Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundTriggered View Post
    haha don't be so triggered, it's pretty funny
    Only someone who's constantly triggered would have the word in their username. Whoever started the trend of calling people cucks knew it from experience. And that's pretty hilarious. Because some right wing cuck tried to deflect his own shame XD
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    You were the one originally bringing up sides.
    The implication was more that unbiased sources tend not to claim illegals are a net loss. Or at least that there was quite a bit of variance in opinions on the topic even among experts in the field. I was refuting the claim that illegals are a net loss to the economy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I think people complain about "racist" (for example) being misapplied more than it actually happens. Don't get me wrong, it does happen. But then plenty of people also say racist things and then deny that they are racist when called on it.
    Well, first off there is the notion that racist comments are somehow damning in the extreme against say; negative racist actions.

Secondly it's the misuse of the word when it simply doesn't apply that devolves and degrades the meaning.

For example, I hate Islam. That does not make me a racist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Nah, it actually happens a lot, even if you don't see it. I could pretend 'cuck' doesn't get overused, but it quite clearly is, so I'll admit that.

And besides, it's not a contest of which gets overused (and incorrectly so) more. It's about words being overused and misapplied, and 'racist', 'sexist', etc. surely get overused and misapplied, and I never see the same people complaining about words (acronyms) like 'SJW' being overused and bad complaining about that.
    Only ones who complain about SJW being used as a slur are SJW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Says the kid who felt the need to respond with literally nothing but an insult.
    Calling it like I see it.

And it's not calling you a 'horrible poopie-face'. I'm just calling how unwilling you seem to actually want to tackle the point honestly for what I see it as.

If that hurts you, that's none of my business. You're just a draining person to discuss anything with, because trying to make a point with you is like explaining rocket science to a tribesman.

Then, when it suits you, you seem to be clever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I missed the part where this is supposed to change the point?

'Racism' is still an overused word and often misused, like 'Cuck', but the certain group of people I see complaining every time about these buzzwords don't seem to mind that - more often than not, they belong to the group that loves to contribute to its over- and misuse.

I found that fairly curious.
    Buzzwords are only OK when leftists uses them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post

Not the only ones, but in this thread, and usually with these kinds of discussions, I'm starting to think so, yeah.

The implication was more that unbiased sources tend not to claim illegals are a net loss. Or at least that there was quite a bit of variance in opinions on the topic even among experts in the field. I was refuting the claim that illegals are a net loss to the economy.
    And what does that have to do with the #StopTrump crowd labeling themselves as cucks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    'I love Hispanics' - Trump

'Trump hates minorities' - Americans
    fixed that for you there.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Which amounts to little better than "all the people who call me out on my nonsense are the other team"

Urge to create a Venn diagram - with "People who complain about buzzwords that target "progressives"." in one circle, "People who never complain about words like 'racist' being overused." in another, and "People who overuse and misapply words like 'racist' all the time." in the last - rising..

God, I can't believe it's the CURRENT YEAR and some people aren't cucking for Islam and mass immigration! I mean really! Let's face it, some bigots aren't prepping the bull, and honestly people, that's like taking a Flock of Seagulls concert and adding Nyquil. Come on people, IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR!
    Mage | Paladin | Officer of <Strawberry Puppy Kisses> | A Discordian is Prohibited of Believing what he reads.

Well, first off there is the notion that racist comments are somehow damning in the extreme against say; negative racist actions.

Secondly it's the misuse of the word when it simply doesn't apply that devolves and degrades the meaning.

For example, I hate Islam. That does not make me a racist.
    Racist words being better than racist actions doesn't particularly make the words ok. Especially because overt racism is easier to spot and combat. That kind of racism is mostly dead in the US.

Technically, the proper word for someone who hates the entirety of a religion simply on the basis of religion is a bigot. I suppose racist could work for Antisemitism though. There has been a relaxation of the definition of racist to allow for any cultural discrimination. I find that more acceptable because racism is based upon the flawed idea that different people are actually a different race altogether. Basically, race isn't a thing anyway.

Deleted
    Which amounts to little better than "all the people who call me out on my nonsense are the other team"
    You don't really call people out wells, you just come to your own stupid conclusions and then brow-beat people and avoid the subject until people just start ignoring you.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    And what does that have to do with the #StopTrump crowd labeling themselves as cucks?
    I was replying to the point someone else made. Report me for going off topic then, I don't really care.

You don't really call people out wells, you just come to your own stupid conclusions and then brow-beat people and avoid the subject until people just start ignoring you.
    I mean what do you expect with pants on head shit like "everyone who complains about "SJW" is an SJW"? That's with us or against us territory.

Deleted
    Racist words being better than racist actions doesn't particularly make the words ok. Especially because overt racism is easier to spot and combat. That kind of racism is mostly dead in the US.

Technically, the proper word for someone who hates the entirety of a religion simply on the basis of religion is a bigot. I suppose racist could work for Antisemitism though. There has been a relaxation of the definition of racist to allow for any cultural discrimination. I find that more acceptable because racism is based upon the flawed idea that different people are actually a different race altogether. Basically, race isn't a thing anyway.
    Like everything in the world, there are shades of grey. Some kind walking around in blackface going "Sheeeeeit" as a joke is not as damning and life destroying as lynchings and segregation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The meaning of cuck isn't one dimensional.
    Just like fag, or gay have more than one meaning. All boils down to how receptive one's intellect is to realize what it means when used in various contexts.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    I mean what do you expect with pants on head shit like "everyone who complains about "SJW" is an SJW"? That's with us or against us territory.
    Not really; can you show us proof the only people whining that SJW is a buzzword are not subscribing to that cult's behavior? Like really, if I were insulting SJW, if you were not one, nobody cares right?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggendorf View Post
    God, I can't believe it's the CURRENT YEAR and some people aren't cucking for Islam and mass immigration! I mean really! Let's face it, some bigots aren't prepping the bull, and honestly people, that's like taking a Flock of Seagulls concert and adding Nyquil. Come on people, IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR!
    God I can't believe it's THE CURRENT YEAR and yet some people still have their own opinions I mean come on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Only someone who's constantly triggered would have the word in their username. Whoever started the trend of calling people cucks knew it from experience. And that's pretty hilarious. Because some right wing cuck tried to deflect his own shame XD
    Calling people cuckolds came back because cucks kept spamming their shitty caption images and falseflagging about how they want their wife to get BLACKED, this upset people that their discussions were being interrupted and thus cuckold became a popular insult again. Eventually it leaked from chan culture, spread into others and eventually was bastardized into whatever the hell it means now.