Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its interesting that the conclusion they'd come to would be that the bacteria would lead to people becoming larger, if anything the opposite would make more sense, that "bad" gut bacteria would lead to you losing weight. Of course, it would fail to explain why some obese people don't suddenly have permanent changes in weight with no change in lifestyle when an event occurs that would likely wipe out most gut bacteria (like a C diff infection).

The research is interesting but the conclusions come completely out of left field.

It is the first time that scientists have considered that the transmission of disease might be possible through gut bacteria.
    Well whoever wrote the article obviously has no idea what they're talking about, otherwise we should fire every scientist that's said this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydruid View Post
    Why the fuck can't people accept the fact that they are obese because of their lifestyle. I don't get why people try to find some underlying reason for something to be able to make an excuse as to why they are lazy fucks.
    Lifestyle might be the cause of the obesity, but whats the cause of the lifestyle?

Thats a more useful question to ask

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    You dont really have to put in heaps of effort to get skinny, that just depends on how fast you want to lose weight, but in all honesty, its really fucking easy, in fact its possibly one the easiest things in the world, which is to simply not consume callories.

Well the action of reducing input is easy anyway, dealing with the stomach pains that come along with it on the other hand may not be so easy, and if you expect to lose weight immediately then you will be disappointed, to speed it up you must burn more callories.

so all you really need to do is have some self control, and stop eating shit food.
    This is (for a significant majority I think) true enough.

There still remains a vast minority who aren't coping with it, and probably a vast majority (of obese people) who don't bother at all.

Industries are built upon breaking that self control, much as with drugs, gambling, impulse purchases.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Lifestyle might be the cause of the obesity, but whats the cause of the lifestyle?

Thats a more useful question to ask
    Well, clearly something out of their control. You just have to look long enough for other reasons so they can feel good about slacking.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    Industries are built upon breaking that self control, much as with drugs, gambling, impulse purchases.
    Good read... Salt, Sugar, Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us (link)

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    That can be true, but not always. Someone that burns 800 less calories a day will almost always be overweight.
    Someone that burns less than 800 calories a day, died sometime that day, because that is less than what is required to stay alive doing absolutely nothing.

Deleted
    Does anyone else get this funny (but pathetic) triumphant moment to themselves, when they see a thread title and think is this so and so poster? I bet it is!

Then you click on it and you're dead right.

Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Does anyone else get this funny (but pathetic) triumphant moment to themselves, when they see a thread title and think is this so and so poster? I bet it is!

Then you click on it and you're dead right.
    Then you clicked it and burned 1.42 calories. /high five! Oh damn that high five... Might be hundreds of calories the way I do it with my bros.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2016-05-14 at 10:35 AM.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    so gym rats should wear masks and kick the fatties out? Noice.
    Science backs up my fat shaming!

So from now on obese people will be even more fatshamed as to "don't touch me, you're contagious !". Great sense of responsibility, hats off, medias.

Deleted
    Absolutely insane.

This is absurd. If anything's contagious, it's the pathological compulsion in people to absolve themselves of any responsibility for the number of calories they eat.

just waiting for proof fat shaming works now :P

You know guys when they imply that stomach bacteria cause obesity I suspect they mean that shitty bacteria harm your bodies ability to break down and absorb nutrients while passing other shit on down the line. If you need X% of a vitamin to get by and have to eat 3 times as many apples to get the same amount of that vitamin as someone else your obviously going to have problems. Quit being dicks. No one said the bacteria are pulling matter from another dimension to make people fat.

That said, I don't really feel like people are treating obesity like the disease it is in alot of north america. the whole 'be happy with your body' thing is like the direct opposite of how we treat, say, smokers. Smokers gotta deal with pictures of fucked up organs and constant haranguing about the poison they ingest. Feeling bad about it DOES tend to help direct yourself to stop doing it. Obese people just latch on to the body positive thing and move on like everything's k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just need to quarantine all fat people and lock them up.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    Smokers gotta deal with pictures of fucked up organs and constant haranguing about the poison they ingest. Feeling bad about it DOES tend to help direct yourself to stop doing it. Obese people just latch on to the body positive thing and move on like everything's k.
    It's a funny thing to compare obesity to smoking (which you're not directly doing, I'm just using your post as a springboard), or any other kind of addiction. With cigarettes, or heroin, or coke, or whatever, the solution is always "never do it again, by any means necessary. Here, have a 12-step program." With food, it's "do it, because you damned well have to, but less and differently; in a way that likely increases cravings for the way you did it before. Oh, and if you mess up you'll be in ever worse shape metabolically than before. Keep it up until you die. Good luck."

Any former smokers: can you imagine trying to quit if you absolutely had to still have 3 a day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaransan View Post
    You know guys when they imply that stomach bacteria cause obesity I suspect they mean that shitty bacteria harm your bodies ability to break down and absorb nutrients while passing other shit on down the line. If you need X% of a vitamin to get by and have to eat 3 times as many apples to get the same amount of that vitamin as someone else your obviously going to have problems. Quit being dicks. No one said the bacteria are pulling matter from another dimension to make people fat.

That said, I don't really feel like people are treating obesity like the disease it is in alot of north america. the whole 'be happy with your body' thing is like the direct opposite of how we treat, say, smokers. Smokers gotta deal with pictures of fucked up organs and constant haranguing about the poison they ingest. Feeling bad about it DOES tend to help direct yourself to stop doing it. Obese people just latch on to the body positive thing and move on like everything's k.
    No, I believe the bacteria they're speaking of are actually more efficient at extracting nutrients from food than the bacteria in the gut of a person of normal weight.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    No they aren't.

No they don't. Time and dedication =/= fucking easy.

That isn't necessarily true or even likely. No, you're wrong.
    So you're telling me when they're watching TV or doing some other activity where they're stationary for hours at a time, they couldn't be on a stationary bike or tread mill? There's only one reason to be obese and it's if you actually have a medical condition where your body metabolizes food incredibly slow. Other than that, there aren't any excuses. "Oh my job..." "Oh my social life..." They're all excuses. I know countless fat people and their reason for being fat boils down to "I just don't care enough" which is the case for most obese people. I'm not saying fat people don't wish to be skinny, I'm just saying they lack that drive to want to be skinny. They've accumulated all that excess mass on their body and it can be overwhelming to think about losing it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    People will make literally any excuse to hide their laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://news.nationalpost.com/health/..._lsa=46cc-efa8

I knew it!
    Finally we have some hard data to back it up.
    So much for just letting each person live their own life.
    What a load of horseshit. Put the fork down and stop trying to blame other people for your lack of will power.

Also, Tennisace thread, lulz
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight