansions until Blizzard realizes this? Probably too many.
    Most guilds struggle to find 20 good players. Class stacking isn't an issue for the vast majority of the raid scene, you're most likely to run into it in a super top tier guild though where you're expected to play multiple classes in which case you knew what you were setting yourself up for to begin with.

Deleted
    Wouldn't worry too much. Unholy, in its current state has crap artifact traits compared to other classes which mean our power is baseline/talents.

As for the 'always bad' comments. I can't think of any fight where i felt weak or bad during WOD. Sure the prority target switching was lower than some but our ability to aoe/passive cleave anything within 30 or so yards was immense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Well sucks to be you then. Can't expect people to carry you through somewhat hard content because you don't like playing a spec. They might play a spec they dont enjoy all that much aswell, but they do it for the better of the guild.
    That's the problem though with these artifacts. I personally don't enjoy unholy as much as frost but I play it for the betterment of my guild on fights where it shines more. However it should not be like it is now in any point of time during a tier. The outlier top spec(regardless of class) should be within 5-7% of the bottom spec. With artifacts people are taking time to invest in them...if they dont get balancing right this expansion then they're beyond stupid and won't get my money anymore. Why I'm glad in beta, I am legitimately trying every class out to see what I would enjoy playing instead of my DK should it seem like balancing/tuning is an issue by the end of beta.

Regarding hybrids anyone who has paid attention to logs/streams of alpha know that Shadow Priests, Boomkins, Ele/Enh shamans and Havoc DHs are absolutely tearing it up right now.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Pure vs. Hybrid doesn't exist anymore.

Please stop.

Since you cannot TANK and DPS at the same time, they removed this as a problem, and their ULTIMATE goal is to balance all ROLES within 5% of each other.

So, when you see someone doing 100k DPS, and you're doing 96k, don't get mad. When you see a class doing 110k, and you're doing 85k, then it's time to bitch.
    Pure's v hybrid absolutely still exists. Mages, for example,has 100% always been the top DPS class. Maybe not in your raid, or in non-top guilds, but I don't care about that, and this thread is designed around top guilds. Blizzard has had that goal of balancing classes dps within 5% for over a decade and they have never done it. So yeah, if you want to speculate and say they may finally do it great, but based on literally 10 years of experience that will not happen. Every guild I've ever been a part of, and plan on being a part of will take the class over the player, because we don't accept players that don't perform at high skill. Bringing 8 mages if they can do more than 10% more then everyone else is 100% viable and if you have the means to do it you absolutely should if you care about competitive progression. If you care about having a balanced group comp, or if you only want to have fun, that is completely okay however this thread is not directed towards those players.

Mage is just an outlier. They're always good. That's unrelated to a hybrid tax.

Rogue, Warlock, and Hunters have all had periods where they're not that great.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    Pure's v hybrid absolutely still exists. Mages, for example,has 100% always been the top DPS class. Maybe not in your raid, or in non-top guilds, but I don't care about that, and this thread is designed around top guilds. Blizzard has had that goal of balancing classes dps within 5% for over a decade and they have never done it. So yeah, if you want to speculate and say they may finally do it great, but based on literally 10 years of experience that will not happen. Every guild I've ever been a part of, and plan on being a part of will take the class over the player, because we don't accept players that don't perform at high skill. Bringing 8 mages if they can do more than 10% more then everyone else is 100% viable and if you have the means to do it you absolutely should if you care about competitive progression. If you care about having a balanced group comp, or if you only want to have fun, that is completely okay however this thread is not directed towards those players.
    uh...TBC warlocks say hi.

You guys who believe Blizzard will magically get tuning and balance right in the next expansion after failing at it for over a decade are sadly deluded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    You guys who believe Blizzard will magically get tuning and balance right in the next expansion after failing at it for over a decade are sadly deluded.
    Well expecting them to get it spot on is delusional. Just you know. A little bit close

Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    Maybe in like 10 expansions they'll realize that they can't actually do "bring the player not the class" and give classes unique utility again? Who cares if my DK player does 15% less DPS than our mage, he brings gorefiends! Who cares if our enhancement shaman is bottom of the DPS, he brings windfury totem and 10% AP buff grace of air etc!

Bring back class utility.

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Maybe in like 10 expansions they'll realize that they can't actually do "bring the player not the class" and give classes unique utility again? Who cares if my DK player does 15% less DPS than our mage, he brings gorefiends! Who cares if our enhancement shaman is bottom of the DPS, he brings windfury totem and 10% AP buff grace of air etc!

Bring back class utility.
    Depends how extreme they go with that mentality though, I played since release so i have seen just how "bad" the disparity can be when your benefit is utility. But at the same time its great that every spec is wanted and brings something unique. And i personally dont even care if Mages/Rogues/Locks are the highest DPS my personal view back in vanilla when a played a Ret/Holy hybrid was that i could debuff wisdom judgement for the casters in group, BoP the Mage if he pulled aggro, Salvation the warlock and spot heal / Divine intervention the healer to save a wipe (because mob respawns back then were LOL).

Hybrids at that time provided an extremely nice playstyle if you did it well back then (until you started raiding and it all kinda fell part )