Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    It's always been about the player.. If you like PvP enough to put the time in to get the gear then you should reap the benefits. You can't just PvP a couple times a week and complain about not having the gear to beat someone who PvPs for a living lol.. It's always been about the player and skill/time and effort. Now it's not
    Wait, so what you're telling me is you want a system more like Call of Duty than Counterstrike. I think that says enough for how much you care about PVP actually being good LOL. "I play more so I should have a numerical, objective advantage over you regardless of your skill!" Brilliant logic. The reward for playing more is having more knowledge and practice than someone who hasn't, this is how PVP balance should work.

So are challenge modes cut then? I don't see anything about them.

The acting in those clips felt so lackluster....the fighting scene in the woods felt proper cringe for some reason.
    I asked a m8 or 2 at work if they wanted to come see it, they dont play the game at all ever or even know anything about it, starting to think ill just go alone and save myself the embarrassment.
    or stick to my original idea of waiting till its online...

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    So are challenge modes cut then? I don't see anything about them.
    Replaced with Mythic+ dungeons IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Replaced with Mythic+ dungeons IIRC.
    Damn, that's sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    I've been trying not to criticize the movie stills we've been getting and the trailers; but those scenes made me feel like this is a Syfy show (especially the battle scenes). Quality just doesn't seem to be there.
    First, I hope you aren't trolling. Second, it's 720p... "The quality" No shit the quality isn't there because these are in 720p format. If you and other people like you are going to base the whole movie on these teasers then you then there will be one less person in line when I go to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffie View Post
    First, I hope you aren't trolling. Second, it's 720p... "The quality" No shit the quality isn't there because these are in 720p format. If you and other people like you are going to base the whole movie on these teasers then you then there will be one less person in line when I go to see this.
    You'll be fine. There will not be huge lines. This isn't Star Wars.

And "quality" has nothing to do with what res the clip was uploaded in. Who cares about that?!!! That fight scene looked like it was straight out of a low budget TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    It's funny how most of the reviewers agreed that visuals in the movie are ridiculously good. Not good enough for MMO champ crowd though We are looking at the same footage, and CGI and the level of details is really something else. I understand that it might just look average to you, but claiming they are cheap is just baseless hate. The film had a pretty big budget, which they breached, of course, and CGI and the costumography was done by a studio that got multiple Oscars for their work. How is it cheap to you is beyond me. Maybe you are one of those that thought Avatar was horrible (visually).
    Maybe you can't see it but for many the warcraft movie just doesn't look real. I can't even say what eactly the difference between Avatar and the warcraft movie is...but while watching Avatar I felt like I'm watching a fantastic but real world...while when I see the warcraft scenes it feels like I'm watching puppets with sticks up their butts. Instead of being overwhelmed by the new world I seem to notice one piece that doesn't fit after the other(the fighting scene is horrible. The dude that is holding out his hands to help the other up is completely killing that joke by acting like being blind. The lips of the orcs are hardly moving....their skin in close ups looks like rubber...and that orc hand in the last scene is not just big, it's a bit too big, like twice the size of his head. That's all fine in a comic world...but if you make a real film out of it then immersion matters). Maybe people will get used to it after a while...but it will definitely not work right away.

And "quality" has nothing to do with what res the clip was uploaded in. Who cares about that?!!! That fight scene looked like it was straight out of a low budget TV show.
    But maybe he just can't see it. You know that if you lie you can't hide your true feelings for a very short period...some notice that without of knowing that they saw it...others just can't notice it at all. Some may have a certain feeling for realistic physical or emotional impressions and hence have a much harder time to enjoy a movie that is "a bit off" in that department than others. That's at least my explaination why many seem to complain about the same stuff I do while others don't seem to see those "weaknesses" at all.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2016-05-13 at 02:18 AM.

Fortunately, it isn't Star Wars. At least I hope it isn't.

Go read some of the reviews found online. While they say that plot is just average, they unanimously agree that the visuals are amazing. And the people that were shown parts of the movie during the last Blizzcon said the same thing. But low budget, yes MMO champ has really turned into just hating everything Blizzard. Just have SOME arguments, please. I hate current state of WoW with a burning passion, but Jesus, people. Some degree of objectivity won't kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Maybe you can't see it but for many the warcraft movie just doesn't look real. I can't even say what eactly the difference between Avatar and the warcraft movie is...but while watching Avatar I felt like I'm watching a fantastic but real world...while when I see the warcraft scenes it feels like I'm watching puppets with sticks up their butts. Instead of being overwhelmed by the new world I seem to notice one piece that doesn't fit after the other(the fighting scene is horrible. The dude that is holding out his hands to help the other up is completely killing that joke by acting like being blind. The lips of the orcs are hardly moving....their skin in close ups looks like rubber...and that orc hand in the last scene is not just big, it's a bit too big, like twice the size of his head. That's all fine in a comic world...but if you make a real film out of it then immersion matters). Maybe people will get used to it after a while...but it will definitely not work right away.

But maybe he just can't see it. You know that if you lie you can't hide your true feelings for a very short period...some notice that without of knowing that they saw it...others just can't notice it at all. Some may have a certain feeling for realistic physical or emotional impressions and hence have a much harder time to enjoy a movie that is "a bit off" in that department than others. That's at least my explaination why many seem to complain about the same stuff I do while others don't seem to see those "weaknesses" at all.
    Why don't you wait to see the movie first? LOL that only makes sense right.

- - - Updated - - -

No invite oh well

Seems to be a bug.. Dual spec appears to have been removed, in order to revert to previous method of changing specs.. without gold refund on every hero with dual spec.

Quote Originally Posted by teidden View Post
    Why don't you wait to see the movie first? LOL that only makes sense right.
    Nope, it doesn't. Cause it does not explain why people react so differently on those clips. Wether they will like the movie or not is a different question. They definitely don't like the clips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Wait, so what you're telling me is you want a system more like Call of Duty than Counterstrike. I think that says enough for how much you care about PVP actually being good LOL. "I play more so I should have a numerical, objective advantage over you regardless of your skill!" Brilliant logic. The reward for playing more is having more knowledge and practice than someone who hasn't, this is how PVP balance should work.
    But I worked so hard AFKing in that tunnel

*sigh* No beta invite. Hope to get the next wave! I've had beta for every other game (including second wave closed beta for Overwatch). This is the one I want the most!

This is not germane to this day's posting, but does anyone know what cutoff date Blizzard will use for logging in for the xmog items connected to the release of the movie? Will it be July 25 for the May 25 release in Europe, July 28 for the May 28 release in China, or August 10 for the general release?

Deleted
    We have no clue, but it's a 2 months timeframe

Well, I kinda want to ask anonymous to go crash NBC's bloody serves right now..
    "This video contains content from NBCUniversal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." gee thanks Universal..

Deleted
    Its funny how they never mention the troops for your new garrison. Its always "nah, you wont have many champions, and not many missions" but you in fact have another 6 expendable troops - ships. They are repacking the same shit again and try to deceive to cut costs. Garrison 2.0. Lets hope they actually put enough content in the game beside the mobile facebook crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I never played any of those games so... But it's not hard to get PvP gear in general.. Even if you don't play nearly as much as player X you can still catch up to him pretty easily, thus being equal.. People act like it's impossible to get gear lolol.. Player X got his gear in 1 week cause he PvPs all the time.. But player Z only PvPs a couple times a week so it took him 3 weeks to get gear, that is not fair! hahahaha like ummm... Of course it's fair, but after that 3 weeks player Z is caught up to player X, ta da! See how that works? You PvP to get PvP gear, instead of this copy/paste system you want

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Well, I kinda want to ask anonymous to go crash NBC's bloody serves right now..
    "This video contains content from NBCUniversal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." gee thanks Universal..
    God forbid them protecting their assets right?