Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Should i give up on Monk?

Hi!

I have been leveling monks since they arrived at mop beta, but so far, i have a blast leveling them, as soon as i get to max level, they become boring for me.. I'm not sure what is making it boring, i have even got one geared enough to do competitive dps to others, but still i am not having fun. Anyone else feels the same?

Deleted
    I liked the faster play style with button smashing mop had. Don't know if that's still the case with current haste and stuff but at the start of WoD they felt sort of slow for me. But you can switch it up of course, I only know one guy who plays one class exclusively while most play at least 2. I play 4 at a time to keep it interesting, but it's mostly PvP which is a little more alt friendly then raiding I think.

Give up. Monk is only for the strong of heart. The iron of stomach. The courageous of kidney.

We are a masochistic of peoples. We are the ones who help set the sun.

You are not prepared.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well what is it that you like about leveling that disappears at max level? There isn't a shocking change to the class at 100 that would make it feel super different, so without more information its hard to say.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Not speaking for the OP, but my leveling experience was the opposite, felt kinda boring on windwalker and brewmaster, but when I get to the max level and currently raiding they feel so much better. I enjoy both now that I got all my abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    The courageous of kidney.
    This is great.

No never give up on the monk

Deleted
    No!

/char

I raid on my monk (13/13M) and still enjoy it thoroughly.

Well I would keep a max level and try to gear them up. With legion haste will make the gameplay faster (ww lowers cd of fof & rsk, for BrM keg smash and new brews).

Or in monk speach you enjoy the journey more than the destination. Maybe set a goal like soloing content or brawlers guild, proving grounds, etc. Might help out if you have a goal.
    Last edited by Felancelan; 2016-05-17 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved levelling my Monk as a Mistweaver, but as soon as I hit max-level, I became uncertain, thinking I wouldn't do great, so I switched to Windwalker. Thaz some awsum stuff right thar! Also tried Brewmaster, but throwing kegs and breathing fire ain't my thing. Didn't even get Bronze D:

Deleted
    Give up. Monk is only for the strong of heart. The iron of stomach. The courageous of kidney.

You are not prepared.
    This guy knows what its all about

Been tossing kegs since Monks came out and still love it <3 my pally wasnt too happy about it but idc!

You are not prepared.
    This made me grin heavily!

In other news - monks looking awesome in Legion dude - Dont give up just yet!

I'm too drunk to quit brewmastering...

BrM still looks good in Legion

Too many melee and leather DPS competition for WW to be taken as a flex DPS class

If you're not pushing for realm first or top, WW is fine. If so, probably won't see a lot of love

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmirino View Post
    BrM still looks good in Legion

Too many melee and leather DPS competition for WW to be taken as a flex DPS class

If you're not pushing for realm first or top, WW is fine. If so, probably won't see a lot of love
    The consensus of those I've talked to is that WW has the opportunity to be very strong and could be a mandatory class in high level raids.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    Hi!

I have been leveling monks since they arrived at mop beta, but so far, i have a blast leveling them, as soon as i get to max level, they become boring for me.. I'm not sure what is making it boring, i have even got one geared enough to do competitive dps to others, but still i am not having fun. Anyone else feels the same?
    It's the same for me, I have a blast levelling them (think I've levelled 7+ just cause they're so fun to level), get to max level, and it feels boring. In my case I think it's because of being fully heirloomed and enchanted while I level - which gives a ridiculous amount of stat budget at low levels and makes gameplay feel a lot faster/fun. But at max level, gear sucks/stat budgets are low. If I'd just stuck it out until I got better gear, I think it'd probably feel fun again. I'm not a monk pro obviously, but my impression is that how they play is very gear dependent.

Deleted
    To be honest, monk won't pull the burst that mages or rouges can do, but they are just amazing to play, and different then any other class in the game for all of there specs. And probably the most fun to play imo.

Only the windwalking needs to be timed correctly to pull off great numbers though.

Deleted

You are not prepared.
    This is a base WW monk spirit.

If you hesitate try to remember why did you choose to be a monk.

For me it was 3 things.

I love panda, i love martial art, and i love our versatility.

A lot a guild late tease me with do you still plan to play monk for legion?

I admit i thought to swap DH ( no love from dev low dps sometime some nerf cause of sef ) but after some double jump dash an fly i was like. Something felt wrong and i remembered everything about why i am playing monk since MoP. Cause it is fun. Who care if ppl keep saying your class is garbage i still love it why should i let ppl choose what i should play?

WW is a mentality only the strongest mind and the faithfull will keep playing it.

I will