10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoaric View Post
    To be fair, that's not lore, that's game play.
    Yes and no. Taken by itself, that was WC1 lore. There was no clear winner. WC2 canonized the Horde's victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Don't waste your keyboard with these people
    Hell, definitely not. But I love seeing how certain things never really change.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    What do you guys think of the camera-swing that starts at the half of the fourth clip? Timed perfectly with what Durotan was talking about, it seems like a pretty smart cinematographic effect to me and I haven't seen it done much in other movies.
    I can't say I haven't seen it before but rarely in such a good way. It emphasized well the first seed of doubt hinted by Durotan about the apparently straightforward situation (we're here to claim a new home and gg).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    Nah, they're fishing for validation. Agreeing opinions.
    Well, they aren't getting many from what I can see. And we're talking about MMO-C here, not exactly known for its shortage of haters and trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I can't say I haven't seen it before but rarely in such a good way.
    Well, it's not a first, of course. What I was mostly referring to was the timing. I'm not sure if the camera ever followed a character's point this vividly before. I'm not claiming it hasn't been done, I just can't think of a similar example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Spanish Inquisition is easier to explain than two fantasy worlds with magic.
    The Spanish Inquisition is the setting of the AC movie. The temporal setting. It's not really what the movie is about. We all know that. We don't really know to detail what the movie is about. What Warcraft is about isn't that complicated. Neither is the setting. There's this world with humans and elves and dwarves on it, and now orcs have come there to make a home for themselves. That's the setting. Nothing complicated about it.

Deleted
    Haha funny video I found

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, they aren't getting many from what I can see. And we're talking about MMO-C here, not exactly known for its shortage of haters and trolls.
    It mainly falls down to those few enlightened minds who seriously believe that the more you copy-paste from the source material the better the movie is. Even Destinaus searched a greener pasture there considered the little success he had here.

The story is good so far, that's evident. It's not boring, is entertaining, it's easy to follow and works, with those few twists that makes it better. That's literally the most you can squeeze from the First War. Duncan (and admittedly supported by Blizzard as well) definitely did a remarkable job in turning an apparently boring story into something worth to watch. And that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Lothar's son is such a young boy. Scared shitless lol

"What did I get myself into"

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It mainly falls down to those few enlightened minds who seriously believe that the more you copy-paste from the source material the better the movie is. Even Destinaus searched a greener pasture there considered the little success he had here.

The story is good so far, that's evident. It's not boring, is entertaining, it's easy to follow and works, with those few twists that makes it better. That's literally the most you can squeeze from the First War. Duncan (and admittedly supported by Blizzard as well) definitely did a remarkable job in turning an apparently boring story into something worth to watch. And that's all.
    For a "fun, dumb, blockbuster based on a popular videogame", it definitely seems like it has some potential as a serious movie on its own. I don't think you can realistically get a much better adaptation with the current technological and market limitations.

Like, I would have loved for the humans to be CGI Warcraft humans too, but I understand that movie would have never worked in today's world. Same thing for many of the controversial changes, some stuff simply doesn't translate into good film-making or non-interactive storytelling.

I do hope we get some interviews after it's released where Duncan explains some of those decisions. I trust that he did the best he could, but I would like to know the reasons behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    The Spanish Inquisition is the setting of the AC movie. The temporal setting. It's not really what the movie is about. We all know that. We don't really know to detail what the movie is about. What Warcraft is about isn't that complicated. Neither is the setting. There's this world with humans and elves and dwarves on it, and now orcs have come there to make a home for themselves. That's the setting. Nothing complicated about it.
    It's Assassin's Creed, it's a very simple universe and premise, the Templars are using the main character to get info about a Piece of Eden with Animus. And that's it (I assume that's the story of the movie, since it's the story of every single AC game).

Now look at Warcraft and the countless little details that we see in the trailers from the Warcraft universe. Heck, that's what the reviewers are saying, the simple fact that the orcs have more character than the humans shows that Warcraft is going into new concepts. The general public that knows nothing about Warcraft are so used to "humans good, orcs bad" and that by itself is already more complex than AC will ever be (and I love AC, it's my second favorite gaming franchise after Warcraft).

CGI mimics is astonishingly bad. Animations are bad, too. The armor, however, doesn't look so plastic now.
    Someone mismanaged their CGI budget, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    CGI mimics is astonishingly bad. Animations are bad, too. The armor, however, doesn't look so plastic now.
    Someone mismanaged their CGI budget, it seems.
    CGI looks very good, in comparison to earlier trailers, but that's to be expected as they still edit scenes up to two weeks before release.

see what i did there? it's called an opinion

Even with jerky lip movements?

I love the chemistry and friendship between Durotan and Orgrim. Its exactly how I imagined them from Rise of the Horde.
    And the visuals are fantastic, the Orcs look as real as the humans. I just really hope its well received by those who are not familiar with Warcraft through the games

Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    the Orcs look as real as the humans
    I don't know, Khadgar looks fake.

Dude are you seriously criticising how people's lips move? lol

Deleted
    I think that Robert Kazinsky and Daniel Wu will steal the movie. Perhaps also Ben Foster.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know, Khadgar looks fake.
    That mustache? Bad CGI.

Deleted
    Sorry, but that's not a thing. That's how the actors' actual lips moved.

I can't take baby Khadgar serious with his chubba chub face and chin fluff.

Is he supposed to be the comic relief?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post

No, he is supposed to be the 17 years old novice that was chosen as apprentice to the most powerful spellcaster in Azeroth.

Think of Samwise Gamgee, he's naive and he thinks he knows it all, but the war quickly changes his personality until he finally becomes a hero.

Deleted

He's supposed to be a 17 year old mage apprentice who never had a fight in his life basically.