Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    TBH, I'm actually surprised this wasn't done years ago. It certainly isn't the first time that a previous expansion tiers have been used to gimmick some ability or spell before a pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    How does Blizz expect ppl to do TW when ppl arnt there to carry?

Have fun doing places like Endtime with raidfinder gear/players. thank god i got my timereaver already
    TW is a joke with or without old sets and a pile of sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    They are lazy to update all of them for new class changes, thus disabled. You expected something else from a company like Blizzard?
    I can't fucking stand attitudes like this. When somebody says something along the lines of "BLIZZ IS LAZY" I can't help but feel sorry for the fact that they don't understand anything about anything, and life must be difficult for somebody in that predicament.

This game has been around for over a decade, with new sets being released multiple times per expansion. The vast majority of these sets are obsolete in every conceivable way. Many of them involve skills that don't even exist.

In what bizarre sphere of reality can anybody expect Blizzard to maintain an ever-increasing body of old sets just so that people can participate in a goofy Timewalking mini-game of min-maxing via finding which set bonuses have accidentally become overpowered due to mechanics changes?

What a dumb complaint.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Your comments are moronic.

Are you under the impression that blizzard is regarded as some failure of a gaming company. Drives me nuts reading little bandwagon posts like yours that just run around spouting whatever comment you think makes you look 'in' with the current mood. You can hate blizz ... dislike their design choices ... not like their games ... or just not like metzen's face if that is what does it for you. But to call blizz lazy or imply that they are a shit company in some way just makes you look like a mindless 5 year old repeating what he saw somebody else post.

Cheers!
    This a million times over, applied to 90% of the posts on MMO champion for the past 5 years. You literally just described what these forums have turned into. Thank You <3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    I can't fucking stand attitudes like this. When somebody says something along the lines of "BLIZZ IS LAZY" I can't help but feel sorry for the fact that they don't understand anything about anything, and life must be difficult for somebody in that predicament.

This game has been around for over a decade, with new sets being released multiple times per expansion. The vast majority of these sets are obsolete in every conceivable way. Many of them involve skills that don't even exist.

In what bizarre sphere of reality can anybody expect Blizzard to maintain an ever-increasing body of old sets just so that people can participate in a goofy Timewalking mini-game of min-maxing via finding which set bonuses have accidentally become overpowered due to mechanics changes?

What a dumb complaint.
    And this, it's irrelevant, old af content. Blizzard aren't lazy in the slightest, I don't think people understand game development in the slightest. They just log onto MMO-Champ and just say random words until somebody notices them...

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    Yeah, Blizz has essentially neutered Timewalking. A large part of the fun was collecting and using older sets. Now you will just find the pieces with the most sockets and slap a primary gem in them. Where is the thought and fun in that???

I understand that a lot of sets' bonuses no longer work but some of them still did so why throw the baby out with the bath water?
    Just replace tier gear with socketed off pieces from MoP. (In preparation for the inevitable TWing MoP dungeons)

Sure you lose optimal tier set bonuses but you still gain tremendous power from the socketed stats.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    Has Blizzard even confirmed that there will be Timewalking in Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Has Blizzard even confirmed that there will be Timewalking in Legion?
    Yup.

With possibilities of expanding on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaeden View Post
    All right, that makes sense, maybe disable them for Current Raids (while inside the instance.)

But, I'm sorry, the problem in that YouTube video is not some stupid set swapping, but how the Legendary Ring interacts with Arcane cooldowns and trinket procs. It's ridiculously stupid.
    Look at 0:04, ALL of the mage's suddenly "drop" 25% in health, while in fact it's caused by equipping proper HFC Mythic gear instead of old tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Look at 0:04, ALL of the mage's suddenly "drop" 25% in health, while in fact it's caused by equipping proper HFC Mythic gear instead of old tiers.
    Not quite OT, but this seems to be one of the underlying reasons behind this very odd change.

Mage T12 bonus for Arcane is -10% mana costs while Arcane Power is active.

Now, the set up really revolves around current broken arcane mage mechanics:
    Rune of Power (+% increase), Legendary Ring (+% increase), Arcane Power (+% increase), Mastery (+% Increase)(Arcane mastery is already being nerfed, and I understand other specs have their gimmick), and Ring Explosion, which easialy accounts for 50-70% of the damage on these "Mythic Boss Dies In Less Than 1 Min" videos.

Add in Class Trinket/Trinket Proc's & Time Warp, and then STACK 15 MAGES, then yes, they can cheese 1+ year old content.

My beef is with the HUGE overcompensation on Blizzard's part with taking a sledgehammer to a problem that just needed 1 tweek:
    Enable Sets in Timewalking, or Disable Sets in Current Raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Another solid point no one has mentioned yet that we ALL will experience.

You buy Legion, install it, log on your main to start leveling, and BOOM - no HFC set bonuses. No PVP set bonuses for when that Undead Rogue ganks you again.

Why turn these off in the general WoW world?

Makes no sense.

Edited for double posting.

My beef is with the HUGE overcompensation on Blizzard's part with taking a sledgehammer to a problem that just needed 1 tweek:
    Enable Sets in Timewalking, or Disable Sets in Current Raids.
    What do you propose they do about the fact that many set bonuses obviously were intended for a totally different period in the game where skills often had completely different purposes or where the skills involved don't even exist anymore? Just perpetually tweak them?

Another solid point no one has mentioned yet that we ALL will experience.

You buy Legion, install it, log on your main to start leveling, and BOOM - no HFC set bonuses. No PVP set bonuses for when that Undead Rogue ganks you again.

Why turn these off in the general WoW world?

Makes no sense.
    If you read the actual patch note, you would see that the set bonus disabling only applies to sets prior to WoD.

Deleted
    I swear to god you people will COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING that is blue posted from blizzard, just for the sake that you are complaining about blizzard, how the hell can this even flinch anyone holy hell.....Please consider being a grown up and not complain about anything that is announced by them.

Quote Originally Posted by filo155 View Post
    I swear to god you people will COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING that is blue posted from blizzard, just for the sake that you are complaining about blizzard, how the hell can this even flinch anyone holy hell.....Please consider being a grown up and not complain about anything that is announced by them.
    I prefer "discussion". Since saying anything on MMO versus something like, I don't know, the OFFICIAL forums, is essentially meaningless.

We're all gamers, and we're all people who like to chat about games.

Thank you, Krom2040, that's at least something.

It's a pretty massive change so obviously it can cause some uproar. I take it you like being the submissive part, never say anything about anything because it can be disregarded as whining and good for you, but some people actually do engage in opinionated discussions occasionally. Many things said in this thread are valid concerns even if they don't bother you.

I'll happily agree that the tone of most complaints could change, but don't forget that we are paying customers voicing an opinion regarding the future of a product that many of us have been purchasing regularly for over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    RIP Herald of the titans
    Herald of the titans will still be easy without set bonuses..

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    RIP Herald of the titans
    I did it with a group of people in Blues during MoP. I am sure after all the changes and the squish its even easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    OH COME ON! Mixing and matching set bonuses for Timewalking was such a joy for me.

Edit: Leave it to Mages to ruin it for everyone.

Last edited by Ihnasir; 2016-05-13 at 12:16 AM.