Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/...e%20spellstaff

Stages 1 and 2 are quite cheap, true, but you can get better un-upgraded items from follower missions in the Garrison (ilvl 645). It gets quite a lot more expensive after that-- Stages 4 and 5 are more like 12k at ilvls 660/675, and you can get equivalent loot from killing solo mobs in Tanaan Jungle. Stage 5 is the first one that's actually useful after more than a week at maximum level, and it costs 26k gold.

Of course your server will vary. But even 10k is a lot of money for a single item as a new boosted level 100.
    mythic dungeons are free, will groups asking 720+ accept you? no can you play the game as intended get to 660-670, and look for other like minded 660-670's to do mythic dungeons? yes, you might even get a few 715 loom trinkets, also the mythic dungeons will feel like progress and a challenge exactly what people should look for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Then 2 million gold for a mount is madness. If you can't get filthy rich in Legion then this is Blizzards way to boost the token sales - with a game that has a subscription fee. That would be disgusting.
    this is the only reason i can think of. ppl with money who want the mount are goin to pay real money to get it. and ppl wont be able to bitch about them selling cool mount on the in game store cause you can only get it with gold

Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    I'm not sure how you can say this never becomes an issue, it's already an issue and is evidenced by the fact that some people were able to participate in the economy (i.e. make millions of gold from thousands) and some were not (i.e. sitting on 23,418g right now, unable to even really get started).

The people who currently have low purchasing power, owing to their lack of participation in the economy during WoD, in some cases literally cannot afford to buy even a single Stage 1-3 Crafted Item. That's not "an issue" of inflation?

Edit: It's also partly on the player to actually make an attempt to accrue some wealth, if they want it, but a large part of the problem is that the moment the inflation hits (at the beginning of every expansion)... some people utilize it and increase their in-game wealth exponentially and some do not. If this inflation didn't really occur to begin with, the widening of the wealth gap wouldn't be occurring as rapidly.
    You could probably double your gold just by crafting your own item and selling it. But see, thats your choice. And this isn't the real world where not having enough "gold" means you'll starve to death, or your car might get repo'ed. It just means you won' be able to buy mounts and things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will I get it? Probably not. But I do know people who have a ridiculous amount of gold sitting in WoW. I don't see the issue here. If people want to spend real money on tokens to buy this mount, let them. What is one mount that you don't have?

There are ultra rare mounts in the game that people farm for for ages. Take the Time-Lost Proto-drake for example...most people will never ever get that mount. Is that unfair? No. It's a time investment for those who do work for it, following flight paths and waiting at spawn points. This mount isn't any different. I think it's appropriate. It's one mount. It's ok if you don't have it.

one more time . . .

They should rename the mount to Silkk the Shocker

Alpha/Beta puts in placeholder gold prices. They probably haven't even put the mount in the game yet, so they set the price so high that no one can buy it since it doesn't exist yet. 120,000 is the most a mount has been from a vendor so far; they will surely lower the price for live.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Alpha/Beta puts in placeholder gold prices. They probably haven't even put the mount in the game yet, so they set the price so high that no one can buy it since it doesn't exist yet. 120,000 is the most a mount has been from a vendor so far; they will surely lower the price for live.
    Then you haven't seen the blue posts saying that 2mil is not a place holder. The mount is also in Legion and quite usable.

Deleted
    so now everyone who didn't played wod fully got fucked if they want to buy anything from legion

Level 110 grey drops sell for 113g. You'll be at a disadvantage, but since Blizzard chose to double-down on inflation, you will be able to afford stuff eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishiyumi View Post
    so now everyone who didn't played wod fully got fucked if they want to buy anything from legion
    They will have whole Legion to get gold and it seems from what people suggest Legion will shower us in gold so WOD garrison farmers will be nullified in a way that gold will be nothing in comparison to Legion amounts, a drop in the ocean.

What matters though is if you have garrison gold now, you better buy stuff like player crafted mounts or boosts (if that's up your alley) because prices on everything will for sure rise together with inflation. If you're buying stuff like raid lockouts for mount farming, bloody coins boosts, nemesis boost, levelling alt boosts, sky golem, jc panthers and so on, expect those to rise in price. Limited quantity pets and mounts that are player sold and not vendor sold too. I'm glad I bought my vial and all TCG pets back in MOP, they only rose in price in WOD (removing bartering was only part of the reason). Legion will make it worse.

P.S. Oh ye, and stockpile tokens if you didn't already. This thing will only go up. I don't have 2-3 years prepaid on my account but I did stockpile 10 tokens for usage just in case.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-05-12 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    They will have whole Legion to get gold and it seems from what people suggest Legion will shower us in gold so WOD garrison farmers will be nullified in a way that gold will be nothing in comparison to Legion amounts, a drop in the ocean.

What matters though is if you have garrison gold now, you better buy stuff like player crafted mounts or boosts (if that's up your alley) because prices on everything will for sure rise together with inflation. If you're buying stuff like raid lockouts for mount farming, bloody coins boosts, nemesis boost, levelling alt boosts, sky golem, jc panthers and so on, expect those to rise in price. Limited quantity pets and mounts that are player sold and not vendor sold too. I'm glad I bought my vial and all TCG pets back in MOP, they only rose in price in WOD (removing bartering was only part of the reason). Legion will make it worse.
    Yeah, kind of like now I'm going to have to finally spend 700k+ for the Spectral Tiger. Always been on the fence for it, but seeing as how people will up it to 3 million, if not a fuck ton more, I might as well get it now.

Deleted
    i can barely get to 150k atm. how the hell am i gonna get to 2 mil? im too lazy to do the same thing over and over for gold...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moogletimes View Post
    i can barely get to 150k atm. how the hell am i gonna get to 2 mil? im too lazy to do the same thing over and over for gold...
    You aren't. Its not for you. It's for people who put the effort into making gold.

You will benefit from it though, as your gold will raise in value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    You aren't. Its not for you. It's for people who put the effort into making gold.

You will benefit from it though, as your gold will raise in value.
    oh i do know that gold will raise in value, but its gonna take a while for that to kick in and during that time i will be forced to waste my gold on other stuff during leveling. i also thought about maybe just stacking some things into bank and save it for legion to sell it then. but im too lazy to do that too xD

but im too lazy
    And that's why you'll always be poor.

if you're lazy i can assume you don't have lord of the reins (300 mounts) why is this one so special? do you even have every vendor/crafted mount?

if you want a raid or pvp mount you get good and get it. if you want the most expensive mount you learn how to make gold and buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Blizzard should never introduce something the majority of player base can not get! 2 million is beyond impossible! Just like getting 13/13 mythic! Or getting gladiator !

Seriously spend some effort to earn something than complain about it.
    i was getting mad til i realized you were being sarcastic.

Well played

wait... 2 million golds for this retarded looking mount and it doesn't have an ability to climb onto the walls? Brb writing a hateful letter to blizzard... fuck you

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yeah, kind of like now I'm going to have to finally spend 700k+ for the Spectral Tiger. Always been on the fence for it, but seeing as how people will up it to 3 million, if not a fuck ton more, I might as well get it now.
    why the hell do you want this dupe mount that doesn't even grant to fly ability? It's a gastly ghostly mount what the fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Before WoD, the most I ever had was ~30k. With Garrisons it was 200k.
    2 million sounds beyond impossible.
    That depends... I mean before WoD my top was 2.3M. In WoD was around 16M. Anyway I won't spend 2M on a mount. Probably to spend that amount I must have 40-50M sitting on a bank. That's never going to happend probably.