Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I generally see her as being someone that is rich and famous, so she doesn't have to really worry about what social policy a republican will sign into a law if they were to be elected since it won't effect her no matter what.
    Basically. And she's lived a life where she never dealt with the problems of being poor. The problems of being a woman. Or the problems of being trans from a young age when your government is actively trying to oppress them.

Frankly, I don't give a shit what she or Hollywood thinks. Their opinions are about as valuable to my day-to-day as my cat throwing up.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Good?

I mean Jenner should get a lot more flack for killing someone than either of those but that kinda got swept under the rug. Still Republicans, even the non-Tea Partiers have reached well past the point of being acceptable in the developed world — their views outdated, their views on governance disproven, their lies arrogant and bald-faced; it is time for the American Right to do what it has in every other developed nation, curl up in the corner and weep while the rest of the country moves on without them.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    There was a time when rational adults picked a side of an issue, but still saw the merit in the other side. By definition controversial issues have pros and cons on both sides. Somewhere along the way, we decided our own opinion is so obviously superior, that anyone who has a different view must be stupid or crazy. I estimate this started around the Clinton administration, give or take a cycle.

But the fact of the matter is, if you can't see the merit of the opposing view, you are the stupid one, not the other side.
    Argument to moderation fallacy. There are plenty of cases where the opposing view has no merit at all. There's zero merit in denying climate change, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Argument to moderation fallacy. There are plenty of cases where the opposing view has no merit at all. There's zero merit in denying climate change, for example.
    Or denying same sex marriage. Some issues truly are black and white

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Trust me, the conservatives railing on about gay marriage do not want black and white mingling either. The venn diagram is a perfect circle.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

This is not a surprise. Being a Republican is rather shameful these days.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The old quote: "The middle ground between a lie and the truth is a lie."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    How is he not in jail after killing those people in a car wreck is what I want to know.
    buckle up buckaroo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    How is he not in jail after killing those people in a car wreck is what I want to know.
    I always thought the same thing about Laura Bush.

Money greases the wheels of justice, or whatever.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Deleted
    Is that why so many transmen still have their uterii(uterus? lol) I wonder? Maybe the cost is insanely high though, so idk, I've never thought about it really until you mention this.
    My roomie during my surgery stay last year was a 25 year old transman (guy was so masculine it wasn't funny, physically his arms were twice the size of mine lol) and he had a masectomy and hysterectomy so the "Not under 30" rule doesn't count for transmen here. But this is the Netherlands, slightly different perhaps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    This is not a surprise. Being a Republican is rather shameful these days.
    Blame the republicans?

That translates to:

"I'm seeking for attention anyhow I can"

I know we already did this thread.

It is Caitlyn's choice and knows the stance that most of the Republican Party is on LBGT issues. Actually it is more transgender now (yes irony there). If she believes that cheaper taxes or smaller government is more important than her not choosing her bathroom or in some places getting fired.

Some transgender have spoken out about her not really facing the discrimination as most had to suffer. So she basically has no empathy of others. To me a Republican trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Blame the republicans?
    I just think the GOP is utterly pathetic and hypocritical. Their stances are constantly contradictory, and they have an intense desire to force their beliefs onto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Aren't you the one stereotyping here?
    How the hell am I stereotyping? Both of these facts are true:

Catilyn Jenner is a Transgender Woman.
    Catilyn Jenner is a Republican.

She's getting flak for supporting a political part that has been spouting really anti-LGBT craziness as of late. The two points are linked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that why so many transmen still have their uterii(uterus? lol) I wonder? Maybe the cost is insanely high though, so idk, I've never thought about it really until you mention this.
    I doubt it, my gf's doctor said it was due to being too young to make such a drastic change. It's been 20 years sense she tried and she has not bothered with it again, but we don't have kids and the meds she is on will keep that from happening. In a way the doctor was right, but it didn't matter in the end.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    A Trans person is getting tons of flack for being part of the party actively working against their interests!? Colour me shocked!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Some transgender have spoken out about her not really facing the discrimination as most had to suffer. So she basically has no empathy of others. To me a Republican trait.
    Yeah, he gets absurd special treatment. I still don't understand him winning woman of the year. It's litteraly saying that a man, who became a woman for just a couple of years, is more deserving than those who have been women their whole life. I'm not denying it was brave, but the guy has Olympic medals, a gorgeous and supporting wife, a couple of dumb as shit kids, as a man. Yet, is a woman of the year... His wife deserves it more... How about a random transgendered, who doesn't have the family and cultural support. The ones being called perverts for the bathrooms they use. Jenner will never face the issues women or most transgendered will face. Cult of personality to the extreme...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Because no one gives a fuck if she thinks she is a guy or a girl. But the fact that she would actively vote for the political party that wants to prevent her from using the bathroom that she wants? That just makes her fucking dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Because no one gives a fuck if she thinks she is a guy or a girl. But the fact that she would actively vote for the political party that wants to prevent her from using the bathroom that she wants? That just makes her fucking dumb.
    How do you know which washroom she wants to use?