Deleted
    The SWD change will be awsome. Now all we need is for void ray and mind spike to not be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post

We meet again my old foe!
    I wonder if that loading screen will be updated with *spoiler* in the Broken Shore?

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    We're very rapidly running out of things to complain about.

Hope you all enjoy breaking things! Hopefully I'll get to join you all sooner or later! Woooo

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    I do wonder how that will work with RoS though. Do we get the full 30 at all times (0-35%), or only 10 during that range? If it is 10 even from 20-35%, then it is a pretty strong nerf to RoS. Even 10 baseline is an, arguably needed, indirect nerf to RoS, or at least make it less mandatory.

There are still a few problem talents still: FotM, Void Ray, Void Lord, LotV, MSp. These range from "trap" (FotM, LotV) to "weak" (FotM, LotV, Void Lord) to "DoA" (Void Ray, MSp)

Quote Originally Posted by Nihiel View Post
    Congrats to the guys who got into the beta!

I've wondering, now that it's looking like StM will be the go-to talent for shadow and Void Torrent scaling very well with haste, isn't it pretty much set in stone that troll will be the absolute best regarding racials? I'm thinking Berserking in the last phase of StM with buffed up dots will make Berserking tremendously powerful, much stronger than a static 1% haste etc
    I think that berserking will be absurdly strong for shadow priest in surrender to madness. It's basically a 15% damage buff....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    I do wonder how that will work with RoS though. Do we get the full 30 at all times (0-35%), or only 10 during that range? If it is 10 even from 20-35%, then it is a pretty strong nerf to RoS. Even 10 baseline is an, arguably needed, indirect nerf to RoS, or at least make it less mandatory.

There are still a few problem talents still: FotM, Void Ray, Void Lord, LotV, MSp. These range from "trap" (FotM, LotV) to "weak" (FotM, LotV, Void Lord) to "DoA" (Void Ray, MSp)
    I think it was a much needed "nerf" to RoS. I wanted to try other talents, but it felt so mandatory. Heck, it might still be mandatory depending on how important StM is.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-05-13 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Ehh there's still a few.

Having finally had the chance to sit down and play shadow myself i can offer my opinion on it.

It feels awkward to say the least. I feel that we have to many instants at times, yet at other times not enough. I ran with Shadowy Insight and honestly it felt great. Definitely the talent i'll be taking on movement heavy fights. I do wish that there was a stack system like how Surge of Darkness use to work, it would make the talent feel much smoother. Void form while leveling feels annoying as hell as well. Usually from 0 insanity i'll just be able to enter void form and the target was dying at 680 ilvl. With my priest on live going into legion with a 740+ ilvl, things are just going to melt. It doesn't feel very good to have to use Power Word: Shield in the middle of void form to survive something, so the return of the fade glyph would be nice. Void Torrent is awesome, however being knocked back during the cast of it is a right pain. As far as stats go, the premade toon had a haste set and a crit set. I tried both and haste felt very superior. There were a few times where I was at 90%+ haste due to void form. Losing the haste i get from void form as I enter a new void form makes me not want to enter void form again, even though i'm sure it's a DPS loss. Void Bolt feels great, especially as an instant cast. Dominant Mind is a nice talent and makes soloing stuff easier as I basically have a pet that can just tank for me and since it lasts 1m, he's basically almost dead by the time it's up. The ranged AoE stun feels good, even with a cast time. Surrender to Madness is a lot of fun, but it needs to be reset on a dungeon boss wipe, not just a raid boss one. I was able to reach 120 stacks with ease, then the dungeon boss died, as did I.

Overall some of it feels good, but if feels a bit clunky at times.

Ehh there's still a few.

Having finally had the chance to sit down and play shadow myself i can offer my opinion on it.

It feels awkward to say the least. I feel that we have to many instants at times, yet at other times not enough. I ran with Shadowy Insight and honestly it felt great. Definitely the talent i'll be taking on movement heavy fights. I do wish that there was a stack system like how Surge of Darkness use to work, it would make the talent feel much smoother. Void form while leveling feels annoying as hell as well. Usually from 0 insanity i'll just be able to enter void form and the target was dying at 680 ilvl. With my priest on live going into legion with a 740+ ilvl, things are just going to melt. It doesn't feel very good to have to use Power Word: Shield in the middle of void form to survive something, so the return of the fade glyph would be nice. Void Torrent is awesome, however being knocked back during the cast of it is a right pain. As far as stats go, the premade toon had a haste set and a crit set. I tried both and haste felt very superior. There were a few times where I was at 90%+ haste due to void form. Losing the haste i get from void form as I enter a new void form makes me not want to enter void form again, even though i'm sure it's a DPS loss. Void Bolt feels great, especially as an instant cast. Dominant Mind is a nice talent and makes soloing stuff easier as I basically have a pet that can just tank for me and since it lasts 1m, he's basically almost dead by the time it's up. The ranged AoE stun feels good, even with a cast time. Surrender to Madness is a lot of fun, but it needs to be reset on a dungeon boss wipe, not just a raid boss one. I was able to reach 120 stacks with ease, then the dungeon boss died, as did I.

Overall some of it feels good, but if feels a bit clunky at times.
    The more I played shadow, the less clunky it felt to me at least. When I first got on to the alpha realms, I was fumbling a lot with new keybinds/style coming from dotless to dots. The longer I played, the more natural it felt to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    The more I played shadow, the less clunky it felt to me at least. When I first got on to the alpha realms, I was fumbling a lot with new keybinds/style coming from dotless to dots. The longer I played, the more natural it felt to me at least.
    Like it feels natural, but at times i'll have Void Bolt, Mind Blast, and Shadow Word; Death all up at the same time. When you're running STM it's great to have that happen, but horrible at the same time. Not to mention if you get an SI proc right after you cast it. Also feels weird that SI doesn't reset the CD of mind blast.

Like it feels natural, but at times i'll have Void Bolt, Mind Blast, and Shadow Word; Death all up at the same time. When you're running STM it's great to have that happen, but horrible at the same time. Not to mention if you get an SI proc right after you cast it. Also feels weird that SI doesn't reset the CD of mind blast.
    I can definitely agree with that. I feel like if you want to have everything on CD all the time, the spec is going to feel clunky. I kind of just worried myself only with void bolt being 100% on cd, and just lowered mind blast's priority. I just kind of became "ok" with mind blast being delayed a bit I guess.

Also i hope the shadowy insight thing is a bug its so annoying.

There's something I don't get. How do you reach "120" stacks ?! My stacks don't go up at 100.

Homophobia is so gay.

Does anyone here stream, think Spriest is the only class i dont really see on twitch that im looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by pixelated senpai View Post
    Does anyone here stream, think Spriest is the only class i dont really see on twitch that im looking forward to.
    Theed occasionally does videos. Maybe someone who mains an spriest will pop up on twitch now that more invites are out.

I stream Was streaming it for about 2 hours if you want to check out the VoD: https://www.twitch.tv/djriff/v/66051559

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I can definitely agree with that. I feel like if you want to have everything on CD all the time, the spec is going to feel clunky. I kind of just worried myself only with void bolt being 100% on cd, and just lowered mind blast's priority. I just kind of became "ok" with mind blast being delayed a bit I guess.

Also i hope the shadowy insight thing is a bug its so annoying.
    But Mind Blast deals more damage than Void Bolt right? Really i keep it on CD but my priority is MB > SW: D > VB

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    There's something I don't get. How do you reach "120" stacks ?! My stacks don't go up at 100.
    I read it as 120 stacks, maybe i was bugged?

I guess i'm the only one sad about mind flay playing a smaller and smaller role with every xpack. Back when i started playing in wotlk i remember doing pits of saron as a rogue (my first char ever) and seeing a shadow priest. He was gracefully floating around melting faces with mind flay and mind sear, all while looking like a total badass. That was the moment i fell in love with sp and to this day priest is my main. To me mf together with mb are THE sp signature spells. I somewhat miss the old gameplay, where you just had to drop swp, vp, dp and then lazily mf whilst mb'ing on cd, when the only thing i had to worry about was not clipping mf ticks. It's sad seeing my trusty face melter getting no love both visually and gameplay wise but i guess times change eh.

Well we're definitely not the only spec to change. In a ST fight I used mind flay quite a bit. It is the filler spell. However as Void Form went on for longer i didn't need to use it any more, or rather I couldn't as I was only getting 1 tick between my other spells and I had to delay them. I tried a few different types of rotation and I found that not casting mind flay and delaying everything else, thus leading to a shorter void form was a bigger loss to my DPS. Once you get out of void form all you have to worry about is keeping blast on CD and flaying between.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In an upcoming build, Shadow Word: Death will generate 10 Insanity always. Also, it will have a hidden 1 second grace period during which it will grant the added 20 if the target dies.
    Ah fuck, now what do we whine about?

Oh right: AoE, melee trains, Void Ray, Mind Spike, Mania, PvP talents, SI charges, and StM not resetting/still killing you if boss dies. Did I miss anything? I probably did.

Yeah, AoE definitely feels weird. I'm a big fan of how easy talent swapping is now though. No confirming = awesome.

What are you guys doing for AoE? I'm not running a meter so can't really tell what's better, dot everything and sear or just sear and pop Void Form when it's up? Shadow Crash isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

StM not resetting on a dungeon boss wipe is extremely annoying. I can live with the dying after the boss does though.

But Mind Blast deals more damage than Void Bolt right? Really i keep it on CD but my priority is MB > SW: D > VB
    Mind Blast doing more damage baseline is irrelevant for a priority system. Void Bolt has a really short cooldown and can only be used during Void Form, thus maximizing Void Bolts is priority #1. Not to mention its damage is basically on par or better than Mind Blast depending on the amount of mastery you have, and also when multidotting if you don't use Void Bolt first you're pushing back your refreshes way too long.

Yeah, thats what i was thinking about. Even though i don't have alpha/beta invites, having so many important spells on haste dependant cd coupled with extreme haste buffs in void form was bound to lead to a situation, when all important cds are so low that filler is redundant. Still i hope mf will have its uses in solo content, and i plan on leveling using void ray talent, since i don't see reaper of souls being too beneficial when questing (honestly the only reason it is popular in my opinion is that it is crazy good with StM)