Everytime I play an iceblock/freeze mage I've decided to rope every turn.

Ok, Grimscale Oracle/Murloc Tidecaller is the best. It gets better if your opponent is a mill rogue/druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love running into mechwarper shamans and mind vision priests and mana wyrm mages and mark of the wild druids over and over and over. i love brawls that end by turn 5. i love the fact that blizzard still hasn't banned gvg from tavern brawl even though it's been proven to have some of the most broken cards for this format in hearthstone. i love how every match is decided by who gets a minion down first. this brawl is so original and exciting.
    i have yet to run into a single rogue at all.
    on paper this might have been a cool mode but as usual you just encounter the same decks over and over and over and over and only rarely come across one that breaks the mold. now i'm just going to wait for the fanbase to come to it's defense and flame me for expressing my opinion of this brawl.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-05-12 at 10:33 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Wow, this is one fucking awful Tavern Brawl.

Makes me wonder, do they playtest it? Did they even try it ONCE?

This is basically just a wintrade sim.

1. Did you get the coin?
    2. No?
    3. Concede.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Makes me wonder, do they playtest it? Did they even try it ONCE?
    I'm sure they do but I have a feeling Ben Brode's concept of fun is drastically different from mine; the more gimmicky and random it is, and the more he likes it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    I'm sure they do but I have a feeling Ben Brode's concept of fun is drastically different from mine; the more gimmicky and random it is, and the more he likes it.
    This isn't necessary that random of a tavern brawl. But having only 2 cards certainly takes all the non-meta skill away, so all that's left is rng. But certainly less rng than normal hs, unless you play innervate yogg or something like that.

Tavernbrawls like this could use some moderation though. Like after 1st 2 days ban the top X most winning cards to make it actually interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    This isn't necessary that random of a tavern brawl. But having only 2 cards certainly takes all the non-meta skill away, so all that's left is rng. But certainly less rng than normal hs, unless you play innervate yogg or something like that.

Tavernbrawls like this could use some moderation though. Like after 1st 2 days ban the top X most winning cards to make it actually interesting
    if anything wins too much simply make a counter, everyone running ice block? time to flare/kezan/eater of secrets, +charge minion, free win.

mill druid? charge minions free win, no deck is impossible to counter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    Being nothing more than a simple rock-paper-scissor contest, it doesn't really matter what you pick, how you play, how you mulligan, etc. You'll either get countered or you win hands down and you will know which it will be on T1. Imagine what that would be on the ladder... sure you can easily guess what the opponent is playing but at least there are still many more decisions that go into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Everytime I play an iceblock/freeze mage I've decided to rope every turn.
    I did that too against one of the first ones I went against when using my Y'Shaarj druid. I know, douchebaggery at its finest, but if you're going to play a really irritatingly slow deck then surely you won't mind the BMing that occassionally comes when using it. Needless to say he would have won, but for some strange reason he didn't have the patience to do anything, but concede :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The trick there is to play something that gives you such a stupid amount of armor that you actually won't die to the Fatigue and (as I found out earlier) you'll hit the 90 turn cap and it'll be a loss for both of you, much to the surprise and frustration of the mage I'm sure.

That match did make me laugh in the end I guess, but getting a loss after such a stupidly long game for a reason like that made me grumpy at the time.
    Never even knew there was a turn cap, but I guess it makes sense, sort of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i love running into mechwarper shamans and mind vision priests and mana wyrm mages and mark of the wild druids over and over and over. i love brawls that end by turn 5. i love the fact that blizzard still hasn't banned gvg from tavern brawl even though it's been proven to have some of the most broken cards for this format in hearthstone. i love how every match is decided by who gets a minion down first. this brawl is so original and exciting.
    on paper this might have been a cool mode but as usual you just encounter the same decks over and over and over and over and only rarely come across one that breaks the mold. now i'm just going to wait for the fanbase to come to it's defense and flame me for expressing my opinion of this brawl.
    Not going to flame you, but have you ever thought that some of the annoyingly OP decks in any TB DID in fact start as that one deck that broke the mold? The internet just has the tendancy of getting people excited enough to share their initially original deck ideas, thus causing the experience you just mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if anything wins too much simply make a counter, everyone running ice block? time to flare/kezan/eater of secrets, +charge minion, free win.

mill druid? charge minions free win, no deck is impossible to counter.
    ^ This. People complain too much imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'd argue being able to make ridiculous mill decks and innervating turn 1 10 costs IS wacky and fun.

That's the nature of the brawl. It's no secret that stacking cards is effective - that's why we have a card limit on decks. There are dozens of effective viable decks going around in the brawl, and it's not really anyones fault but blizzard's that cards like mechwarper & iceblock exist.
    Secret paladin must have been wacky and fun also.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    I got stomped by a rogue running sap and deadly poison, because I was using innervate+Y'Shaarj, so they could sap them back to my hand quicker than they'd be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    I was getting tired of always running into Mill decks, so I ran an Abusive Sergeant + Leper Gnome deck. They usually concede pretty quick once they realize they're not going to mill you out before they die.
    Bluegill Warrior + Power Overwhelming works too against Mill decks I usually win by turn 5 or 6 and when I was playing my Mill deck I got ROFL stomped by a guy playing Warrior with Target Dummy and Bolster because he was drawing more dummies than I was Naturalizes
    Last edited by Fang7986; 2016-05-13 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I got stomped by a rogue running sap and deadly poison, because I was using innervate+Y'Shaarj, so they could sap them back to my hand quicker than they'd be played.
    I got beat by a rogue running the Charge if weapon equipped Pirate and Cold Blood. Douchebag saved all his Cold Bloods and just used Weapon and Pirate to clear my minions and then literally one shot me for 30 on turn 8 or 9.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravex View Post
    Secret paladin must have been wacky and fun also.
    Funny you mention that, but the community did think that the idea of a deck filled with a ton of 1 mana secrets was a wacky type of deck that supposedly wouldn't see much play in the competitive scene. As much as I hated losing to it I do admit that looking back on the deck it is amusing that a deck with minions that couldn't out dps a hunter by themselves could not only trash face hunter, but laugh in the face of wallet control decks simply by adding a bunch of weak secrets (barring avenge) and adding 1-2 mid range bombs. So I did think that it was funny to see people who spent real money on the game for an extra edge get trashed by f2p players using some almighty 1 mana secret deck.

Tavern Brawls are, for the most part, not meant to resemble balance. It isn't constructed or arena so I don't see what there is to complain about.

gadgetzan auctioneer innervate.. See how fast you can mil yourself.

AMAZING
    what

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    The deck works very well tbh. It is a garuntee win against burn priest, most rogues, most locks, evolve shamans if they don't get something stupid, brave hunters, paladin, and taunt warrior.

However, keep in mind that a good part of your loses, when they occur, will happen when you don't have the coin because getting bad luck with not getting enough innervates in your opening hurts more when your opponent has the coin & can ramp up early on if they're aggro. You are also garunteed to lose if you get a mage that runs ice block, frost nova, and sometimes mirror image with mana wryms. You also don't stand a chance against mill druids. They'll simply naturalize any Y'Shaarj you play before you can get more than 2 down at a time. Also watch out for hunters as they're also a tough matchup. They pretty much need to not draw their mech cats that buff the others or you won't be able to destroy enough small peeing guys before they smorc you up. With that said it still wins more games for me than it loses & how can you say no to 2 10/10's on turn 2?

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is fun how much stupid/op stuff you can do with just two types of cards, especially on classes that don't typically have many kinds of op 'decks'. It is also nice to actually be able to realistically reach the 30 game gold cap for the day with super fast games, depending on what you run. Granted it is a small gold bonus, but other games take too long and are much more balanced to easily reach that daily cap under more normal circumstances.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. This was kind of the general intended purpose of the concept of tavern brawls. The feature is working as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no unbeatable combo in this TB. Mechwarper & Mech cats can beat ice block mages with the coin before the mage gets the first ice block out, the same can be done to Y'Shaarj druids. On the flip side I've also beaten Warper Hunters with Y'Shaarj when I have the coin & am able to avoid unneeded duplicates so I can get out my big dudes on turn 1. Having problems with frost nova mages? Burn priest can kill them if you get good rng with your mind blasts. I've also beaten Warper Hunters with a Cold Blood Argent Squire Rogue (again when I have the coin). Nothing is unbeatable, and no single deck can counter every other one.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, finding out about the fun of the Y'Shaarj druid was due to facing one in TB, not net decking. I'm using it now to hit my daily game gold cap, which I never have the time to get close to reaching most other days.

I have tried out some other decks before using that one though. Cold Blood Argent Squire Rogue is decent depending on what you go against.
    The only way a mechwarper hunter could EVER beat any kind of mage is if they completely failed to draw either ice block or frost nova depending on what they're running. If the mage has a single ice block, there is no way for the hunter to win before turn 3....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    I got beat by a rogue running the Charge if weapon equipped Pirate and Cold Blood. Douchebag saved all his Cold Bloods and just used Weapon and Pirate to clear my minions and then literally one shot me for 30 on turn 8 or 9.
    He got lucky then, 'cause most games never last that long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaarsuviuss View Post

AMAZING
    This made me laugh. ><

Turn 4 self lethal?

Besides that, I've been trying the Tidehunter/Evolve shammy. Just too slow for these fast mech decks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaarsuviuss View Post

AMAZING
    Tried it out.

The results were less than spectacular.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Armorsmith + Whirlwind won me like 6 games in a row by turn 3. Six Iceblock + Fireball Mages. Slam the Armorsmith they concede. Fastest Warrior quest I've ever done.