Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If you do the Quel'delar quest chain you get to see the isle of quel'danas restored which was pretty nice. I would love to see an updated silver moon since my main is a blood elf paladin. However the trouble blizzard faces is how new blood elves can be introduced in the new questing zone. inhinestly hate blizzards way of just ditching a place after the expansion it was in is over. This is an MMO. It should be an ever changing world. However this game engine is too old to be able to do that and it would require a lot of work to change dialogues and quests every expansion to reflect the "new world".

TLDR: this is what happens when a game is 12 years old with multiple expansions without changing the core game. Since WoW stays the same game butnisnjust added to they can't make huge changes like normal games can. Other games can just start fresh with a brand new game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSZr5VHyfnw

And not even 10 hours a work shame on you Blizzard.
    Well done. You removed all the introductory story from the game that explains why the Blood Elves join the horde. You sure put Blizzard to shame, you really did. Are you going to sterilize Ghostlands next, too?

As a huge Blood Elf (lore) fan and with how much I love Quel'Thalas, especially Ghostlands, I like what was done in that video. If Blizzard ends up doing this and removes the portal, that south gate will have a nice flow between GL and EPL. On the other hand, I would prefer nothing be touched, because in coloring over the scar, you're removing one of the best story lines in my opinion, well as implementing flying into noted zone (assumption). When I go to QT, it reminds me of what happened in Warcraft 3.

Really?Did you see Suramar?That put every zone and city to shame.

Why would they waste their time on a zone that nobody visits.I would like to see the elfs's progress of healing the land,but is not worth in my opinion.

If they restore Eversong and Ghostlands it would have to change name,would become North Eversong forest and South Eversong forest or just a great map called Eversong forest.(Its no problem just doesnt make sense call a beautifull forest Ghostland)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I'm pretty sure just changing out the terrain and building models is the easy part. Next is double checking the coding, making certain there's no "fall through the world" spots or areas that are passable/impassable that shouldn't be.

Then there's changing out and placing the NPC models, making new creature paths, profession node spawns, etc miscellaneous things.

After that they have to consider, what do these changes mean within the world, and how does that affect the Blood Elf starting experience. That means potentially developing a whole new questing experience and coding that! which of course the designers at Blizz would want to develop something that compares to today's standards and not BC zzz crap.

Oh, and after doing ALL that, they have to do just as much work for the Draenei starting zone, to be fair to the Alliance players.
    Also Blizzard puts high standards on themselves. They wouldn't just rework the zones for the sake of reworking it. They'd completely overhaul it and add it to the "Azeroth plane" so that you can get into there without going through a portal and you'd be able to fly in there (for those who don't know it, BC starting zones are on the BC "map". Quel'Thalas is actually in the nether near Outland, which is why you can't just fly in those zones from Azeroth)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Because you have actually changed the whole zone and not just the terrain, yes?
    Come on man, he did say only 10 hours he was very impressed. Imagine what this guy could do with 6 months like Blizz LMAO
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Come on man, he did say only 10 hours he was very impressed. Imagine what this guy could do with 6 months like Blizz LMAO
    He could copy&paste new zones?

Oh, wow. As someone who loves Eversong more than pretty much any other zone in the game, I never realized the extent I wanted this until I saw that video.

It really changes the feel of the zone, and my god, the outdated yet oddly timeless style of Eversong could easily work today even without any changes. I mean hell, I would actually like it if they kept the BC art style and didn't tune it up graphically because it works so well with Eversong that I can't imagine it any other way.

This is purely personal opinion and I'm sure someone would hate me for saying this, but I'd take a month or two delay on Legion or any other major patch if it meant they'd do something like this ingame. A restored Quel'thalas would be amazing.

That being said, if Blizzard actually did something like this I'd want them to give Ghostlands an independent aesthetic. Maybe a bit more deep woods-ish, considering the primary new enemy would likely be the Amani trolls, and a bit more a wild vibe. It's mentioned many times that blood elves twisted Eversong with magic to become more beautiful, so Ghostlands could represent an untamed natural side of Quel'thalas, with portions of it that are elevated and mountainous peeking over the canopies (like Tranquilien for example).
    Last edited by Irian; 2016-05-09 at 12:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How hard would it be to take Quel'Thalas and the Draenei islands from "Outland" and put them in their actual locations in the real world, I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    To the people bitching and saying Blizzard would need to do a lot more, like coding, yadda yadda.

Yeah, perhaps. But a refuse to believe that the blood elfs couldn't even restore a FRACTION of their lands since TBC. A lot of places got an overhaul back in Cata. Yet Quel'Thalas just sits there in its own little bubble. I'd at least like to see silvermoon rebuild and or the areas outside of it.
    Considering there is a quest in Eversong that EXPLICITLY states the Dead Scar is irreparable...

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    How hard would it be to take Quel'Thalas and the Draenei islands from "Outland" and put them in their actual locations in the real world, I wonder.
    It's not impossible, but it's more than a cut and paste.The real question is: "Why would they do that?" Just you you can fly there? Not much reward, for so much work. Besides, there is no one big map for Azeroth - Kalimdor, Azeroth, Northrend, Pandora, and The Broken Shore (or whatever) all have their own instance and blade. They put an expansions content all on one server - the only time they didn't do that is cata, MoP's non-Pandarian content was not in the normal Kalimdor map, it was a copy of Org on the MoP blade. Any time you hit a loading screen going from place to place, you're going to a different blade. They did some amazing things with this tech, for garrisons, where you transition to a different blade when you enter your garrison, and the transition is seamless, so maybe they could implement that for old zones - but don't hold your breath, it took 6 years to fix Stormwind.

WOW is the game known for being played on toasters, and a map that big? Lots of people wouldnt be able to load it and play it, and it's too much for one blade to handle, anyway. I don't think the tech is where they can handle an entire realm's worth of players on one map, quite yet. Maybe they'll use the garrison tech to good use in the future, bit I doubt it - they have no intentions of revisiting old maps and content, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    He could copy&paste new zones?
    We could have a whole blood elf themed continent! No quests or... anything, really, but imagine the possibilities!

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Server-wise? Probably not too hard. The thing is, they would still be no-flight zones, otherwise they'd need to be completely revamped.

Falling from your mount and going through a portal isn't all that different.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2016-05-09 at 11:03 PM.

Right, that one with the shard that spawns ghosty things.
    But that was a long time ago. Surely they must have found a way to reserve or heal the earth or just dig it all into one big pile and dumb that pile somewhere else.
    Could be a whole sub plot, hire the goblins to cart off the stuff, and they get infected, and we have to go in and take them out, and save the rest, and Gallywix could be ripping off the Blood Elves, there's all kinds of opportunity there.

But the odds of them revamping old zones, after the complaining about Cata, probably not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, that one with the shard that spawns ghosty things.
    But that was a long time ago. Surely they must have found a way to reserve or heal the earth or just dig it all into one big pile and dumb that pile somewhere else.
    I thought there was a quest that showed that it could heal? Also, they never tried druids. Or Shaman. Or Death Knights. Now that the Ebon Blade exists, they could help with their knowledge of Scourge magic. The events of the Eversong quests take place very early in the Blood Elves' time in the Horde. The player character doesn't even know it until they reach the Ghostlands. Once the full resources of the Horde are more opened to the Blood Elves, they can find a way. The Sunwell's return doesn't hurt either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Could be a whole sub plot, hire the goblins to cart off the stuff, and they get infected, and we have to go in and take them out, and save the rest, and Gallywix could be ripping off the Blood Elves, there's all kinds of opportunity there.

But the odds of them revamping old zones, after the complaining about Cata, probably not going to happen.
    The complaints about Cata are that everything has been lava'd up for a few years now. A starting zone revamp would be welcomed by all, I think.

10+ Year Old Account

Why shame on Blizzard?

There are quests in that zone that deal with the the conflict therein.

By "fixing" the zone, you are removing conflict and thus removing the entire starting experience altogether, unless of course you waste MORE development time on adding NEW things to the zone, on top of just "fixing the terrain"

I do not see the difference... Maybe it is because it has been since Burning Crusade that I have visited Eversong Woods...
    Last edited by RedGamer030; 2016-05-12 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I o not see the difference... Maybe it is because it has been since Burning Crusade that I have visited Eversong Woods...
    You don't see the difference in a video that shows "Before\After" clips?

Why shitposting just for shitpost?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Why shitposting just for shitpost?
    Having a bad day? I just do not see the difference. No "shit-posting" here.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Having a bad day? I just do not see the difference. No "shit-posting" here.
    How is pointing the obvious having a bad day?

It's literally the difference between an array of black\browns to full blown greens. Color blind, by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    It makes absolutely zero sense for the Dead Scar to ever recover from the damage the Scourge did to it.
    Because...Arthas walked on it? Guess there is a very very VERY Dead Scar leading from the Frozen Throne to the Frozen Wal-Mart