Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yep, never got a beta invite for a Blizzard game apart from HotS and Hearthstone, both of which I consider pretty bad games. Nice trolling, Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion is the first time I got legitimately flagged.

Wrath I got in because I had a friend who worked at Blizzard. Cata I got in from a streamer friend giving me a spare key. MoP I got in from Annual Pass. WoD I got in for having a Garrosh heroic kill (there was a wave where everyone with a kill on heroic got invited). Never got to see TBC beta.

Deleted
    I started playing around the middle of Burning Crusade expac, managed to get into two beta tests. MoP with the annual pass and WoD. Got in the WoD beta towards the end of it which was quite fun since most of the questing was complete at that point so I got to preview like all of Frostfire Ridge a couple months early, which was awesome.

Haven't been invited to the legion beta yet. But there's still like 3 and a half months between now and release, and they have only just done the first wave. And to all you people with back luck, your back luck can run out. Just because you haven't gotten in before doesn't mean you won't this time, so don't be downbeat.

Never received one, and been playing since wow launchday. No beta for wow, starcraft, diablo, heroes of the storm, hearthstone, overwatch or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Legion is the first time I got legitimately flagged.

Wrath I got in because I had a friend who worked at Blizzard. Cata I got in from a streamer friend giving me a spare key. MoP I got in from Annual Pass. WoD I got in for having a Garrosh heroic kill (there was a wave where everyone with a kill on heroic got invited). Never got to see TBC beta.
    Hah, I completely forgot that that was how I got into Cata beta until I read this. A guy I used to be in a guild with and myself got on quite well, and even though I'd moved guild we kept in touch for a bit, maybe as we both played druid tanks. He had been a GM working in France (and actually told me i should put in for the job, as he was leaving (though i didn't know it was his job he was telling me to put in for until after the fact)), which I didn't know at the time, but he happened to get some keys for a few of us.

So I've gotten into 2 through "curious" means, but never selected (if memory serves).

Quote Originally Posted by Plaguestorm View Post
    100% impossible... they will not send invites to people not opted in...

- - - Updated - - -

you opted in for wow, so yeah you DID opt in for legion, as you dident turn it off come legion invites

- - - Updated - - -

they will send it to people who havent played the game at all, as long as they oppted in, its a good oppratunity to get feedback from somone who has never played the game
    you say impossible, yet looking at my acc says i have access and when i check my status for which games i'm opted in, wow is not one of them. Maybe it's because I am opted in for Starcraft and overwatch?

10+ Year Old Account
    People who killed Mythic Archimonde quick enough were automatically enrolled into alpha. Everyone on alpha was upgraded to beta, so it is possible.

Deleted
    Started playing in vanilla.
    Never been in any beta, never got invited and never got a beta key from any give away.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    WoW EU Closed beta - Check
    MoP beta - Check
    Legion alpha - check.

Only ones I never had were TBC, Wotlk and Cata

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    8 years and never once had a true beta invite. for the past 4 I have always had a pretty high end rig too. Shame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't get one for BC but I've had one every other time. Haven't gotten into the Legion one yet. I really do like getting into things and testing shit and giving feedback. It will sound shocking to many but the active testing community is really dedicated and friendly despite their disagreements a lot of the time. It really feels great to be a part of that far more than the actual benefit of the testing itself. To actually play with people that enjoy the game and genuinely care about making it better, even if in different ways than you think, is a very rich experience unlike any other forum, guild or group of mates and while the game itself is buggy, unplayable and usually shit in terms of balance or design in beta, it's really fucking fun to try it with the more talkative and dedicated testers.

Seriously, join a big testing guild and active group and hang out with them. It's unlike anything else I've ever had in the game and I've never seen people nicer or more helpful.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Never had a wow beta invite (had hearthstone starcraft 2 wings, and heroes of the storm). Finally found out last night I had alpha access for some time. It's now a beta access and I downloaded last night.

Kinda felt derpy that I didnt notice for so long.

Deleted
    10 years with Blizzard and not one damn beta invite to anything. Taking into account how much money I spent on subs and character recustomizations, Blizzard should have given me not only beta access but Legion expansion as well entirely for free just to be nice to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88a View Post
    I own every single blizzard game ever created and have all the CD-keys uploaded to my Blizzard account. Still, I never received a beta invite to any of their games. First I thought they would consider how many games you own already when they send out invites, but seems like they don't.
    I used to think they'd consider based on how much cash you shovel into them, how many bugs you report on a weekly basis, how active a community member you are on their forum. Tried everything really.

I've never been into a beta.

I'm tempted to just start up a wow community website and seeing if they'd hand it out there. Seems as long as you're involved in the journalism of WoW you get one automatically. Even the ones who don't do any redeeming journalism and just bitch 24/7 cough cough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Beta isn't all it is cracked up to be. Why do you want to play it so early? Why do you want to burn yourself out now, months before the real thing comes out?
    ^^ This

Too many people complain about lack of content, too fast, simply because they have consumed the content, before it was officially released..

IMO, betakeys should be reduced by 90-95%, and first and foremost be given to people who create addons..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletal Sorcerer View Post
    I have never received a wow beta invite in the history of me having a registered account. I signed up for every beta for world of warcraft starting with lich king and I never got in. So unfair!
    Wow. Apparently we're all 14 year old basement dwellers.

I haven't, and at this point i don't expect to. F blizzard, apparently the time and money i've committed to them means nothing...

i got a fake email for one lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Only beta I was ever able to get into was MoP. Although I think back then it was different, easier to get in I think. Either that or I was incredibly lucky which is a VERY rare thing. I'm 99% sure I opted in for the Legion beta but haven't gotten anything yet. Typical. Give players that have only been playing a couple years beta access while players that have been playing for 10 years or so are left out. I really don't get how they distribute beta keys. Seems like it's just random like it just randomly selects players whether they've been playing for a couple days or 12 years.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    well blizzard probley has a vetting process they go thou. Has the email in question facebook with more the 1000 friends? does it hav a tweet or a youtube or what ever to help get some media coverag out?.

Oh you might think they give it to some certen people like famile members and friends but my ass pulled number is that 70+% is given to people who can give some kind of hype to the upcoming game some how, and the rest of it is just some randomnize people. that they mabey feel might want it.
    Last edited by mmocc1a1fece26; 2016-05-13 at 03:19 PM.