10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I can see AS needing something on it to be fun as otherwise it's just absorb+dmg with traits but no direct rotation interaction.
    I still think GC procs should take 4 seconds off SHoR recharge. I mean GC Used to grant 1 HP, so it makes sense for it now to help charge regen.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Its the same as live atm for tank desirability - Prot Pally/Guardian druid, above all else the main deciding factor is the damage dealt difference, the other tanks are not even close, mitigation wise Protection Paladin is also pretty significantly in front of everything else.

Tbh i think guardian/paladin are the better tanks atm, gameplay and raid spot wise.
    I've a serious love for both my Paladin and my Druid, but if I have to chose one to tank on, it will always be my Paladin. I didn't get in on this wave of beta, so if you or the others reading have, it would be awesome to see updates as tuning/pruning continues.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    I would comment on how Prot is in it's current Beta iteration, but the loading screen boss is currently cockblocking me.

This feels more broken than Alpha was, preasu Blizz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Which is why I am going to give it a week or two before even trying to enter :>
    Unacceptable. Did you not get the memo that said you must play the Beta as soon as it's up?

And honestly watching preach talk out of his ass and act as a less kungen kungen for 15+ min isn't worth it.
    omglol

My feels though is the vid is more about the tanking scene in general and how we're lacking in reward for good play. But maybe that's me projecting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OrcinusDrake View Post
    omglol

My feels though is the vid is more about the tanking scene in general and how we're lacking in reward for good play. But maybe that's me projecting.
    Lim has an inherent hatred for community figures that aren't prot paladin mains. I fear he was dropped on his head as a child, bless him.

Jokes aside, Preach makes some very good points about the tanking scene in general for Legion. Potentially less so about the past/some classes etc but regarding the future of tanks, he made some accurate points. Regardless of personal opinions on Preach, Sloot, Toweliee etc - it's always good when they broach topics in a way that aligns with how many of us are feeling because it raises exposure to the issues far more than we ever have. Whilst he missed a few points and was wishy-washy on some others, he definitely broached the issues that needed to be addressed.
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2016-05-13 at 12:10 PM.

Tbh i was under impression that Preach is a prot main. My feelings to him don't even have as much to do with him as a player as with him as a person and things he did in the past.

My feelings to him don't even have as much to do with him as a player as with him as a person and things he did in the past.
    Where did he touch you

Deleted
    This reminds me of MoP release, except with considerably more lag.

I've been in the same spot for ~10 minutes, watching more people pile on.

Update: I moved!
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2016-05-14 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post
    Where did he touch you
    At the end of SoO, and mostly mionelol

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if im wrong, but since Prot Paladins lost Holy Power, do they just have mana for shit'n'giggles? it seems that they get all their abilities for free whereas every other class need to build to spend... Every vid i've seen it looks like Paladins just waits for cooldowns to over over, not for mana to regen?

Quote Originally Posted by Meanshield View Post
    Correct me if im wrong, but since Prot Paladins lost Holy Power, do they just have mana for shit'n'giggles? it seems that they get all their abilities for free whereas every other class need to build to spend... Every vid i've seen it looks like Paladins just waits for cooldowns to over over, not for mana to regen?
    That's right, unless you say managing charges of shield of the righteous is a resource, but if you come here saying that you should be flayed

That feel when managing charges will actually matter on prog, especially if you're running seraphim, if you disagree then you should kill yourself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepelio View Post
    That feel when managing charges will actually matter on prog, especially if you're running seraphim, if you disagree then you should kill yourself
    That feel when that's all well and good but the class still plays like absolute garbage.

Seriously, feels bad man.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damonharp View Post
    That's right, unless you say managing charges of shield of the righteous is a resource, but if you come here saying that you should be flayed
    Damn .. Cant believe Blizz really made such an error ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sepelio View Post
    Yikes. This guy.

ANYWAY!

I was under the impression that, as of this moment in beta, Sera was something you would choose for added damage, but is sub par for survivability and progression.

This obviously isn't true on live, and beta hasn't made a balancing pass, but unless they significantly buff Sera it's not something we're going to be running on progression, yea?

Sera is such a monstrous increase that you'll realistically attempt to gimmick tanking situations to ensure you can take it - i.e the reverse of this tier which was have prot paladin tank as much as possible cause of gc procs increasing output. As far as the class playing like garbage, for the most part it plays very similar to live with the exception of having 30% of your gcd's being hammer esque abilities, going from current tier 4 piece to no AS spam makes it feel brutally slow aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

And @ Damonharp - Put a retarded response in reference to what you said, misinformation ish bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damonharp View Post
    Yikes. This guy.

ANYWAY!

I was under the impression that, as of this moment in beta, Sera was something you would choose for added damage, but is sub par for survivability and progression.

This obviously isn't true on live, and beta hasn't made a balancing pass, but unless they significantly buff Sera it's not something we're going to be running on progression, yea?
    Actually, high end tanking is less about pure-defensive play and more trying to pump out as much damage as possible. The general ethos is more DPS = less time spent on the fight = less damage taken overall = less for healers to heal.

Tanks and healers should always try to maximise their DPS whenever possible during progression because it makes the fights shorter and thus easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Veilyn View Post
    Actually, high end tanking is less about pure-defensive play and more trying to pump out as much damage as possible. The general ethos is more DPS = less time spent on the fight = less damage taken overall = less for healers to heal.

Tanks and healers should always try to maximise their DPS whenever possible during progression because it makes the fights shorter and thus easier.
    Is this really the case? I know purely defensive play is not going to be nearly as good as increased offensive capabilities, unless the balance is completely broken. I still thought defense was valued higher than offensive capabilities, however. I find this kind of stuff interesting since I'll likely never be a cutting edge player.